IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree the only company that have asked to see my certificates are S2 and Ellisons to buy CND products, I have brought products from Louella Belle and Nail Harmony and neither have asked for proof of qualifications.
I am also wondering if IBX can be used under Minx? I can't see why not as it goes into the nail but thought I would ask x

I registered with Louellabelle and they called to say my account was activated but no one asked me about my qualifications at all, so as someone has already said - looks like anyone can buy IBX :(.
Anyone can register on the Harmony Gelish Site too! SweetSquared are the only distributors that truly ask to see proof of qualifications and I respect them more so for doing it!x

I sent a copy of my certificate to Nail Harmony so your situation might have been an exception if you have registered with them without a certificate.

I was also questioned about my qualifications at Louelle Belle when I registered.

But I didn't have to send any certificates to Sweet Squared when I registered.

I guess that we all have different experiences with all companies.

TracyAnn - which Lidl did you get yours in? I'm pretty close to you but I'm having trouble tracking one down and they won't let you call the stores to check stock! Thanks Vikki xx

I have just bought one silvercrest infa red lamp ( there was one left) in the Farnham Lidl. I'm taking it back as it only points forward or up so no use if hands are resting on the table. Shame, it was a good price £ 7.99 & it gave off a good heat 100w bulb.

Last edited:
Perfect!! Thank you! Just ordered it £9 with free delivery! bargain!x

Well the lamp arrived and it's perfect. Quite compact and hits the nails on the table perfectly! Can't go wrong for £9! :)

I sent a copy of my certificate to Nail Harmony so your situation might have been an exception if you have registered with them without a certificate.

I was also questioned about my qualifications at Louelle Belle when I registered.

But I didn't have to send any certificates to Sweet Squared when I registered.

I guess that we all have different experiences with all companies.

Wow your the first I've heard off to register with S2 without showing certs. You slipped thru the net lol as they don't norm give you an account/log in details until seen them.

I reg with nail harmony and they didn't ask for any certs, I was asked by Louelle Belle tho.

Does anyone have any wording they use on fb to advertise?

I have an amazing picture but need some wording that sums it up in 1 but not too long.

Short, sharp and to the point that explains how incredible this product really is? Xxx

I'm not sure what's unprofessional about 5 minutes of drying the product? Hairdressers do it all the time. You apply a treatment and sit under a drier for the product to penetrate.
Is it a pain? A little, yeah. We just have to work this into our price.

I did an initial treatment on a new client and it did take a while. I used the treatment twice and it took me about 20 min extra. Thats a lot for only $10 upcharge.
PS. If this was discussed already, I'm sorry. I just discovered this thread and i'm on the 4th page ;)

Not sure about this one- just seems very unprofessional and time consuming. Not what I was expecting really. I don't think ill rush to order which is a shame as I too have clients who would really benefit from it :-(

I love your attitude and your passion, girl!

I know I know ;)
BTW I took my gels off last night and finally had a chance to apply IBX to myself and it is more, much more than I expected!
The discomfort you get from not having anything on your nails is immediately remedied and the damage from buffing them off is most all gone

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

The 5 minutes is only the first application, after that it is 3 minutes.

So for example I used it on a client today and I used Repair (1 min dry/heat) and then IBX (5 min heat/dry). You say that I have to apply it twice so on the second application I would do Repair (1 min dry/heat) AND then IBX (3 min dry/heat)?

Or do I apply only IBX 2x and not Repair?

So next week the client is coming back and I use Repair in a damaged areas (1 min dry/heat) and then IBX 3 minutes or 5 min?

Thank you for your help!

This is so interesting, genius idea!! I'm so excited!!!

I have just bought one silvercrest infa red lamp ( there was one left) in the Farnham Lidl. I'm taking it back as it only points forward or up so no use if hands are resting on the table. Shame, it was a good price £ 7.99 & it gave off a good heat 100w bulb.

I bought the same one, don't take it back, just remove the base and turn it around, this is what I did and it now points directly down at the correct angle 😊 x

You can, it just takes longer, you need to cure the recommended time that manufacturer suggest to cure gel color.

I have the large (full hand) OPI lamp and this lamp cures OPI GelColor in 30 seconds. There is also a 60 second cure setting on this lamp. Do I cure IBX for 30 or 60 sec.?

