I gave it up to get to the EVENT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamperedbeauty

Reaction score
Just curious to see what other geeks have gone without or sacrificed in order to get to the event. I am sure that The Event is going to be absolutely amazing, and I cannot wait to meet all the amazing people behind CND and of course the smokin' hot Shellac!

So what would you, or have you given up to get to this amazing show?

My wedding! :eek:

We agreed to postpone our wedding so we had more money in general, meaning i could attend the event, purchase some new stock and attend further training. I know it will be worth it in the long run though!

You havent mentioned yourself? (or have i missed it!? If so apologies!)
:hug:

I have offset some very important bills...and more importantly I have given up Donuts(which I am absolutely addicted to)!!! xx

For me that would be ... peace, quiet, sunshine, beautiful spring weather, the expense of putting my dogs into kennels, my peace of mind, I'm sure I can think of more ... but I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Unfortunately I won't be joining you all for the Event. For my 30th in January my husband took me to a lovely little cottage in Loch Lomond and he got me a REALLY nice purse. If I decided to come to the Event I would have had to have given some of that up.

for me as i was lucky enough to win the guild competition ticket its got to be all good. im giving up being woken up at 6am by my little girl getting into my bed and asking for nemo for not 1 but 2 WHOLE DAYS!!! Im giving up disney movies for 2 whole days, and im soooo grateful for winning because for me this is like a holiday and i cannot wait to be myself with adults for a whole weekend, i love my baby girl but wooohoooo!!!

Well .. I am not so much giving something up as postponing for a long time lol
I was saving for a new car, that I pretty much reeealllyyy need Mine is falling to bits.
It had took me quite a while to save the £300 I had, And I just had to pay for the event instead... I couldn't NOT go, it will so be worth every penny for my business,
And the petrifying train journey lol

I'm supposed to be away for the bank holiday weekend from friday to monday with very close friends and was thinking of backing out to attend The Event. Not sure if I could get tickets now and not sure if my husband and son would ever speak to me again!!

Well having to put Bugs into kennels, and the expense there and also the flights, and my income (from karaoke for that Saturday!) In comparrison to what I am getting out of it, fabulous training, SHELLAC, the chance to meet some of the industry legends, like, Doug Schoon, Marian Newman, Gigi Rouse, all of you Geeks and of course the chance to do some nail shopping, seems to me to be a fabulous trade off:biggrin: (not sure Bugs would agree):biggrin:

Why does it mean giving anything up....financially speaking anyway? Isn't this a legitimate business expense...and won't it pay for itself in the long (or maybe even short) run? That certainly my reason for going!

On a personal level.....I'm going when I'm supposed to be off work recovering from surgery, but there isn't it a cat in hells chance thats stopping me going although it may limit my ability to party all night - so go easy on me!)

Yes, the Event is a training weekend, a legitimate business expense and an investment for your career, but if you don't have the money, you don't have the money. As much as you want to go and know how good it will be and how much you will benefit from it. No money, no go.

If you have to give something up, or in my case didn't, that's just the way it is.

Only my view, though.

Why does it mean giving anything up....financially speaking anyway? Isn't this a legitimate business expense...and won't it pay for itself in the long (or maybe even short) run? That certainly my reason for going!

On a personal level.....I'm going when I'm supposed to be off work recovering from surgery, but there isn't it a cat in hells chance thats stopping me going although it may limit my ability to party all night - so go easy on me!)
It doesn't HAVE to mean giving up anything and yes it is a business Expense but some of us aren't making THAT much money yet, and have had to give up something in order to get the ticket, book the hotel, get up there, have our kids, pets, house taken care of. It is a bit of a to-do!! Just wanted to see if anyone out there was in the same boat as me!...Not taking Anything away from the Event because it is going to majorly AWESOME!!!! Just curious...:)

my BF sold his star wars collection to buy my ticket and I will be selling my book collection for the hotel !

The Event is my Christmas present, Valentines present and Mothers Day present all rolled into one!!

My hubby will be away, so my parents are making the 500 mile round trip up to my house for the weekend to look after my children, dog, cats and rabbits...........so they too are giving their weekend up so that I can go....and putting their own dogs in kennels.

I may also be giving up the opportunity to welcome my hubby home and see and speak to him for the 1st time in 3 months, as he may or may not arrive home from sea while I am away!!

look forward to meeting everyone!! the last one was brill!! worth every penny!!

I gave up a family holiday so i could go but im saving up my change in the hope i can get away in october and spend some quality time with hubby...that is unless i cash it all in for a spending sesh at the
event :lol:

I'm not giving up much, but if my other half wasn't in Iraq at the mo I don't think I'd be able to pay for the ticket, travle or hotel.... :eek::eek:
but hay he went to the jungle to eat bugs for a month for training.... I get to go up north,& meet lovely people .... All is fair in love and war right? Lol x

Latest posts

Back