How did you pay for the CND Complete course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you just buy it wholesale from Sweet Squared 08452106060 it is 15.00 less than the price you quote!!

I can't buy from S2 yet as I don't have an account number. Will I get this when I pay the deposit for my course does anyone know, or do I have to wait until the course is completed?

OMG is it tomorrow he gets back? Well in that case we won't expect to see you on here until the weekend at the very earliest, lol! :D

Lol. :)

Ooo exciting. U know what would be a good idea giving a load of people to call you asking how much you L&p and gel nails are then u quote them £25 each on the phone whilst hubby is there and say see look
How many people want their nails done I'm busy and I haven't
Evn started training yet. It's to sad to have to turn all these people down. Then he should hopefully see its a good investment lol xxx

You must be so excited, my son's done Afghan twice and it was great to have him back.

I paid my deposit and received my membership number within minutes. Went on site and had a nose round and I've been and bought a couple of bits for the first time from them today xx

Referring to the last 8 posts, can we keep the topic professional and keep the chit chat in private messages? It is making this whole page look like a chat room and is against site rules. Thanks.

Referring to the last 8 posts, can we keep the topic professional and keep the chit chat in private messages? It is making this whole page look like a chat room and is against site rules. Thanks.
Sorry.

Sorry, get a bit carried away at times x

Hey, back on topic, my hubby said yes! As long as it's ITEC level 3 he's happy!

It's definately level 3, isn't it? The complete course? Xx

Have started another thred but Sally's have replied saying .....

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the ASP Training Course you attended in Cosham on the 5th, 6th 19th and 20th March.
Apologies for the time we have taken to fully respond to your complaint, however we wanted to get all the facts together from all parties before replying.

We have now investigated your concerns with the Course Provider, the ASP National Training Manager, the Guild of Beauty Therapists and Habia.

Firstly, we would like to reassure you and confirm that the above course is accredited by The Guild of Beauty Therapists (See attached the document from the Guild confirming this).
Additionally the Guild is nationally recognised by Habia (Habia is the government appointed sector skills body and industry authority for hair, beauty, nails, spa therapy, barbering and African type hair).

Habia have advised that any student will be able to get insurance through The Guild of Beauty Therapists or through BABTAC (British Association of Beauty, Therapy and Cosmetology) which also recognises this particular guild.
The insurance does allow you to practice professionally as a Nail Technician on the general public, either at home, as a mobile or within a salon.

The website link below contains more information about Habia:
http://habia.org/

The website link below contains more information about BABTAC:
http://www.babtac.com/about-us/

We would also like to confirm that all our ASP courses count towards CPD points (Continuing Professional Development) and are a recognised qualification within the industry.
This will assist you to identify the skills and knowledge needed to further enhance your future career. The course you attended carries 38 CPD points.

With regards to the negative comments about the Tutor reading from the Manual, we were surprised to read these comments, given that the feedback form that was completed after the course was positive about the Tutor. With regards to the negative comments about the Tutor reading from the Manual; Trainers do not read from the manual as the contents of the manual needs to covered by the students at home.

The Tutor is expected to go through their own relevant experiences and constantly check the students understanding, this is an essential part of the course as the trainer needs to take all students through the “Nail Prep” which is 12 pages long. This is to make sure the course is viable for students to attend without a Manicure qualification, this would also cover Health and Safety information.

Once satisfied that this has been covered then the Trainer will proceed with the practical module of the training.
The training company is confident that the Trainer has done her job correctly and this is shown from the feedback that was received from all students on the course.

Regarding your point about having purchased products not branded ASP, if you still have the receipt and the products are unopened, we will be happy to refund the price you paid.

Finally, regarding the original certificate you were sent, we have been informed by ASP that they have already sent you a revised new certificate that is replacing the old one you were sent.

We hope the above information has addressed all your concerns.

