IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you want to use cuticle remover, we want to make sure that nail is totally clean and dry so that IBX can penetrate down into the layers.
Yes, you always want to use the Repair, Repair is what will help eliminate the white spots due to the removal process.

The only time you will put Repair over the entire nail is in conjunction with a Gel Polish Application.

So when would you use the cuticle away(remover)?

If not before IBX repair or IBX would you use it after applying both but before gel polish.

I get clients to quickly wash cuticle away off & dry well before applying the gel polish to make sure all traces of remover have gone.

So when would you use the cuticle away(remover)?

If not before IBX repair or IBX would you use it after applying both but before gel polish.

I get clients to quickly wash cuticle away off & dry well before applying the gel polish to make sure all traces of remover have gone.

You could go along with your prep as you always would, if you want to remove cuticle before, that is fin, just make sure all traces of the cuticle remover are rinsed and the nails are clean.

If there was excess cuticle on the nail plate would it stop it from penetrating? In this case would it be better to do cuticle removal first them apply?

I am a bit of a science geek when it comes to nails...
I have just been having a read up on some stuff written by Doug Schoon.
In relation to "Nail Breathing" and busting that myth,He said something which made me think about Ibx...

“Ten Top Myths Related to Artificial Nails”
by Doug Schoon

Myth 1: Nails Need to Breath.
• No, they don't! There is no reason to believe that nails need to "breathe". Nails aren't
alive and don't have lungs nor do they have any ability to absorb air into the nail plate.
This myth makes no sense on many levels! In short, nails do NOT require an external air
supply and do not breathe or exhale. 100% of the oxygen needed by the nail matrix to
create a new nail plate comes from the blood stream and 0% comes from the outside
world.
• Everything the nail plate needs to properly grow and function is delivered and/or removed
by the blood flow to the matrix area and nail bed. The matrix is where the nail plate is
created from nutrients which can ONLY be delivered by the blood stream. Neither "air" nor
"nutrients" can be absorbed or "fed" to the nail plate from any external source.

SO..i am wondering HOW it works from within and if it really does work??Does it somehow go into the blood stream then??seems unlikely??seeing as Doug states that nothing can externally "FEED" the nail plate.

It is here!! eek

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

How have you got it..i was told by louella belle 10th February and thats PRE LAUNCH...your in UK..Right...??

Louella Belle are doing a pre launch in 10 days, it can also be used under any type of nail treatment as it is pushed into the nail (via heat) rather than leaving a residue on the nail plate as a normal treatment would do.

Louella Belle are doing a pre launch in 10 days, it can also be used under any type of nail treatment as it is pushed into the nail (via heat) rather than leaving a residue on the nail plate as a normal treatment would do.

Yes i understand that ...BUT since Doug says nothing can externally feed the nail..just trying to get my head round how scientifically it works FROM WITHIN..but don't worry.Perhaps i am not explaining my question clear enough.
Also was wondering how the other poster HAS it in hand if its not due in UK for 10 days.

Yes i understand that ...BUT since Doug says nothing can externally feed the nail..just trying to get my head round how scientifically it works FROM WITHIN..but don't worry.Perhaps i am not explaining my question clear enough.
Also was wondering how the other poster HAS it in hand if its not due in UK for 10 days.

Poster lives in Canada

I am a bit of a science geek when it comes to nails...
I have just been having a read up on some stuff written by Doug Schoon.
In relation to "Nail Breathing" and busting that myth,He said something which made me think about Ibx...

“Ten Top Myths Related to Artificial Nails”
by Doug Schoon

Myth 1: Nails Need to Breath.
• No, they don't! There is no reason to believe that nails need to "breathe". Nails aren't
alive and don't have lungs nor do they have any ability to absorb air into the nail plate.
This myth makes no sense on many levels! In short, nails do NOT require an external air
supply and do not breathe or exhale. 100% of the oxygen needed by the nail matrix to
create a new nail plate comes from the blood stream and 0% comes from the outside
world.
• Everything the nail plate needs to properly grow and function is delivered and/or removed
by the blood flow to the matrix area and nail bed. The matrix is where the nail plate is
created from nutrients which can ONLY be delivered by the blood stream. Neither "air" nor
"nutrients" can be absorbed or "fed" to the nail plate from any external source.

SO..i am wondering HOW it works from within and if it really does work??Does it somehow go into the blood stream then??seems unlikely??seeing as Doug states that nothing can externally "FEED" the nail plate.

I'm not a scientist but I'm understanding the system is for strengthening and repairing the nail plate as a non-living thing if that makes sense?

It's not a "feeding" system.

I hope I've got that right :) x

IBX does not work by nourishing the nail growth at the matrix via the bloodstream. IBX helps to encourage fast natural nail growth because it re-enforces the nail plate layers instantly within the nail plate which stops nails from breaking and chipping and delaminating and wearing.

