I Have My Salon Keys And Here Are The Manky Photos!bewarned...they're Manky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rose143 said:
Are we all getting an invitation to your open day my love? :wink2:

xxxx

Oh definately.I really want you all to come.Will be lovely to meet you all and will make me look popular too which will be good plus tips and advice would be great too.

I have just got in and my back,neck and shoulder are aching.we have done all the painting and just have some cleaning and touching up to do_Once the floor is down the fun can start with putting my desk together,shelfs up,posters and certificates up.

My colours are-reception/nail area aqua with white trimmimg
-spray tanning room "daffodil yellow"(hint of yellow)
-wash room/toilet "gentle lavendar"
-backroom white
-hallway standard council magnolia.

Aqua is the colour used on the front of my treatment menu/price list and will be used as the backing colour for my shop sign.

When i'm trying to described what i visualise the words i'm using are
-tranquil
-spa
-soothing
-swanky
-chrome and beech

hey it will be gorgeous when its done :D its amazing what a lick of paint can do to a place , it sounds like its gonna be fab , get some more photos taken along the way , and then we can follow the work in progress :D can you put photos in your journal thingy ????

hun, haven't read all the replies but if i was down in Kent i'd be round to help out with me rubba gloves. all the best in your venture and future xx.

I've put the date in my diary and I'm coming to your opening, your place doesn't look that bad, the one I've been looking at is a lot worse but I see past the mess (havd my bedroom to thank) which can always be blinding too.

What your doing to it sounds fab and I can't wait till you post the pics of it compleated.

i cant wait to see the photos and come down on the opening day!

:cool: sounds gorgeous..lucky you!!

Hi Louise, You will be amazed at how quickly your new place will start to come together!

Get some rolls of brown paper and block the window, this will also block out the sunbed crowd and also cause a little excitment around town, so when you are ready to open - it is the first time people will have seen it!

Good luck and take loads of photos!

With best wishes
Cathyx

following from Cuticles post, my hairdresser closed for refurbishment and she did the same. Covered the entire windows with paper and wrote i large letters

WATCH THIS SPACE

iT CERTAINLY RECEIVED LOTS OF ATTENTION AS PEOPLE WENT PAST

scattyfox said:
It doesnt look manky at all Louise nothing a bit of elbow grease wont fix, whitewash the windows while your doing it and a big sign in the window saying nails coming soon, then she cant see whats going on and be amazed and jaw drop down to te ground in shock.

best of luck hun

I was going to say that lot:D
Please tell me you are going to do air brush nail art and spray tanning:lol:
ok I admit it I'm an evil cow and I'm NEVER gonna get to heaven.
go on you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best of luck hun and keep those pictures coming, whats the out side like?

oh louise flower pot - take a look at the attachments - now THEY ARE MANKY - you wil do wonders with your new premises. then stand back and say to yourself "i did that" and be proud of your achievment - good luck

Attachments

• derelict building.jpg
    derelict building.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 34
  • derelict building2.jpg
    derelict building2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 36
Lol!!!Ok now i feel better.The windows are all white washed with a nice sign.

Boyfriend took his dad up tonight and he reckons he can plumb in the new sink and do the flooring on the weekend.Some serious elbow grease needed first though.

Sign writer,boyfriends mate,is coming up wednesday night and he reckons the sign will be ready to go the weekend.Hooray!!!

Just furniture to buy,desks and chairs,and small things like picture frames and door handles.Its fun but i have never never been so stressed ,it is all i think about but my boyfriend has been wicked.I have clients tommorrow but my boyfriend is up there from 8am....on his day off!!!!bless!!The way he is going on you'd think it was his salon and i love him all the more for it.:hug:

Isnt it fantastic when our men show their true colours when we need them the most, and for once Im NOT being sarcastic!! He is very happy for you and it sounds like he is in this 100% with you which is wonderful!

It sounds very exciting and Im so jealous, my salon is nice too but its in a room in a rental house, which doesnt give me total freedom over how I want it to look.

Give us some more photos!!! xxx

I love the window, its going to give you great light and exposure. think it has a lot of potential. I wish you loads of luck in your new venture.
xxxx

Goodluck with everything! XX

Peter Pan said:
oh louise flower pot - take a look at the attachments - now THEY ARE MANKY - you wil do wonders with your new premises. then stand back and say to yourself "i did that" and be proud of your achievment - good luck

Good Luck in your new venture Louise it will be fab.

Hey Glynis what you doing with them pic's of my place lmao

wow how excited u must be i hope all goes well for you all the best and good luck:biggrin:

Your soooo Lucky that is my dream I work from home at the mo.
It doesnt look that bad actually I have seen far worse a bit of tlc and you will have it right in no time.

X

louisenewell said:
Oh definately.I really want you all to come.Will be lovely to meet you all and will make me look popular too which will be good plus tips and advice would be great too.

Does this included me too?:o

I would love to be there, but can't, too far away:cry: , so instead I will wish you good luck.:)
Can't wait to see what the salon looks like once it's finished.

Latest posts

Back