How to do Acrylic nails according to the you tube experts (Newly added video)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!!! i cant believe they let that rubbish onto the tube now all the wannabe nail tech's will be havin a go........:green:

omg i,m shocked but lets say when we have all worked for that big holiday in california we can all bypass that salon not even my first set of l&p were that bad but hey we all learn but to better standards than that!!! And for as long as i do nails i shall have to watch that video to remember that training is everything and learning something new everyday will help me become a better tech.

ooooooooo..dear...what was that!....that was terrible i think she needs to go bck to 'Nail School'....the thickness around zone 3 , i bet that lifted straight away and talk bout over exposure poor plastic finger....i thought she was going to start painting her hand ..i agree creative should remove this from youtube..and offer her professional training...:)

I'm doing a NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
(So no false nails) but even I can tell she doesn't have a clue & the nail painting! - OMG! We are told you should do no more than 4 strokes with the varnish brush she done about 100!

She can't even do the basic stuff - why on earth is this woman trying to teach other people to do stuff badly like her?

Honestly some people are just plain scarey!

Carlac

:smack:Hooooooohoooohoooohooooo... sorry i think my sides are gonna split..... that can only have been done for a joke surley.... its the funniest thing i have seen in ages and i just love how smug she is at her work... could dine out on this one for months..... but really i have never in all my years as a proffessional or tutor seen anything quite like THAT........ thanks for sharing.. H x

even my 11 year old son had a laugh, perhaps she originally was trained in an auto repair shop?:green:

She certainly likes monomer, add more monomer and pat round the sides of the nail
But if you listen within about the first 20 seconds when telling you about the products she says 'It's very toxic so you need a glass container with a lid'.
WTF??? - If I heard that I wouldn't be letting anyone with monomer near my hand because I'd be worried it'd make my fingers fall off.

perfect set of nails ! my college teacher :irked:couldn't of done it better:!:

I love 1999judy’s reply to the nail painting, very well put. I’m new to this but even I knew that colour goes on in thin coats without the rework, but even if it is too thin, you let it dry first, and then apply a second coat (maybe a third), the centre started quite well… (strange the things you pick up, may have been reading “The Complete Nail Technician 2nd Ed Marian Newman endorsed by habia and c&g). I like “And the buffer is a little bit smoother. It’s not quite as coarse as the files.”!! Still practicing on myself, concentrating on l&p (will be going for courses soon), but it has not taken me that long to get far better zone 3, and I tend to do 1,2,3 with the apex in zone2, not 3,2 combined, 1 touch-up, 2 infill…. Quite good at sculpting too now, but still go to my lovely nail technician for the majority of my nails. Everything has already been said, and I have noted that there are separate hygiene / prep videos, but the melting bead (not), use of more than the flags, and monomer all over the finger! The tip application didn’t seem as bad, but no comments on modifications to the contact area (though this one did seem to be white, so possibly already chosen for correct smile line [and width])?

omg!! watch some of the other related vids hilarious!! especially theone on how to polish!! my clients will love my new found skills lol!

hi everyone im new just wanna say hi from down under:green:

I actually feel quite sorry for her more than anything...i had a quick look at a few of her vids...personally i would say that she has been trained but unfortunately not very well and she obviously is non the wiser to the fact that her work and her knowledge are 'not quite right' (to say the least!)

I think it would be a whole lot more constructive and kind if those of you taking the p*** were to perhaps tell her your concerns kindly and constructively....and offer some advice and guidance perhaps?

A lot of people have left comments on her videos on you tube and quite frankly i think its a bit disgraceful how one person feels the need to be so vulgar towards another person...I genuinely feel sorry for her tbh....how many of you were proud of a set of enhancements you have done when recently starting out for example....but looking back now...are more horrified than proud!? I'm sure there are a few..

and what if you had posted them on here or somewhere feeling proud...wanting to show people your work...only to hear how rubbish it is....you guys sure know how to ridicule and humilate!

I actually feel quite sorry for her more than anything...i had a quick look at a few of her vids...personally i would say that she has been trained but unfortunately not very well and she obviously is non the wiser to the fact that her work and her knowledge are 'not quite right' (to say the least!)

