How to get lots of phone calls & bookings......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For every client that comes in do you 'friend request' them after a treatment I don't friend request clients but sometimes they request me & I accept. I don't have many clients on my personal page or tell them to look at your salon /business group? I find the 'friend requesting' thing really personal and think Id have to know somebody reasonably well to invite them in my personal space. Coz you can get somebody to like your group without being your friend right? Yes, you can but then your facebook friends see everything on your wall, business or whatever and you get more exposure? I'm not sure :confused:

Your fb friends only see your business page posts if they are a liker of your page. I sometimes duplicate posts so if they aren't a liker, they still get the low down & yes, it's more exposure.

I've got a facebook page and I notice you have one for you and one for the business how do I get a business one on there.. great idea by the way.

I can't remember how I set my page up, but if you log out of fb so it brings up their homepage, you will see a bit at the bottom on the right hand side that says 'create a page'. Click on that & follow instructions :)

Yep thanks Blue Rose, think I'm up and running.....:lol:

Blue Rose hats off to you that is such a fab idea!

I am just wondering how do you get to target so many people. I have only just set up my facebook page and have about 15 people on it that are my friends anyway :irked:

How can I get more people to like the page? Then run a competition, this sounds like something that could really boost my business at the moment!

Agree what a wonderdful idea :)

Having just moved, just getting ready to submit my coursework and i feel confident enough to take paying customers as soon as my insurance is up and running.

I have, however, not used FB before :( Do I need to just have a personal page or a business type one?

You facebook page is great Sarah, think is nice and quite light-hearted, I mean not too sales, which I think would annoy people. Competetions are great and I could see i would incourage more interest and exposure for your salon. Well done. xxx

A quick question - can you see all your 'likers'? On my page, you can't seem to click next and you only see the last handful of likers.

Wow Blue Rose your idea is amazing. I started a new page last night just before midnight. Previously was a group with FOUR members only! My family is bigger than that. Lol.
So I offered a free Audrey Hepburn sweep lash fitting for all likers in the next week. 14th to 21st.
I now have EIGHTEEN likers! And four of them have made contact for the free fitting. One of them talking of using it as try out for long term!
Now that's what I call smart marketing Sarah! I am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!
Love your page. It's a great community feel to it.
I have a second thread to my business and it has a page. Am going to Blue Rose that too over the weekend. Ha ha ha

Linda
And here is my new page.
Great Hair & Lash Extensions | Facebook

Ha ha ha ha. While I was typing out my previous post it became NINETEEN. And I don't know 5 of these people. That's the really great thing.

Linda

Most of my likers are people swapping fb pages on this site and some friends that are not local though....I understand what you are saying i don't really understand how to get local people to come to your page and add it so that they can receive offers??? I can't really get to grips with facebook to be fair but sooooooooooooooooo many people seem to think its great for their business - we must be doing something wrong or not doing it at all! i don't know :(

Blue rose, Your face book pages are fab I have followed you on face book for sometime. The ideas you have are great and you are an inspiration. I am Mobile so freebies would not be cost effective for me but I have to say I am inspired . Hates off to you.
Loving your new smellies range.

xx

Most of my likers are people swapping fb pages on this site and some friends that are not local though....I understand what you are saying i don't really understand how to get local people to come to your page and add it so that they can receive offers??? I can't really get to grips with facebook to be fair but sooooooooooooooooo many people seem to think its great for their business - we must be doing something wrong or not doing it at all! i don't know :(

A lot depends on how long you've had your page up & running. To be fair, I've had mine for nearly a year & it was slow going at 1st. Most of my initial fans were people I knew & then I just gradually got new fans. I think it took me 2 months to get to 100 fans.

Then about Feb/March time I started the competitions & got another 200 in a couple of weeks. Once you get a high number it just kinda snowballs, but like business generally it can be a slow start to get the numbers. But work at it on a regular basis & you will get new fans.

I also find that when I do competitions I get more fans. Case in point, since Thursday, I've got an extra 40 fans (admittedly some of those are fellow geeks, lol!). If I don't do any giveaways for a couple of weeks, my fan numbers don't change much.

:green:Can you remember how you got your 'daily offers tab up as i've tried everything and it isn't happening!! FB gets the better of me most of the time anywhere-i've got 3 pages instead of a daily offers tab!! blonde or what??!!

Hi Sarah

I love your idea of the competition and your extra tab that shows your daily offers on your fb site. I would love to copy your idea for our hair and beauty salon. I have looked and looked on fb to find out how I do the extra tab but it is so confusing. Can you offer any help please and I sincerely hope you do not take offence at me trying to your idea. I just think it is an excellent way to communicate on a daily basis.

Warm wishes
Debbie :irked:

I have to say, Sarah is one of the lovliest people I have the pleasure of knowing and I don't think she would have posted here if she minded people doing the same thing as her.

Just try to make sure you maybe do things a little different and are not in Felixstowe ;)

Sarah. xx

hi if you already have a fb page for your salon under your profile pic there is an edit page link browse through this there are several options to choose from.

:green:Can you remember how you got your 'daily offers tab up as i've tried everything and it isn't happening!! FB gets the better of me most of the time anywhere-i've got 3 pages instead of a daily offers tab!! blonde or what??!!

I have absolutely no idea, lol. My then bf did it all for me...

I have to say, Sarah is one of the lovliest people I have the pleasure of knowing and I don't think she would have posted here if she minded people doing the same thing as her.

Just try to make sure you maybe do things a little different and are not in Felixstowe ;)

Sarah. xx

Aww, thank you Sarah *blushes*.

As Sarah says I don't mind fellow geeks using similar tactics & while this particular phone in session was my own idea, some of my other comp ideas have been adapted from other business profiles so I don't have the monopoly on them.

The key word here is 'adapted', not copied word for word. And yeah, if you live in Felixstowe (or indeed Ipswich) then no, I wouldn't be too chuffed you copying the idea of the phone in :p

Phew, luckily I live miles from you, am mobile, and only offer spray tanning so I hope you don't mind I've just posted a little competition on my Facebook page SunSpray Mobile Tanning | Facebook

Your page is fantastic, well done for being so clever and thank you for sharing.

xx

Phew, luckily I live miles from you, am mobile, and only offer spray tanning so I hope you don't mind I've just posted a little competition on my Facebook page SunSpray Mobile Tanning | Facebook

Your page is fantastic, well done for being so clever and thank you for sharing.

xx

Hehe, I'm a fan of your page & the comp post has just come through...

And now it's thirty one! Well almost all of mine are local. If you offer a freebie as a temptation then they're going to be local aren't they? Have you tried it? You have to make the offer on your personal fb page to all your own fb friends. Do you ask your clients to add themselves to your business page too?
Then when you post the offer in your status ...and my offer was 'like' my page this week and you get a free lash fitting....you ask your friends to share it with all of their friends. And Bob's your Uncle.
Anyway I offered a Audrey Hepburn sweep...15 lashes per eye...only taking 45 mins ( I am slow :)) and already one girl I've never heard of has asked how much for a full fitting. So I offered to swap her free sweep for a half price full fitting. That's money in my pocket right away and a new client.
Four of my thirty one have requested a freebie and I'll check how many others want them as time goes by. It's in my interest to get them booked in as that's the only way to find out if they will stay with me....

Linda

Latest posts

Back