I Stopped Smoking Today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
:( Well i put my patch on this morning,im tyring to do my college homework on muscles etc and all i can think about fags fags and more fags.Im not a heavy smoker about 10per day ish but they are on my mind constantly.I know if i have one i will regret it,im on anitbiotics at the min cos i got a bad chest infection so i thought it mat be a good time to start.Anyway just wanted to share it with someone on here.Any advice wold be greatfull.I did do it a couples of years ago and didnt have a fag for 4 n half years but the stress of things caved me in so i started again:cry: .So day 1 nearly over thankgod lol xxx

:( Well i put my patch on this morning,im tyring to do my college homework on muscles etc and all i can think about fags fags and more fags.Im not a heavy smoker about 10per day ish but they are on my mind constantly.I know if i have one i will regret it,im on anitbiotics at the min cos i got a bad chest infection so i thought it mat be a good time to start.Anyway just wanted to share it with someone on here.Any advice wold be greatfull.I did do it a couples of years ago and didnt have a fag for 4 n half years but the stress of things caved me in so i started again:cry: .So day 1 nearly over thankgod lol xxx

Just keep going!!! Think of all the money you'll save and plan what you're going to spend it on - £2.50 a day is... £17.50 a week... is £70 a month... is £700 a year.... and lots of nail products to be bought with that... or clothes... or whatever floats your boat....

Well done... I would love to quit! :o

ahh well done chick i admire you!!

i have tried so many times to quit! no will power obviously.
good on ya keep it up you can do it xx:hug:

Your doing really well...the first day is a bit of a bitch but your coping honey:)
You want to make a chart for the wall and each day put a sticker....its like being back at school lol and it helps feel good about what your doing.

You can get intouch with your Doctor and he /she can offer other things like the inhalator also. If the added help is needed.

Do whatever you need to get you healthy.....you can do it:)

A frightenng thing is each day count up how many fags you 'would have' smoked. You will be surprized....

:hug:

Just tell yourself that you are choosing not to smoke today you could smoke but you dont want to. write a list of all the good things that will happen if you stop smoking and read it when you get the urge to smoke also try putting a straw in your mouth and sucking on it lol It worked for my mum.

Well done on nearing the end of the first day!

It almost 6 months since i had a fag and now the smell of them turn my stomach.

Do something to distract youre mind, take up a hobby that has you focused for hours, eat a peice of fruit or drink a glass of water when you would otherwise reach for a fag.

I gave up and still had a sleeve of 200 from when i went to barcelona in august, i knew if i could get through the first week while they sat looking at me on the table i would be able to do it and i have.

Good luck for the coming weeks, stay strong, you can do it!:hug:

Be strong the first 24 hours are the hardest.

Remember these drugs kill you they don't bring anthing good to your life.

Be strong and keep your concentration on your homework and give your self a pat on the back you've done it before and you can do it again.

keep going hun, i quit on boxing day and i feel sooo much better for it. I used to be on about 10 a day aswell, i used the niquitin chewing gums for the 1st week and they really helped. I love smelling nice now and not of an ashtray!!

It gets easier don't give in!!!!

Hi mate, what's with the sad face thingy in your heading, you should have a SMILING, HAPPY face because what you are doing is such a positive thing, not a bad thing.

Giving up smoking must be really hard, so you should be proud of yourself for every hour that goes by without one.

Take each day as it comes, good on you for having a go and good luck. xxx

Hey hun I gave up 6 weeks ago after smokin 15-20 a day. Its the hardest thing ive ever done but I feel so much better for it. I got really ill after new year, think it was working too bloody hard and not enough rest. Had the most awful cough and I vowed never to have one like that again, the fags were making it so much worse.

The best thing to do is take each day at a time, tell as many peeps as poss and join smokin cessation at pharmacy/doctors to help with smokin aids etc.

Good luck

Well done for your first day. Keep going, and remind yourself everytime you think of a fag of the hours you've already done without one.

Well done for taking the first step. I stopped two years ago and have never looked back. As for advice, patches and gum and the like never worked for me I read "Alan cars easy way to stop smoking" and that was my cure. If you are ok on the patches then stick to it. Good luck. You can do it.
Lisa
xxxx

I really want to thankyou all for all your lovely replys.Its 9.50 now so iv done about 24hrs,for god sake im counting the hours lol.My chest realy hurts when im coughing so im not going to give in i hope.Iv just had a bath and smell lovely n fresh.My hubby hasnt smoked now for 6 years so if he can keep it up i will have a go aswell.Whats these aids you can get help with at the dr's?.
thanks again for the replys keep em coming they making me feel great xxx

I am so proud with u!!! Show us the smokers what mean will power! I smoke 14 years, never tryied to cut it, but hope one day i will:hug:

Good on you hun, keep going. It's not easy, take my hat off to you hun :)

Well done you!!!

Some very helpful posts here for you. Dont try and think too far down the line....take one day at a time and say to yourself "I will not smoke today no matter what happens". Gear yourself up mentally to not fail for that one single day. If at the end of that day you've succeeded, it's most important that you congratulate yourself, you've reached your first milestone, EXCELLENT!

Now go get some well earned sleep, you've deserved it! We'll continue tomorrow with a slightly heavier purse, slightly healthier lungs, less smelly hair, nicer smelling house, fresher breath, cleaner teeth, safer environment for kids, less danger of fire in the home........ erm, I cant think of any other reasons to continue quitting at the moment, but I think you've enough to be getting on with.

Trust me, the list of reasons to start smoking again is VERY short indeed!

BE STRONG!

What great advice thankyou so much xxx Iv got my patch on so this is another day like you said.I smoked at the back door but the smell came n the house n i cant stand fag smell.My son has got asthma so it will benefit him aswell.I know i DIDNT {lol] smoke around him but its still in the air so im gona try my best.Thanks again for the replys xxxx i need to be strong xxx worried about my college training tho as i get very nervouse when exams come up as im not used to them {read profile to explain}.Anyway ill give it my best shot xxxx

Hi,

Well done !

I'm on day 26 today. The first two weeks were the hardest for me, but now I only get the odd craving and that is more to do with the behaviour of smoking rather than the nicotine.

It is tuff, but just stick with it. It really does get easier even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment :hug:

Good luck.

Marlise.

Good luck and well done for making the very difficult decision to quit smoking.

I gave up the dreaded weed 15 years ago, and I can honestly say that although it was stressful and I was a complete pain in the bum to live with, it was worth it!

Sugar-free chewing gum helped me loads btw.

keep up the good work chick.

your fab for doing this well done. xx

Latest posts

Back