How far do you go with a Bikini Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering how much hair you would remove for a normal bikini wax?

The last time I done waxing was at college and we would go a wee bit in past the pant line.

I went for a wax the other day, i'm 39 weeks pregnant so couldn't see what was going on down there. It was a different salon than I normally go to and I normally get a brazillian, but as i'm so pregnant i wasn't sure if i could cope so long getting it done so i went for the normal bikini

I got home and nothing has been taken from the top and she's just gone to the pant line so its not even neat. I'm going to have to get my wax pot out and neaten it up somehow

I don't know if i'm just being fussy because I'm that used to having a lot removed

I wasnt taught to take from the top with my normal bikini line
I go just past the pant line

For a basic bikini, I would remove all the pubic hair that grows outside of a normal pair of bikini knickers and about 1" inside the legline. I'd also remove the hair from outside the knickerline at the top of the leg. I wouldn't remove anything from the top of the pubic triangle as that would be my next wax up on the list (the high leg bikini). xxx

I always ask my client if they want anything off the top edge...I wasn't taught to at college, but I know how I prefer mine, and always like to give people the option! I would say about half do, and half don't. Sending you out with an untidy bikini line isn't on though, what about giving them a call and telling them you're unhappy?
XX

I go in as far as the client wants me to.... up to the crease where the labia starts. Once I have started waxing the labia, the price increases and turns into a brazillian.

My standard bikini is everything outwith a normal bikini and i also offer them the choice of something off the top too.

xxx

maybe she was a bit nervous because you are pregnant? Might not have been as easy to get you to help her stretch the skin? Good luck with your baby!x

We were taught to just go slightly inside the knicker line and nothing off the top unless the client requests it. I always ask as I know I'd want a good wax if I was paying for it.

Can you still manage to wax yourself at 39 weeks? I'm 26 weeks and now lost sight of what's going on 'down there', I wouldn't feel confident to do it myself!

hi nic

i think i'd manage the sides. i have quite a small bump but i'd leave the top. could probably do that but i'd have to position mirrors carefully so going to leave that. done my toes last night, took me a while but i just took my time.

my friend had a baby a couple of weeks ago and she struggled to even touch her toes so i must be quite lucky

im not to sure if the therapist was nervous. id said to her i was going to get a brazillian and that didn't seem to be a problem to her but because i'm running to the toilet every 15 mins i thought best get the bikini

A standard bikini wax would remove all the hair from around the panty line and about an inch in.

I find most ladies book in for a bikini wax, but are actually wanting a high bikini wax, so my prices start from a high bikini, then G-String wax, then Brazilian.

Latest posts

Back