How to do Acrylic nails according to the you tube experts (Newly added video)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she SAYS shes a licenced manicurist with 600 hours training.

You know what sweetie? She probably is.

This is the kind of stuff I was taught in Beauty School. Can you see now why I get on my soapbox about going to manufacturers classes?

Looks like the girl never saw the need to learn something new. What a bummer.

This is the kind of stuff I was taught in Beauty School. Can you see now why I get on my soapbox about going to manufacturers classes?

That's a nice way of putting it Heather. You know as I listen to her, I can think of only one thing... Ainsly Hayze off West Wing... I was such a fan of that and she sounds JUST like her!! :idea:

Have a look at her little finger of the hand that's holding the brush when she does the nail art daisy....it's right at the end when she does the 3rd 'leaf'.
Loadsa lifting! I find that hard to believe as she's got to of done her own nails & she must think she's good if she's got the brass neck to put on this show!

The nail art paint is so thick it's really 3D and will chip as soon as!!

I think Judy has posted a link to the nail art video in one of her posts.

I take it you've enjoyed the show this evening Judy pmsl:lol:

Oh my good god! So many things I need to say about this! so little time! Oh my good god!

P.S Gonna lift much lol!

That's a nice way of putting it Heather. You know as I listen to her, I can think of only one thing... Ainsly Hayze off West Wing... I was such a fan of that and she sounds JUST like her!! :idea:

I try very hard to be diplomatic lol.

I don't even get mad when I see things done incorrectly anymore. I feel mostly that they just don't KNOW any better! And when they do, they will be as suprised as the rest of us that DO. :) Although I admit that sometimes I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. :green:

And yeah, she does sound like her, too funny. Now I really can't watch it and focus lol!

Heather's right... in the States you have to get your State Licence and once you have it you can visit the local distributors who carry everything... CND, OPI, EZ, NSI etc... all under one roof... it's the tek who decides what she uses.

As we are all product distributors here in the UK and under contacts, you'll normally only find a distributor selling one product. Hence you go to NSI UK to get NSI, S2 for CND, Lena White for OPI etc....

I haven't watched it yet... I fear for my sanity after what I have just read!! :eek:

In fact you don't need any nail training at all - hair, skin, nails.... it's all housed in the same stores - so if you have something to prove training in any one, you've access to ALL the products. :eek::eek::eek:

In fact you don't need any nail training at all - hair, skin, nails.... it's all housed in the same stores - so if you have something to prove training in any one, you've access to ALL the products. :eek::eek::eek:
Not in professional wholesale supply houses. In order to purchase hair chemicals like color and perm solution, you must have a license to do HAIR. In order to purchase nail supplies, you must have a manicuring license OR a full cosmetology license.

Places like Sally's Beauty Supply carrying professional products are doing so illegally, and if pro supply houses sell a nail tech hair chemical product, that is also illegal. It can vary from state to state, but overall it's a big fat no no. :)

Had to laugh at the other videos in their collection, Downhill Skiing lessons, How to play blues guitar and how to make chicken noodle soup and fancy chocolate raisins :lol::lol::lol:

well now that was interesting! I think maybe someone got a camera for Christmas!

I agree....when I was in nail school there was LOADS of stuff that we just were not taught, we were not taught about smile lines...when I first came to the site, I had no idea what a smile line was.

That's why I thank God that I found you guys and now before I go back to a nail school I have THE CORRECT knowledge under my belt and maybe I will be able to show others the way, but hopefully this school I will be attending will have come a little further in their education and will be able to educate us students better!

Well I couldn't post all this without telling her directly what I thought....:)
Nice to see comments by other geeks too but I suppose they'll get deleted.

Well I couldn't post all this without telling her directly what I thought....:)
Nice to see comments by other geeks too but I suppose they'll get deleted.

I totally tired, but then I couldn't remember user name as samantha sweet was taken; so I had to re log in and then... well never mind; suffice to say... I can now comment but haven't had the chance to do so! :eek:.. boy do I need a glass of wine... :eek: and now The Palace is on and it's brilliant - gotta go watch xxx

Bless you beautiful geeks, your comments have made me laugh and I really needed to laugh.:lol:
I loved her comment, when she was adding the white, when she said it can be a bit tricky to start with, but you soon get the hang of it, and then proved that she hasn't.
and then the bit where she talked about pushing the cuticle back AFTER she applied that brick. Oh and the bit about short little moves when sanding, I mean filing:lol:
Well, I can't wait for the next one:smack:

I think someone with a camera should do a video in RESPONSE to these videos and show people THE CORRECT WAY! I made a comment too, my user name is SexxieYo.

I think there is no better way to show someone that they are doing it the wrong way then to show someone doing it THE RIGHT WAY!!

I wish I had a camera!

Not in professional wholesale supply houses. In order to purchase hair chemicals like color and perm solution, you must have a license to do HAIR. In order to purchase nail supplies, you must have a manicuring license OR a full cosmetology license.

Places like Sally's Beauty Supply carrying professional products are doing so illegally, and if pro supply houses sell a nail tech hair chemical product, that is also illegal. It can vary from state to state, but overall it's a big fat no no. :)

Maybe it's different in Canada? My card for my professional store (not Sally's) does not indicate whether I am trained in nails, hair or skin. Unless the clerk specifically asks my training, I can buy anything on the shelves. I know a hair professional who regularly purchases professional nail products in more than one of their stores, no questions asked.

Where's Carl when I really need his lovely sarcasm??

I'm gobsmacked, I want to comment in youtube, but due to the fact my username links back to my videos, I don't want it to be seen as professional jealousy.

I did flag the video as "dangerous".

This is truly worthy of some kind of corporal punishment.

I think someone with a camera should do a video in RESPONSE to these videos and show people THE CORRECT WAY! I made a comment too, my user name is SexxieYo.

I think there is no better way to show someone that they are doing it the wrong way then to show someone doing it THE RIGHT WAY!!

I wish I had a camera!

I'm gobsmacked, I want to comment in youtube, but due to the fact my username links back to my videos, I don't want it to be seen as professional jealousy.

I did flag the video as "dangerous".

This is truly worthy of some kind of corporal punishment.
I don't think that there would be any harm in that...let her/them think what they want, just as long as people see the correct way, and you are just the one to do it Carl!!!

I don't think that there would be any harm in that...let her/them think what they want, just as long as people see the correct way, and you are just the one to do it Carl!!!

I have added a comment, but not as nailzoo, guess which one ?

I have added a comment, but not as nailzoo, guess which one ?
Ahhh, Nail police...so does that mean you will arrest her and make her build her own cell out of the bricks she calls an overlay??

Latest posts

Back