I tell her don't touch your body - she then calls complaining of orange palms!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summerlove

Reaction score
Spray tanning can be very frustrating sometimes.

I sprayed a lady last night about 8ish and it was still very hot. After the tan I said literally where nothing! And don't rub your body (she was touching her arm etc while I was still there).

Today I get a text to say the inside of her legs are white and her palms are orange.

Clearly where she had been touching herself!!! Not so sure about the legs but I think probably where she slept and where it was so hot.

Does anyone else get these complaints? So annoying!!

Lol I have the worse client ever for this (my sister haha) I tell her everytime "dont touch your skin", I even sit beside her slapping her hands away from her body, she also (right after I tan her) sits on sofa with knees bent up under her then wonders why the next day she has white patches down the back of her legs, she is such a nightmare, told her next time I spray her I am going to spray the words " dont touch" on her chest to remind her lol

Ha ha, I think people do it just without realising, it's just so annoying when you get a text/call to say they are not completely happy when all I want to do is do great tans for everyone!!!

Maybe it would be better for these clients to offer them a rapid tan so they wash the guide off after a few hours as opposed to the 8-12 hrs of normal solutions x

i get clients who touch themselves when i'm still packing my tent away, i've given them their aftercare and explained about drying and not touching, yet i turn round and i'm like 'dont touch yourself or you'll end up with an uneven tan and orange hands' ..... 'i was seeing if it was dry' i explain it wont be *2minutes later* 'as i said before please dont sit on any light coloured furniture, it will come off your body and make you patchy and go onto the sofa and stain' ... 'oh is it still not dry yet?' *a few seconds later* 'no no no dont put your bra on, loose clothing, LOOSE!!!!' ..... 'what i cant wear a bra?!' *just before i am leaving* 'don;t rub your tan! it will come off and leave you with white patches!!' ... 'oh i splashed water on my arm and was blending it in' ARGGGHHHHHH christ the list goes on!

haha, we should maybe add a new line to the aftercare ........

Place hands flat against nearest wall and duct tape them down, remain like this for 8 hours or overnight if possible :biggrin:

Do u not use a barrier cream on their hands?

When you are doing the legs what way do u spray them? Do you have them in a position straight in front with legs open wide?

Just curious? Could be the position u have them and barrier is a must lol.

maybe she touched he face or somthing in her sleep i do it all the time, I advise my clients to before they go to wipe the palms of there hands with a wipe, then to put some moisturiser on there palms encase they touch there skin while sleeping!

Barrier cream and moisturiser def helps. I also made the mistake of when im spraying the back of the body, having the palms facing the spray, even though i obv dont directly spray them. Getting the clients to ensure the palms are facing away from the spray really helped

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I do always use barrier cream, but it obviously comes off over time. Its difficult to describe the way I spray their legs, but I know most people I do are fine and I have never had this complaint before so I have to out it down to something she did.

A good spray tan depends so much on ladies following their after care so when they don't it is very frustrating!!!

Once a client has left you there is nothing you can do, you have no control over them.

As long as you have warned them and given them after care advice that is all you can do.

If they ring you and tell you they have orange palms then just tell them that is what you meant! Tell them that maybe next time they should wear cotton gloves after a tan to stop them from doing that!

My son had a tan recently and woke up with his hand on his chest, even with barrier cream he had an orange palm and a handprint on his chest! :D

omg! this has just happened to me about 10 minutes ago....

Nightmare client

She came last night (new client) i sprayed her it looked perfect!
I told her all the rules -dont touch yourself etcetc her child was screaming and wanted picking up and i thought 'OH NO' so offered to carry him down the stairs as she was dry but thought couldnt be great with him clung to her wriggling around.

she gets home.... calls me says she has a mark where seat belt is and wants me to go round.....well no i cant and also shes not paid me to go mobile (i offer cheaper at home) so she asks if she can come back.

I start to worry (even though i dont think my fault...) and she walks in and i can not see a mark. she shows me the non-exsistant mark and i just buff it with a towel gently and spray her chest/arms again warning her be darker.

this morning get a message: my palms are orange and my hands, Argghhhhh!!!

I replied politely saying palms are orange due to touching as i dont spray them her hand maybe because of the respray?!! (that bit may be my fault)

Feel like saying heres your money back! Really makes you think why bother!!!!

x :cry:

I have a client who's feet stay white lol she said last time can you spray them closer & do a couple of coats because I'm wearing a pair of wedges at the weekend & want them really brown so I sprayed as she requested....

next morning I get a text saying her feet are really brown ? erm you asked for that lol!!

Some customers are just weird x x

if only we could put all our clients in a field or medium secure facility and take it in turns to watch over them.........life would be simpler!

Lol my daughter had a spray tan at our salon, we told her all the dos and don'ts as usual.... I'm driving her home & turn round to see her sitting with her hands clasped together!! yes you guessed it orange fingertips! I nearly crashed the car yelling when I saw her doing it, poor soul got the fright of her life haha x

The best one I've had is mid spray when the client put her hands on her hips just after I sprayed them. I always give a wipe to wipe palms afterwards but also use a 1hr tan so they don't have to stay in it too long so I don't tend to get complaints. BTW, I don't use barrier cream at all either so I think it's the rapid tan that makes the big difference with them not getting it everywhere.

I spray tanned a friend of my sisters. There was 3 of them and all wanted to go in the room together. anyways after I sprayed one girls boobs, guess what she put her hands on them, I told her not to and when she took them off she had big white hand prints and orange hands. Lol x

My daughter kept touching the plastic on the tent (imagine overspray) as i left her to dry off (palms the colour of carrots the next day!) and I always brush my teeth and end up with a white clown smile :(

I have a lady who occasionally would tell me her hands looked a little streaky sometimes. I was a bit confused as to why this was happening until one evening when I had just sprayed her she had to nip to the loo and came out shaking her hands. You've guessed it, she washes them! Still refuses not to do it though, won't even wipe her palms with wipe instead. I now just ask her if she needs the loo before I start just to ensure the tan is on for as long as possible :lol:

The worst I ever had was a group of girls all the tans looked great gave them aftercare etc. they were booked in for the following week when I got there one of the girls wasn't there, then one of the girls said oh hers didn't come out well at all but all ours were great. So I thought ok maybe didn't follow pre tan advice. Anyway whilst spraying one of the girls she said the girl in question went home that evening and had a quickie with her old man! I was like what the hell no wonder why it went wrong!!! But guaranteed she has gone around saying it was me who gave a bad tan.

Latest posts

Back