Thank you!!

So for example I used it on a client today and I used Repair (1 min dry/heat) and then IBX (5 min heat/dry). You say that I have to apply it twice so on the second application I would do Repair (1 min dry/heat) AND then IBX (3 min dry/heat)?

Or do I apply only IBX 2x and not Repair?

So next week the client is coming back and I use Repair in a damaged areas (1 min dry/heat) and then IBX 3 minutes or 5 min?

Thank you for your help!

This is so interesting, genius idea!! I'm so excited!!!

1st application is

Repair with 1 min heat
Ibx with 5 mins heat
Ibx with 3 mins heat

All subsequent treatments are

Repair with 1 min heat
Ibx with 3 mins heat

Xxx

Thank you Glamour Eyes!
I guess that's why it took me 20 min for the initial treatment!

PS. Here I am on a snowy Sunday reading 40 pages worth of information- on my only day off- wishing I was at the salon using IBX.
I'm crazy LOL

PS.2. I wish I could try IBX on my nails but because of the darn Solar Oil and Dadi' Oils my nails don't have a hint of dryness, splitting, nothing to fix LOL.
Vinylux lasts on my nails a solid week, full shine and all- by the time the week is over I'm looking forward to a change of color.

I'm totally in love with CND Vinylux and Shellac of course. Now, looks like IBX will be joining my holy grail product list :hug:

1st application is

Repair with 1 min heat
Ibx with 5 mins heat
Ibx with 3 mins heat

All subsequent treatments are

Repair with 1 min heat
Ibx with 3 mins heat

Xxx

I'm not sure what's unprofessional about 5 minutes of drying the product? Hairdressers do it all the time. You apply a treatment and sit under a drier for the product to penetrate.
Is it a pain? A little, yeah. We just have to work this into our price.

I did an initial treatment on a new client and it did take a while. I used the treatment twice and it took me about 20 min extra. Thats a lot for only $10 upcharge.
PS. If this was discussed already, I'm sorry. I just discovered this thread and i'm on the 4th page ;)

This was an old post. I still stand by what I said at the time which was that I feel using a hair dryer for a nail service in my opinion is unprofessional. Of course you expect a hair dryer when getting your hair done so that wouldn't be a problem! However I have ordered my product since finding a suitable heat source lamp which in my opinion is more professional. Plus allows my hands to be free and not stuck holding a dryer in mid air from my clients for minutes at a time!

Yes,you apologised and said you were on page 4 and that's fine. But might I suggest you continue to read the 40 odd pages of Info before quoting comments. A lot of the therapists were skeptic and have since changed their mind or found a solution to work with this product effectively for their business. I'm not being rude but I'm just saying it as I don't think the thread needs to be cluttered with old comments which are no longer relevant and obviously the thread has so much info as you get further in:) happy reading

I agree the only company that have asked to see my certificates are S2 and Ellisons to buy CND products, I have brought products from Louella Belle and Nail Harmony and neither have asked for proof of qualifications.
I am also wondering if IBX can be used under Minx? I can't see why not as it goes into the nail but thought I would ask x

Absolutely, you can use anything on top of the nail after applying IBX. With continued use, IBX smooths the surface of the nail and with Minx that should result in longer wear.

I'm really hoping it'll help a particular nail that I can't grow because it has a vertical split, is incredibly thin on one side and thick on the other as a result of a serious crush injury when I was 13. I've lost most of my ring finger as well so only have 3 goodish nails, if I could add another I would be so happy and a little less self conscious.

Come on IBX I need you!

Karaxxx

Let us know how it helps...fingers and toes crossed!

Does anyone have any wording they use on fb to advertise?

I have an amazing picture but need some wording that sums it up in 1 but not too long.

Short, sharp and to the point that explains how incredible this product really is? Xxx

I'm also struggling here.

I asked a client last night if she had read my FB post about it, and although she had - it still wasn't clear to her. Too vague. She went home IBX'd anyway after a bit more explanation!

I will be thinking abut this today and will share anything. Would be interested to hear what others have come up with :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392023712.754713.jpg
Look what just came in the post

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392023418.653988.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392023418.653988.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 211
Ive emailed all clients with the best info available explaining what it does & why it will help. Also pictures from Famous Names and said to call me for more info or to book in x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back