How does everyone advertise their websites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello All,

I wanted to find out how everyone advertises their websites?

I have my website address on my price lists & business cards but don't think I am benefiting from the use of it.

Having spent ages on building the website, and having good feedback, I wanted to push for my existing / potential clients to go onto it, look at what I offer, and see my prices etc.

Hoe does everyone else do this?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Carly x

Get your self listed on lots of the free sites hun and you can add your web addy to them thats what i do hun

what free websites are there? and is there any 'hidden catches' to these free sites?

Can you suggest any of them?

I was thinking of how people get to know about the name of the website that will make them go on it? Google does pick it up, but that is when you type in the whole business name so they may as well have just written that in on the web address line.

Carly x

gumtree
freeindex
goggle maps
yell.com
thomson local
brownbook

these are but a few do a search as there are loads of threads with other sites

They are free some offer you an upgrade for x amount but most off them a basic listing is free:)

Can you suggest any of them?

I was thinking of how people get to know about the name of the website that will make them go on it? Google does pick it up, but that is when you type in the whole business name so they may as well have just written that in on the web address line.

Carly x

Yer i see what you mean potential clients will not know your business name but by getting your name on these free listing sites get you name out there so when potential clients are looking for a nail tech/salon in there area you come up in the searches and the more sites you list on the higher up on a the search engine you are HTH

just google beauty directory and work your way through the 199000. Those which want money off you can be ditched!

gumtree
freeindex
goggle maps
yell.com
thomson local
brownbook

these are but a few do a search as there are loads of threads with other sites

They are free some offer you an upgrade for x amount but most off them a basic listing is free:)

Thanks, thats geat info :hug:

just google beauty directory and work your way through the 199000. Those which want money off you can be ditched!

I cant stress how worth while it is it takes time but it brings potential clients in:green:

The good news is that Google is already picking up your website! The Beauty Bar was Cached by Google on the 30th December 2008. Cache is when Google last looked at your site. Some sites are not 'Cached' for long periods of time.

To check your website, go onto your home page and right click on your mouse. You should see an option saying 'page info'. Then you will see an option of 'cached snapshot of page'. This should give you details of when the website was last 'cached' or visited by the search engine.

I have done lots of work and research into website optimization as I was in a similar situation with a website I started around 3 years ago (that was not a Beauty therapy related site).

I am now in a similar situation to you, as I have just created a new website concentrating on my Bridal beauty therapy and make up service. It is great having a website but people have to find it!

Apart from listing with on-line directories, it is also worthwhile creating a links page and having reciprocal links with other businesses (preferably in a related industry). Those with a high search engine ranking may work better. It is very time consuming contacting people, but generally it works to boost your rankings. You can pay companies to do this on your behalf as well - but I am sure they are very expensive.

Key words are also important to gain a high search engine ranking and 'metatags' are also important. The metatag I think :-/ is related to your key words - like a key slogan for your business.

It is also worthwhile submitting your site to the search engines manually - you can use a site like Search Engine Submission Optimization Free Website Promotion Internet Marketing - AddMe.com

A good book that gives information on this topic is 'Search Engine optimization for Dummies' . It really helped me.

If anyone fancies swapping links, feel free to PM me as I am happy to trade links!

Apologies for the lengthy reply!!

cloppie, I've tried right clicking my mouse on my home page and page info does not come up.

Great info cloppie. Have just done the add me thing. Hopefully my new website will start getting a few more hits and some more calls.

cloppie, I've tried right clicking my mouse on my home page and page info does not come up.

me too, it doesn't work for me either:confused:

great thread btw:hug:

Hi again,

Try the following:

1) Go into www.google.co.uk

2) in the google box enter:

cache:www.salongeek.com (or the name of your website)

This should bring up the same result.

Hope this works!

Hi again,

Try the following:

1) Go into www.google.co.uk

2) in the google box enter:

cache:www.salongeek.com (or the name of your website)

This should bring up the same result.

Hope this works!

yes that worked thanks. it showed that both of my sites were cached on 28th December. so does that mean that google recognises them and that they will show up higher in the ratings?

thanks for taking the time to do that for us numpties! lol!

yep thanks Cloppie :hug: thats fantastic.

Many thanks for your responses. I will have a look to see what I can do about listing myself onto the free directories, and hopefully I get some joy from this.

Does anyone else put their website address on business cards, price lists etc, or do you advertise it another way?

Carly x

Many thanks for your responses. I will have a look to see what I can do about listing myself onto the free directories, and hopefully I get some joy from this.

Does anyone else put their website address on business cards, price lists etc, or do you advertise it another way?

Carly x

My website addy is everywhere hun on business cards,price lists, brouchures ect it doesnt hurt to have it on everything you can x

My website addy is everywhere hun on business cards,price lists, brouchures ect it doesnt hurt to have it on everything you can x

Including your signature in here Michelle lol :smack:

To everyone else, before you go trying to attract the search engines AND visitors to your sites, make sure that its going to be worth their while doing so.

For your human visitors:

1. Make sure your pictures are up to scratch, ie, good quality and properly resized for fast loading on the web. Bad pics are an instant turn-off for visitors and worse, they may show you as being a bad technician. Using pics which haven't been optimized for file size may make your visitors page load slowly and you run the real risk of losing your visitors before they even get a chance to check you out.

2. Make sure your text is worded correctly, check for, and rectify any spelling mistakes.

3. Make sure that your navigation is clear and well laid out....and make sure that it works!! If a menu item points to page 8, make sure that there is a page 8, you would be surprised how many sites fall down on this point.

For the search engines:

1. Make sure that each page on your site contains some good textual content appropriate to that particular page. If the page is about facials, make sure that there is text on the page relating to facial treatments, if possible, name the page accordingly, i.e. 'facial-treatments-mytown.html' Dont ignore the Title of the page which is set out in the code, its probably THE most important coding thing you can do, simple to do but yet has a huge benefit. (naming the page and changing the Title is not always an option if you use a freely hosted site)

2. Name your pictures properly and use 'alt text' for clickable thumbnails. If you have a gallery of thumbnails which open up to larger manicure pics, name them in a beneficial way 'nail-manicure-pic-1' or 'brisa-stilletto-nails-pic' or something similar. This lets the search engines know what is actually on the page, this is very very important when using a gallery as the search engines cannot see pictures and so need your assistance, dont fail them. :)

3. Set up a links page with other similar sites and get some reciprocal links going between you. Be aware though that links are ONLY beneficial when swapped with other sites that are search engine friendly in design. Linking with sites that use frames will NOT benefit you at all but will use up some of your linking power.

I've written some threads about this stuff some time back which will explain all this in detail, maybe they're still around in here somewhere?

Welcome back Seanny & Happy New Year to you and Jackie!

I know you are a busy guy and we do miss you but it is good to know you do keep tabs on us xxx:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back