I think it would be a whole lot more constructive and kind if those of you taking the p*** were to perhaps tell her your concerns kindly and constructively....and offer some advice and guidance perhaps?

A lot of people have left comments on her videos on you tube and quite frankly i think its a bit disgraceful how one person feels the need to be so vulgar towards another person...I genuinely feel sorry for her tbh....how many of you were proud of a set of enhancements you have done when recently starting out for example....but looking back now...are more horrified than proud!? I'm sure there are a few..

and what if you had posted them on here or somewhere feeling proud...wanting to show people your work...only to hear how rubbish it is....you guys sure know how to ridicule and humilate!

You've got to be kidding us??
She is basically trying to teach people how to do things the WRONG way and teaching? people bad examples.
Do you think I paid thousands of ££££ in training to listen to that crap?
If I put a video on utube that was so diabolical I would expect this amount of backlash..maybe more.
She got PAID to put these vids on there as teaching aids so NO I certainly DO NOT feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for anyone who take her "advice" though.

You've got to be kidding us??
She is basically trying to teach people how to do things the WRONG way and teaching? people bad examples.
Do you think I paid thousands of ££££ in training to listen to that crap?
If I put a video on utube that was so diabolical I would expect this amount of backlash..maybe more.
She got PAID to put these vids on there as teaching aids so NO I certainly DO NOT feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for anyone who take her "advice" though.

my point is that...(I realise i may be wrong) but I get the impression she BELIEVES she's doing it right

my point is that...(I realise i may be wrong) but I get the impression she BELIEVES she's doing it right

After a few vodkas I believe I can sing like Kylie but I wouldn't put a video TEACHING someone to do it on youtube....see what I mean?

Are you serious?!

Even if she was doing a fantastic job and was the best in the industry surely you can see that its wrong to be 'teaching' un-trained people how to apply nail enhancements?
One of the biggest problems affecting my business is 'argos' techs that take everything they see as a given?

I know there are video's on youtube from people like nailzoo that are put there to be used by trained people, he doesn't use any words that make the viewer think he is teaching the basics. This woman is obviously trying to show people 'how to do acrylic nails'

Are you serious?!

Even if she was doing a fantastic job and was the best in the industry surely you can see that its wrong to be 'teaching' un-trained people how to apply nail enhancements?
One of the biggest problems affecting my business is 'argos' techs that take everything they see as a given?

I know there are video's on youtube from people like nailzoo that are put there to be used by trained people, he doesn't use any words that make the viewer think he is teaching the basics. This woman is obviously trying to show people 'how to do acrylic nails'

Yes I understand that she shouldnt be teaching the un-trained BUT she has obviously only received rubbish training herself...she is the result of a bad company...so its no wonder she thinks its ok to make videos like that is it really:irked:

and can i just add that i was taught certain things at college and our tutor would talk about certain things that looking back now i think...some of it was wrong!
For example..i dont know if its changed now (altho it wasnt that long ago) part of the nvq assessment criteria was to cut all the way along the eponychium...(or cuticle as she called it)...since i have learned that this shouldnt be done at all! Most of us trust that our tutor 'knows' unfortunately thats not always the case is it.

and can i just add that i was taught certain things at college and our tutor would talk about certain things that looking back now i think...some of it was wrong!
For example..i dont know if its changed now (altho it wasnt that long ago) part of the nvq assessment criteria was to cut all the way along the eponychium...(or cuticle as she called it)...since i have learned that this shouldnt be done at all! Most of us trust that our tutor 'knows' unfortunately thats not always the case is it.

There's a lot of problems with NVQ and VTCT training that hopefully will be changed as time goes on. Hopefully Habia may sort some of these issues out but it won't happen overnight.
I just read your profile and understand you will soon be doing some Creative training so good luck with it and ignore these videos on youtube.
The training you do with any reputable company will teach you how to do things properly.

Oh my god she says not too thick n that cuticle area bead was like man mountain!!!!

Latest posts

Back