How many clients actually ask for infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
How many clients actually ask for infills?
I mostly do people on a monthly basis or for special occasions. I asked my sister who has had her nails professionally done for the past 10 years and she said normally its just easier to get them all off after about 3 weeks and start afresh as there is nearly always tiny signs of an infill if you look closely - not massive, but just not as good as a new set.
She also said that in her opinion, most of the nail techs who have done her nails over the years, the lifting is so bad after 2 -3 weeks that there would be no point infilling them, as half the nail would have to be filled away, so she just used to have a new set done.
Is this normal? my nails last 2 -3 weeks, but I do find most people dont ask for infills?

All my returning clients have infils, very few have lifting, my clients range from 2 weekly appointments some 3 & a few go 4 weeks x

I think the secret to fills is booking them right when you are done the appointment. When I was doing nails, all my clients booked at the time of their appointment for their next set. This keeps them thinking you are busy, and guarantees them an appointment without you jumping through hoops to fit them in at the last moment. A busy tech is a much more in demand tech. Not sure how that works, but it really does. Just offer to book their next appointment. I always say something like.... 'would you like to book your next appointment to guarantee that I will have a spot just for you?'. Most of my clients will pre book. They did with nails, and now even more so with lashes.

I do plenty of infills, my customers are all really pleased with how long their nails last. I'm constantly fighting the battle to educate my clients as they always ask "how often should you have a new set?" and its difficult to get them used to the fact that there's no need to have a new set, you can infill forever and a day unless for some reason your personal preference is to have a new set every now and again. I must admit I do like a new set from time to time as I prefer the look of tips to my own nails.

i presume that you are talking about buff off gels or L+P then yes clients would have infills...if done correctly there should be little lifting.

all my clients now have soak off gel or shellac so yes they have them soaked off each time, purely as most want to change the colour every time xx hth

i just carry out a full rebalance. if im infilling another techs (or mine sometimes) and there is significant lifting, i just file the acrylic right back til its wafer thin and apply new coat of acrylic. i say that 40% of my clients like that was as they look as perfect as a new set and also it alot less cost to them too xx

I've only ever had 2 clients in the last year that have booked in for a full set and haven't wanted Infills - the others have had at least 2 or 3 fills, then removal and have decided to stop having them done... and some of my ladies are still having Infills and rebalances from last October!

They usually book for their next infill at their appointment or I have a couple that have the same time and day very couple of weeks. There shouldn't be much lifting at all.

xxx

I would say, unless its a one-off set for a special occasion or holiday, all my clients book for infills

The vast majority return with all nails intact, minimal lifting, and infilling is a simple job which returns the nails to looking brand new and sets them up for another 2/3 weeks.

If lifting is a huge problem I would say try and perfect your application technique to the point where you don't have a problem, maybe a little more training, have a look at the tutorials on here, read Gigi's book Nail Class ... and the infill line should never be visible . . . . or nobody would want infills. x

I'd say 80% of my business is doing rebalances, I always book my clients b4 they leave. They get new sets every 6-12months.

thanks for ur replies. I am going to try and source a 1 -2-1 . Does CND do a 1-2-1 or do you have to have trained with them? Infills were not something that were vastly covered in my course, and with me not doing so many I need to improve my confidence and technique.

My ladies all come back for infills most come every 2 week but I have some that come 3 and 4 (I'm jealous lol)
I do have one lady that likes them removed Everytime and then have fresh on again every 2 week x

We find that infills are essential to teach as a lot of people still ask our students for infills. The rebalance procedure too!

thanks for ur replies. I am going to try and source a 1 -2-1 . Does CND do a 1-2-1 or do you have to have trained with them? Infills were not something that were vastly covered in my course, and with me not doing so many I need to improve my confidence and technique.

If you are trained with CND and are using their products then doing some further training on rebalances or indeed a 1-2-1 would be beneficial to you and build your confidence.
If not then I doubt you could book it, and in any event it would not really help as you need to be shown how YOUR products work and how best to infill them, and prevent any lifting in the first place to make Infills/rebalances easier.

As has already been said Infills/rebalances should be 80-90% of a nail business, so it is essential to be able to do them well.

Latest posts

Back