How often do YOU change your nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huerta3

Eagar Beaver Geek
Reaction score
My last question got me thinking and since I am not a premium geek I can't create a poll so I just have to ask.

On average, how often do you change your nails? ( This includes appearance and actually changing the whole enhancement)

i like to change mine every 2-3 weeks - they actually need doing now as ive only got 4 left on, been doing some heavy stuff. any geeks want to do my nails - PLEASE, i get fed up of doing my own

Do you mean removing the entire set and re-applying from scratch?

if thats what you mean, I don't lol.

I had only taken mine off recently because I was moving and knew I was attending a class in the midst of it, and needed to have a hand free of product.

But I have gone from long and oval, to short and squarish, and back to oval again without removing a set- I just rebalanced them- filed the product very thin and re-applied how I felt like. That could include filing them very short, or fitting forms and building the length back out.

:) Otherwise I rebalance in general about every 2-3 weeks, closer to the 3 week mark, as I dont usually require more maintainence when I am not working in a salon full time- then its once a week to keep them looking nice for advertising ;) I file on them like crazy in the shop- can't seem to avoid that pitfall lol.

Its been nice to be on sabbatical and not have anything ruin my own nails for a change... ;)

Same as G - every 2 or 3 weeks...... I never rebalance, I remove and replace... I hate filing my own nails, it makes my hand ache! So I try to soak off but sometimes my urge to pick gets them off first :o .

I'm re-doing mine at the end of the week, I want to do a black french but hubby's not keen.....!!

Sometimes I replace and sometimes I rebalance, it depend on my mood.

Normally change them every 3 weeks.

Teri x:)

Every 2-3 wks i soak them off and start all fresh, i find if i file them all down to rebalance them i end up with bruised nails for a few days as im so heavy handed when i file my own, i would get bored if i didnt change the design each time

I usually change mine every 3-4 weeks....because i file into them when doing clients nails so they look a mess, and also cos i get bored so like to have something different! I hate doing them myself though, i find it really tiresome!:confused:

Usually 3 weeks for me too.

I change mine every 2-3 weeks normally do 1 re balance then off with the old and on with the new, I find it harder to file my wrong hand than to the white again !!

mine are NNO's so i just file down and do something different every 2 weeks..sometimes i get the urge to chop all my nails off cos i fancy a nice clear free edge (tip/sculpt) to do some arty things on...but dont. xx

I change the whole thing every two months or so... it depends actually. If i have someting that took me reeeeeeally long to do then i feel sad removing it in only a month, but i do my infills every 3 weeks.

Hi

I do my maintenance every 2-3 weeks and I like to have nail art and maybe a few different paints in that time.

If I am dead busy doing nails though, I will have them Natural so I dont have to keep repainting them.

If my nails have too much lifting, say if I catch one, I will soak it off and start again, much easier than trying to file away lifting on my wrong hand!

xx

Same as G - every 2 or 3 weeks...... I never rebalance, I remove and replace... I hate filing my own nails, it makes my hand ache! So I try to soak off but sometimes my urge to pick gets them off first :o .

I'm re-doing mine at the end of the week, I want to do a black french but hubby's not keen.....!!

compromise do black n silver haha:green:

I do mine every 3 - 4 weeks. Usually rebalance & change then, only ever soak off about 3 or 4 times a year!
I had 'Rhinestone Cowboy' glitter tips last moth, this month i have a very pretty red glitter on the tips that i found in a six pack of different colours for £1.99 in a stationery shop in town!!!!
These are a clients I did last week with the same red on as I have, and a client with Nail Graphix Viva la Diva on my website....they are both NNO
Nails at Home

Hope the link works as i've never linked my web addy onto a thread before apart from the signature at the bottom!

Hiya,
is that the glittery nails above the red ? .. they are all gorgeous .. that one especially.
Erica xx

a client with Nail Graphix Viva la Diva on my website....

Hiya,
is that the glittery nails above the red ? .. they are all gorgeous .. that one especially.
Erica xx

The red is not a nail graphix (sorry Fiona!), the Viva la Diva is the gold.
xx

hiya :)
Thats the one i meant, the one above the red .. it is gorgeous. I have been and got my nails done today \o/ .. am gonna buy a pot of the gold (if its sold to non techs) to take with me when i get my nails done for christmas
Erica xx

The red is not a nail graphix (sorry Fiona!), the Viva la Diva is the gold.
xx

Roughly every 2 weeks for me too - not because of problems with them, normally because I keep changing my mind what I want on!

Black french I want to do that to with the black being glittery! I'm just about finshed my training so I changed mine every two weeks lol full removal as I need the practice.
xx

i usually change mine every 2-3 weeks or so, usually do a rebalance, then when i have enough time i will put on a new set. I usually file my index finger nail more or less off so that needs replacing more often. Dont know how to hold clients hand so i dont catch skin and nail, use finger wrap but still catch,
Any ideas?????

Latest posts

Back