How often do you drink alcohol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh sure...this thread comes up the day after my 24th wedding anniversary..:D

oh sure...this thread comes up the day after my 24th wedding anniversary..:D

LOL :hug:
I hope you had a good one then ? Happy WOW 24th Anniversary JDs CONGRATULATIONS (ps sorry for going off thread):hug:

I am excercising my right to remain silent!!!! Lol:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So no comment! :eek::eek:

I am excercising my right to remain silent!!!! Lol:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So no comment! :eek::eek:

And I am excerising my rights to this darn hangover..:irked:

Thanks Minky.

Hi,
I used to drink half a bottle most nights on an empty stomach,i found i enjoyed my food more,i have started to cut down to probably two bottles over the weekend,as some mornings i was getting in the car to work,and i just felt i shouldnt be driving.I dont know why i drink it as i say my food goes down better with it,but then i tend to go for seconds or the biscuit barrel after,and then i feel totally stuffed,and end up falling asleep for three hours and then wake up feeling grotty,i enjoy it when it goes down n makes me feel all tingly and chilled but i hate the stuffed ,grotty feeling after!

I can't believe I missed this thread!

All I'm saying is, Sambuca on a Sunday is not conducive to a good start to the week! :eek:

Pass the aspirin.......

More often than i should :o

I have a few glasses of wine most nights.

I come from a family with alcoholics in the family tree.
I'm, ummmmmmmm, biased on the subject, and hyper sensitive.
At present the only alcohol in my house is at my manicure table and in the medecine chest.
I do sometimes purchase wine or other to serve guests for dinner, but most times, forget and end up sending hubby to the store at the last minute.

I personally feel that having alcohol on a daily basis = alcoholism.
I personally feel that if one can't attend a function/outing without imbibing, they are an alcoholic.
I'm not saying don't ever drink. Only that if you can't go a day or more without it.....
I don't feel that one has to be 'drunk' to be an alcoholic BUT that if you 'must' have that drink and are ornery or whatever without it..... something is wrong.
BUT that is simply my OPINION.

My last drink was at a wedding ummmm when was it? June I believe? (for the bride that wanted purple skulls on her nails) I had 2 beers and drank coke the rest of the time and we are now September.

Here's a site that answers some questions: Drug Addiction - What is Alcoholism?

I realize I'm in the minority, and TRULY mean no offense. Just thought I'd share my own views and experience on the subject as the question was asked.

PS: I forgot about the ice-cube trays in the freezer with "left over" wine in them from a visit, that I use for cooking. LOL

PSS:

ALTHOUGH
I have been thinking that perhaps I SHOULD have at least one drink a week with the express purpose of relaxing (as suggested to me by a friend) since I almost NEVER relax and have stress coming out of my ears.

I suffer a great deal of migraines due to stress...and fatigue.

So, am thinking it's time that Victoria "loosened up a bit"

LOL

(so no, Im not a total stick in the mud haha)

I come from a family with alcoholics in the family tree.
I'm, ummmmmmmm, biased on the subject, and hyper sensitive.
At present the only alcohol in my house is at my manicure table and in the medecine chest.
I do sometimes purchase wine or other to serve guests for dinner, but most times, forget and end up sending hubby to the store at the last minute.

I personally feel that having alcohol on a daily basis = alcoholism.
I personally feel that if one can't attend a function/outing without imbibing, they are an alcoholic.
I'm not saying don't ever drink. Only that if you can't go a day or more without it.....
I don't feel that one has to be 'drunk' to be an alcoholic BUT that if you 'must' have that drink and are ornery or whatever without it..... something is wrong.
BUT that is simply my OPINION.

My last drink was at a wedding ummmm when was it? June I believe? (for the bride that wanted purple skulls on her nails) I had 2 beers and drank coke the rest of the time and we are now September.

Here's a site that answers some questions: Drug Addiction - What is Alcoholism?

I realize I'm in the minority, and TRULY mean no offense. Just thought I'd share my own views and experience on the subject as the question was asked.

