I need convincing - eyelash extensions training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have toyed with the thought of lash extension training for years now (I even bought a kit - tried it - didn't like it - sold it)

But I just love the look - and keep getting tempted to go back to it and train, but have so many reservations.

*The practice time I need to commit

* clients - unrealistic expectations - I cba with clients moaning about lash loss and me having to trail over to their house to re - do some

* Time to do a full set - thinking really its a lot of time and concentration so you have to charge accordingly.

This is not me being negative - its just the probs I see arising from them.

So what have you all done to counteract the probs or have you had no problems at all?

love to hear your experiences about when you first started out and probs you had to deal with.

thanks in advance

Paula
x

I have full time day job. When I trained in lashes I was at college 1 night a week. The biggest problem was time to practice. You had to find a time suitable for you and your models.

I absolutely love lashes but I love fiddly things.

I really don't see any of those as a problem. When I did my eyelash training - I had so much excitement about the technique that finding time to practice was not a problem - I would even book friends really late, like 10pm for full set after working all day from early morning.. If you have that passion then you will not have problem finding time to practice - you will sleep less, but practice instead :)
In over 3 years I have never had clients having unrealistic expectations from me...
Full set now takes me 1hr 30 mins and that is quite quick, I also like doing fiddly things so for me time flies and I get paid well too :) Good luck deciding :)

I am doing Hollywood lash training in a couple of weeks.
I am slightly worried because I had had a set put on and they were not good at all.
Some lashes were attached to up to 10 natural lashes and the glue was in little balls really uncomfortable, I ended up pulling them out cos couldn't budge them with oily removers or creams. They were goimng in all directions.
If I train I hope I am not going to NOT DO THEM LIKE THAT
Is the training poor, or is she not very good???
I am hopefully going to learn by those mistakes, I want to be good at it but is it really tricky???:eek:

Thanks for the replies so far - really appreciate it.

I guess my problem is I havee a 17 month old and he takes up most of my time - so practicing is going to take me for ever (but hey - I'm not going anywhere so whats the hurry).

And Priory, I'm usually in bed at 10pm so I am going to struggle lol.:)

Any other experiences are appreciated.

paula
xx

blink & go! its easy its quick the look is far better than the usual method and you can go for colour, natural, glam! they really are amazing!

Im not a fan of blink and go or express lashes i have seen too many bad jobs done by others that i have had to fix.

Semi permanent lashes are fab, they are my main treatment even though i offer many more treatments, to do a good job you need good training and good products to work with, i reccommend flirties, i am a trainer for them so i am a little biased.

It is also down to practice, you need lots of it and lots of patience when you first start too.

There are loads of other lash companies though so have a good search and if you have any questions feel free to message me.

I also think nothing looks better than a good set of semi permanent eyelashes.

Hi all,

I have toyed with the thought of lash extension training for years now (I even bought a kit - tried it - didn't like it - sold it)

But I just love the look - and keep getting tempted to go back to it and train, but have so many reservations.

*The practice time I need to commit

* clients - unrealistic expectations - I cba with clients moaning about lash loss and me having to trail over to their house to re - do some

* Time to do a full set - thinking really its a lot of time and concentration so you have to charge accordingly.

This is not me being negative - its just the probs I see arising from them.

So what have you all done to counteract the probs or have you had no problems at all?

love to hear your experiences about when you first started out and probs you had to deal with.

thanks in advance

Paula
x

Thanks for posting this you must have been inside my head as these are exactly the same reservations I have.

I have a busy business as well as a busy home life with 2 kids, 2 dogs and their social lives to accommodate, so worry about practice time as like you Pazzy i am a perfectionist and will not offer a treatment until I know I am really good lol.

Really looking forward to the answers xx

I think the seperating method and the express lash are so different, I prefere blink & go cos I love how quick they are and I personaly prefere the look of the blink & go as I think you can get a really full set even if the client doesn't have so many lashes or has gaps, and for me as I have had both I think they last much better, I do the blink & go so I obviously think there better, you should research both and see which one works best for you, xx good luck xx

if you are thinking about doing lashes, i would recommend you looking into Lash Perfect, their training is great and they dont send u out on your own until u feel completely confident. their customer service really is second to none, and there is always FRIENDLY people at the other end of the phone willing to help. the kit provides everything u could possibly need and a large variety of lashes unlike others i have heard about. i believe that they are the only company to provide organic glue. good luck with whatever u decide

I think the seperating method and the express lash are so different, I prefere blink & go cos I love how quick they are and I personaly prefere the look of the blink & go as I think you can get a really full set even if the client doesn't have so many lashes or has gaps, and for me as I have had both I think they last much better, I do the blink & go so I obviously think there better, you should research both and see which one works best for you, xx good luck xx

Sorry for this but just out of curiosity how do you apply lash extensions to gaps or make a full set if the client hasnt got so many lashes? Wouldnt you still need a natural lash to apply the extension to or are you using Y or cluster lashes instead?

I think they would use the 'lash on lash' technique. This will be heavy for the natural lash but they can only stay on for 2 weeks.
I did express lash training and have to say that i don't like it at all. Had mine applied with the open eye technique and my eyes were streaming the whole time!

Sorry for this but just out of curiosity how do you apply lash extensions to gaps or make a full set if the client hasnt got so many lashes? Wouldnt you still need a natural lash to apply the extension to or are you using Y or cluster lashes instead?

You do the cris cross method, and cross over the lashes, you basicly make a bed for the lashes to sit on, there not too heavy for the natural lash, everyones different and everyone does things differently, I love these lashes and I personanly prefere them, every client I've done loves them 2 xx

Is the 'blink n go' method different from the method taught by Nouveau for express lashes? Does anybody know?

angelina i was told its the same you just cant call them blink and go without buying into the concept! x

Well that's strange, cos i did my advanced training with Nouveau and wasn't shown how to do criss-crossing the lashes. Actually i didn't even see the bottom lashes applied which should have been covered. Think i'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say!

I just love doing lashes so much. I can now do a full set in an hr and half. I only do the individual lash extensions, lash on lash and find it relaxing actually doing the treatment.

To the OP, do the training, you wont look back. x

There are two techniques that Blink + Go Techs are shown in training; The first is the traditional method of lining all of the lashes up parallel to one another which is great if your client has great lashes and is only wanting an enhancement to what they have already. The second is the 'Criss-Cross' Method which you can use on clients with fair or sparce lashes to create the illusion of thicker, denser lashes.

Lashes have taken off in the same way that nails did years ago and will continue to grow I'm sure and it is a very lucrative treatment to offer!

Have you ever thought of doing the lash straightening instead if you find the extensions too time consuming?

Well that's strange, cos i did my advanced training with Nouveau and wasn't shown how to do criss-crossing the lashes. Actually i didn't even see the bottom lashes applied which should have been covered. Think i'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say!

I did the blink & go and it was a 2 day course, on the first day we did the cris cross, (how to fill gaps/sparse lashes) and the second day we did the usual blink & go tecneque and the bottom lashes, we also on the first day did some of the seperating the lashes, ( just to see the difference ) maybe the express training is different to the blink & go training, let us know what they say? X

Latest posts

Back