Kinds Regards

I really don't know what to even reply with x

Hi, this is my 1st time on here. I have just got divorced and am using my 'rainy day' nest egg, this will also have to pay for my childcare for my 4 children, new stock etc so unfortunately there won't be much left but I feel my rainy day will come sooner if I don't do something worthwhile with it. I did look at a home study course but the customer service was uninspiring, but Kate my CND ambassador has been brilliant. I start my course at Cheltenham on May 29th. At 42 I feel I'm quite old and I am a complete novice (this is the 1st thing I've done for myself in over 12 years!!) but Kate has been brilliant, answering all my questions, advising me on relevant books that I have ordered from Amazon. I am a bag of nerves about it, but I am looking forward to meeting her and getting started. Did compare home study and college courses, but CND seem to come out on top and as I've read, they have small classes and excellent products. As for models......I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it!!!

Good luck you'll love the course a fresh start xxx

Hey, back on topic, my hubby said yes! As long as it's ITEC level 3 he's happy!

It's definately level 3, isn't it? The complete course? Xx
Brilliant news hubby is a good man lol xxx

Well done on CND complete, are there different levels of ITEC? Reading these threads makes me feel like a complete thicko...am hoping in 6 months time I will look back on now and feel I've come a long way...I can hope. Don't forget CND is the Aston Martin of nail tech courses.

Babezone, as for Sally's, didn't they make you aware of their course being linked to CPD points? Do you feel you learn't from the course? Someone out there must be able to explain. I'm not surprised you feel frustrated after that letter. I wonder if the ITEC has CPD points? What are the minimum requirements for being a nail tech and getting insured?

Wonder if Geeg knows? x

Thanks Deb 1511, am very nervous...but happy, exciting nervous. As i said before, am reading these threads and can't wait to participate on more technical issues. I can see I will be on Nail Geek often wanting advice xx

Well I rang up and checked with one of the team and he was lovely, and he said it was, but he seemed a bit unsure and vague so I just want to double check as it's a lot of money.

I just want to make definately sure, mainly because I have done my NVQ2 already so even though CND training is amazing I just like the idea of going up a level.

Also, my hubby knows nothing about nails or CND's rep, all he knows about is qualifications, so I was able to convince him on the grounds that it was level 3.

Also on the grounds that he can get a BMW! Lol.

Yes there are different grades of ITEC, level 1,2, and 3. ITEC are private and internationally recognised where NVQ's are not. I'm pretty sure level 3 is like A Levels, that higher standard of qualification.

Obviously I mainly want it because it's CND but for hubby it's all about the level!

:)

Thanks for that. I didn't know. Have you seen the post geeg put on about shellac v gel polish on the 'getting last bit of shellac off' thread. (That is a very interesting thread, even for someone who knows very little, like me). It's from you tube, seen it mentioned but hadn't seen it before. V interesting.
You sound as though you are nearly sorted, when will you book on?......hopefully before the BMW arrives!! haha.
Had an email off Kate saying the kits in and I won't believe my eyes when I see it, can't wait...just want to start x

Thanks for that. I didn't know. Have you seen the post geeg put on about shellac v gel polish on the 'getting last bit of shellac off' thread. (That is a very interesting thread, even for someone who knows very little, like me). It's from you tube, seen it mentioned but hadn't seen it before. V interesting.
You sound as though you are nearly sorted, when will you book on?......hopefully before the BMW arrives!! haha.
Had an email off Kate saying the kits in and I won't believe my eyes when I see it, can't wait...just want to start x

Do you know anymore about what's in the Kit? I've just booked onto CND Complete starting on 26 May and am ultra excited :p

No I don't unfortunately, just that there's loads and you get given as you need it!! Don't know if you will be salon based or mobile, but have you seen the shellac racks on sweet squared? Take a look. And if you need books, again, look on sweet squared. Other sites can barely match them, if they can at all. Good luck on course, mine starts soon after yours xx

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I have been trying to convince my daughter to do the CND complete course rather than the NVQ 3 at her college. I will be saving this for her to read through later. I'm even willing to put the money up for her and drive her there if she hasn't passed her driving test by then. X :)

Wow Shelley can you be my mum too?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I have been trying to convince my daughter to do the CND complete course rather than the NVQ 3 at her college. I will be saving this for her to read through later. I'm even willing to put the money up for her and drive her there if she hasn't passed her driving test by then. X :)
Best Mum ever!!! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back