I need help for eyelash extensions...please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucie

Reaction score
I've recently trained on eyelash extensions and Im finding it hard, I can put them on ok but it takes me 4 hours! Im putting an extensions on pretty much every lash other wise I dont think they look 'full' can anyone give me some encouragement or tell meto give up now! My trainersaidto pick up 2/3 lashes and attach to each lash but wont they look weird or even be too heavy?

Please girlies, Im so confident in all my other treatments its horrible feeling like this and having to tell clients it can take 4 hours!

xxx :Scared: xxx

Try not to worry, we were all the same when we first started. You can pick up 2 lashes and apply to one lash, but make sure the lash is strong enought o hold it, otherwise the lash will fall slightly and look out if place with the others(plus it is more likely to fall out quicker if its not strong enough).
But like I say, with time and practice comes speed and efficiency, so you'll get there.
x

Keep practising, you should NOT give up. At first it is difficult and can take a lot of time, but as you do more and more clients you will improve rapidly. Keep going, you'll it will get better. I would not apply 2 - 3 eyelashes on one eyelash, I would only apply 1 eyelash on 1 natural eyelash, unless there is a gap and I want to fill it in by applying 2 eyelashes on 1 natural eyelash, but otherwise I would not do that! I'm sure you will feel much better after few more clients :) :hug:

ok thankyou ladies i just feel a bit poo and want my lashes to be as good as myother treatments!

Im using secret lashes, 8,10,12 and in .15 .20 and .25 in mainly a j curl,got some c curls but not confident to start different curls yet!!x

i agree with priory wuth regards to the 1 lash per lash thing, maybe mix some of your shorter length in with the longer lengths that makes them appear more full. but hey its just practice practice practice and looking on here gives you loads of tips, girls are really help full
i will make you laugh though i was actually pulling my own eyebrows out today, priming them and sticking a lash to them in order to check if i was putting enuf glue on them (i've been having flexi lash issues ha ha ha) and i was testing my new glue against my usual brand honestly the things we do eh, hahaha.
Good luck x

I have only just trained on Sunday. I'm grabbing anyone and everyone. Everything takes practice and my sets are going to be far from perfect for now, but each client is one more step closer to becoming perfect.
So chin up chick. It is tricky but with plenty of practice and positive thinking we will get there in the end xxx

Hi Lucy,
Its just practice, most people are slow at first.
Who did you train with? Perhaps you can call them for some tips?
Or failing that I can get one of my tutors to give you a call, even if its just to give you tips on creating a fuller look etc.. pm me if you wish a call. Louise x

I used to take ages as well - and still do but not so bad.
I found that I was getting exhausted doing lashes for 3 or 4 hrs, so decided to just do it in 2hr stints and get as many lashes on as I could in that time, if they wanted a fuller look then they could come back the next day for the same time.
I was told it is better to work for shorted periods of time, but more regularly as it is doing the lashes regularly that helps with the speed and application. Plus you aren't so exhausted so can do a better job.

Hope that makes sense, I went through the exact same thing very recently xxx

I found that I was getting exhausted doing lashes for 3 or 4 hrs, so decided to just do it in 2hr stints and get as many lashes on as I could in that time, if they wanted a fuller look then they could come back the next day for the same time.
I was told it is better to work for shorted periods of time, but more regularly as it is doing the lashes regularly that helps with the speed and application. Plus you aren't so exhausted so can do a better job.

found that I was getting exhausted
I'm glad you said that because I was thinking omg I am actually more tired after doing lashes than after doing a full body massage!
I guess it must be all of the concentrating? x

after a day of lashing im always very tired still. Its just the concentration i suppose. x

Hi there

I do lash training (as well as being a tech myself)....I would definitely NOT put two to three lashes on an individual lash, the weight of these on one lash would be too much, could damage the follicle and/or prematurely pull the lash out, cause the lashes to twist as they are too heavy....

You should be isolating the lashes so that you apply only to the mid growth cycle lashes as this will increase the longevity of your service.

C Curls are lovely...but should only be used on certain clients.

If you need any other help let me know xxx

Do you tape prepared lashes to your hand...this definitely cuts down application time!

It can seem to take forever to start, but with practise, you WILL get your time down. I remember the first few i did took hours and hours !

Relax, concentrate on your technique , the rest will come as you grow in confidence!

tigi

This is a great tip Jenx as its a good way of seeing how you are speeding up etc. Before you know it you will get to the 2 hours and be amazed how full your sets are getting. Keep going xx

Latest posts

Back