How do Bio sculpture techs go about charging for soak off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi , Ive had a lady phone tonight , she seems interested in becoming a regular , now I am Bio trained but tbh Ive got no Bio regulars just acrylic.

Now shes askd me for prices I explained the french overlays will need a soak off on the next visit after an infill .Normally I charge £10 for a soak off, would you still charge this amount or do you charge less as their having a new set straight after?..she seemed a little shocked when I said Id charge this on top of the new overlays.

hiyah
I normally charge £10 for soak off for bio but what i do is offer half price soak off if having another overlay or enhancements.

hth
Sue x x

Mmm ok thanks that is what I was thinking of doing if this is going to seem too much , can I just ask when you do french do you soak off after the infill or rebalance or does each individual client differ?

I charge for £15 for removal with mini-manicure, £10 for removal only (no new set) at clients request, however for my regulars, who usually soak off & have a new set every other time, my 'new set' price covers the soak off charge as well.

Hi
We charge £12 for soak off, £32 for colour overlays & £35 for french, so what we have done is if someone has a soak off and re-application we charge £40.

HTH

I charge £10 to soak off gels which i have not applied but do not charge to soak off my own work. I do not charge soak off for my regulars or semi-regulars as, in my opinion, it encourages them to come more often.

HTH's Louise x

I seem to remeber when I done my training they said not to charge for soak off if they are having an overlay as well. But charge if they are just coming in for a soak off. I think some ppl would end up just picking at their nails and removing themselves if there was a charge to take them off just to reapply.

x

Ok Geeks thanx for your replies ,defently dont think I will be charging £10 now for removal if there having overlays after.

If she is going to have another set from you then the initial charge should be £10-15 then £5 every time she has a full set of overlays with you.

I charge £5 for a soak-off whether they are having another set or not. I have found that most clients are quite surprised that I only charge £5 so I don't think many clients would be expecting this to be free from my experience.:)

I offer a complimentary soak after a clients first application to show them that Bio does not damage their nails as I don't want them picking them off and then saying Bio had caused the damage!! When they see how easy it is most of them have bought a soak off kit (that I put together in a nice Bio bag) and they do it at home before they come back for their next application. If they would rather come to me then I charge £5. :)

Can i just ask...is it usual to have bio soaked off regularly?

The reason im asking is that i have had 3 clients with bio on saying that the tech soaks it off every other visit, is this common practice.

Ive never heard of sets being soaked off so often, i rebalance and rebalance for months & months is this just a bio thing?

Thanks in advance for any help x

I soak off and replace everytime as thats what bio says, I don't charge for the soak off if its being replaced, but it adds on roughly an hour of my time which I'm not getting paid for and drives me mad, as I could be doing a new set in that hour. i think I may start doing infills for a couple of sets and then soak off on the third or fourth, or if they are going to go lighter then soak off then. I may also charge extra for french, as I find that takes me slightly longer than colour.

Arhh thats interesting...why dont they advise re-balance? It doesnt appear to be very long lasting (just my opinion based on clients through my door)!

Is there anything i should know in regards of soak off or is it the same as any other?

Thanks Geeks x

I rebalance two or three times then remove and start again, usually only because they get a bit thick and to much filing tears the gel.

We don't use bio, but another soak off gel

We charge £20 for french or colour and then £10 for the soak off

So if they come for soak off and reapply, it would be £30. Just to apply is £20.

You literally paint this type of gel on like nail polish. A revarnish is £6.50 and yes I know it takes longer than a revarnish but it only takes about 30 mins to do if there is no soaking off.

It's the soaking off that takes the time which is why we charge for it.

Gina x

Arhh thats interesting...why dont they advise re-balance? It doesnt appear to be very long lasting (just my opinion based on clients through my door)!

Is there anything i should know in regards of soak off or is it the same as any other?

Thanks Geeks x

when i trained in bio [not that long ago, but before lechat brought out their own soak off gel] they taught you how to infill the gel.

now they dont, i cant help wondering if its to sell extra gel :confused:

when i trained in bio [not that long ago, but before lechat brought out their own soak off gel] they taught you how to infill the gel.

now they dont, i cant help wondering if its to sell extra gel :confused:

Do you know, it does sound a little sussed. For the first time ever I didn't soak off, it was my mum so it was an experiment, but she had on a french, I just filed it down and put a colour over the top. It was much quicker than soaking off, so next time I am not going to, I'm just going to infil! I do need to do an infil on a colour to see how that works, but I should imagine if I'm doing an infil from a lighter to a darker colour it should be just as easy.

When I did my training we were told to soak off every other time unless the client required a lighter colour. I agree with Jacs, being a soak off gel it will go tear if filed too much. I charge £10 for a soak off, but not for a regular customer.
Sue

Latest posts

Back