PS: I forgot about the ice-cube trays in the freezer with "left over" wine in them from a visit, that I use for cooking. LOL

I totally understand where you're coming from (my mum died of alcoholic liver disease:cry:) but I disagree that a glass of wine, a beer or a gin and tonic a day makes one an alcoholic. If this is the case then everyone I know has a drink problem!

No offence taken at all hun.:hug: Everyone's experiences and opinions are different. Perhaps if I laid off the wine for a while my jeans wouldn't feel so tight!:lol:

I became concerned my intake on a Friday night out would be classed as binge drinking so I merely increased intake through the week to make it look normal:lol::lol::lol:

:cry:Sadly I don't like wine... or beer.... or any other type of alcohol... or tea...
or milk... or juice.... or pop... need I say more?

To me drinks should be without flavour - water. I don't like anything else!

I would love to have a relaxing glass of wine a night but the torture of drinking it does me in - have never had more than a sip. I can't imagine why people like the taste!?!

A glass or two every so often when the kids are home and in bed.. never been drunk around the girls.. THEN...
The minute they leave for their fortnightly weekend visit with their dad i write myself off!!

the thursday before i crave a drink.. i wait.. they leave.. i pop whatever im drinking, spruce myself up.. and get drunk.. then i wake up and swear NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

I know i use it as a coping mechanism.. I hate when they go off for the weekend.. i dont hear ao have any contact from them for 2 NIGHTS AND 3 WHOLE DAYS!!

Of late i have been doing other things like movies and relaxing.. but i am the type who loves a good binge drink.. but im also the type who realises that a bottle of tequila a roof and a pool = silly move.. and if i continued on the way i was going 3 days was nothing compared to what i would have lost!

(Although.. it was fun..)

I like a good house party.. music.. booze and fun.. but im not 16 anymore!

A glass or two every so often when the kids are home and in bed.. never been drunk around the girls.. THEN...
The minute they leave for their fortnightly weekend visit with their dad i write myself off!!

the thursday before i crave a drink.. i wait.. they leave.. i pop whatever im drinking, spruce myself up.. and get drunk.. then i wake up and swear NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

I know i use it as a coping mechanism.. I hate when they go off for the weekend.. i dont hear ao have any contact from them for 2 NIGHTS AND 3 WHOLE DAYS!!

Of late i have been doing other things like movies and relaxing.. but i am the type who loves a good binge drink.. but im also the type who realises that a bottle of tequila a roof and a pool = silly move.. and if i continued on the way i was going 3 days was nothing compared to what i would have lost!

(Although.. it was fun..)

I like a good house party.. music.. booze and fun.. but im not 16 anymore!
Loving the honesty there Miss Chels.. I am a Tequila fairy..

Loving the honesty there Miss Chels.. I am a Tequila fairy..

Tequila, soda and a slice of lemon..Best drink on earth.. some salt on the rim goes down a treat... I like to think i am rehydrating while i am dehydrating.. keeping my salt levels up and having one serve of fruit! :green::green:

(ack who am i kidding.. tastes fab and i dont suffer a killer hangover from it. mixing drinks and pre mixed drinks are killers.. Im sure most of the hangover comes from coke (mixes).. smoke.. etc)

I became concerned my intake on a Friday night out would be classed as binge drinking so I merely increased intake through the week to make it look normal:lol::lol::lol:

Now that is what I call sensible:lol::lol::lol:

I enjoy a drink (Tia Maria and coke...or Disaronno Amaretto) when i am on a night out....so thats about once every few months.

I always liked the idea of relaxing of an evening with a glass of wine...but i never seem to find one i really like...and end up not drinking it.

I don't think a glass of wine in the evening is too much....first thing in the morning and yeah I'd say you had a problem...:lol: x

I always liked the idea of relaxing of an evening with a glass of wine...but i never seem to find one i really like...and end up not drinking it.

You can't beat a lovely cold Chablis! Tesco's are doing a promotion at the moment, cos it's usually quite expensive.

Oh dear, look at the wine bargain expert!:o

I'm going for a lunchtime drinkie today! I apologise in advance for any typos this afternoon!

Latest posts

Back