Eg. My nails grow like crazy and get real length when I wear only Shellac, so in that way you could say confidently, that wearing Shellac will really help your nails to grow. But if I remove and don't replace the Shellac, my natural nails do not last long with any length as the protection is gone.

IBX stays within the nail plate, with or without wearing Shellac, which will be a real bonus for when I remove my Shellac but don't replace it immediately.

From within because, the nail plate is full of tunnels and holes. Those tunnels and holes get reinforced with the IBX repair which is forced down into the plate with mild heat and when it has polymerised under the UV lamp, it both fills and attaches to any loose layers; as it cross links, it not only cross links itself, but also pulls thoes loose layers together and stops moisture from drying out the plate further, hence why any ares of dehydration disappear almost instantly (in some cases instantly) before your eyes. Because there is less chance of moisture soaking into the nail plate and softening the surface, there is also less likely hood of causing further damage (thoes dreaded white spots) to the nail plate. HTH

Why do nail people always have to complicate simple things? I promise you ladies, I have known Linda and Jim for a good half of my life. I have watched Linda's nails improve using IBX for a year or more. If they tell you this product is a game changer and using it will improve the dreadful condition allot of your clients nails are in (how many posts have we had about dehydrated nails with white areas?) you can believe it. Buy it, try it and try not to complicate a very simple but amazing service which will sort out the problems you have all been complaining about. Be an early adopter and don't wait ... I've got mine! :)

Last edited:
Perfect description from Geeg! Like Geeg (but not as long) I've known Jim and Linda for a long time. If they say something works then I am, at the very least, prepared to give it a go. Then, when I understood the science behind it and then actually tried it, I was totally sold.

Just to add: I think what Doug is referring to are the products that claim to strengthen the nail by vitamins added to a coating. The coating will strengthen the nail physically protecting it (like Geeg's mention of Shellac). Topically applied vitamins will not change the nail as this is done in the matrix by the blood stream where it grows.

I certainly don't need to add to anything about how IBX works :D

How have you got it..i was told by louella belle 10th February and thats PRE LAUNCH...your in UK..Right...??

I live in Canada.
2 hours after receiving my IBX I had my regular Shellac client and she was sold :)
1st pic is before and her nails aren't damaged of course because removing Shellac is non damaging :) but they are thin and bendy naturally and as Geeg has said, if we didn't reapply Shellac ner nails wouldn't last a day.
She is impressed and is booked in 3 weeks time for IBX and Shellac

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390053051683.jpg
    1390053051683.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 934
  • 1390053062651.jpg
    1390053062651.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 485
I know people were wondering how long it takes? My very first application took me about 20 minutes. But that was going over the instructions as not to miss a step. It is pretty straight forward :)

Why do nail people always have to complicate simple things?

It wasn't me wanting to complicate things Gigi.
As you know i like to know and FULLY understand how a product works.
So i can advise,use correctly and know what i'm talking about in my marketing. I'm afraid if i don't fully understand i WILL ask...repeatedly until i do.
I'm that girl and the back of the class with her hand up constantly...the one all the other students "scoff" at because they just wanna finish for the day and get home.In my eyes...makes for a better nail technician...

Tunnel technology explained=got it :hug:

when I understood the science behind it

Thats exactly what i was attempting to do Marian with my question , after having read some of Doug's work this morning it raised some questions for ME in regard to IBX.So i asked. I'm not going to buy a product just because everyone is raving about it and the word is it "revolutionary". I need to know its gonna do what it says on the tin. AND quite clearly it does. Order placed...can't wait.

Bit hidden on the website, but there is a comprehensive step by step that answers this....just found it

http://ibxnails.com/wp-content/uploads/application-instructions.pdf

Not sure if you mean Gel Polish or Traditional gel, see if this helps.

If you are using before Gel Polish Application, yes you always use Repair and IBX. If you mean a traditional Gel Application, you could use both if the nail has damage. When your customer comes back for a rebalance of her gel, it is kind of hard to use IBX as you don't have much nail exposed and remember IBX (as with all nail products) should not have contact with the skin.

Thats exactly what i was attempting to do Marian with my question , after having read some of Doug's work this morning it raised some questions for ME in regard to IBX.So i asked. I'm not going to buy a product just because everyone is raving about it and the word is it "revolutionary". I need to know its gonna do what it says on the tin. AND quite clearly it does. Order placed...can't wait.

You are spot on Louise! The good technicians don't just believe the marketing story; they have to get it straight in their own heads! How else can it be explained to a doubting or sceptical client? You may think you get the gist of it but when you try to explain it somehow the words aren't there! But if you really understand it then any question can be answered.

I feel I am this point with IBX so am happy to explain it to anyone. I hope I've explained the difference between what Doug (the oracle) was saying, i.e. topical vits etc. I believe there is another video being prepared that will explain it even more graphically.

I know people were wondering how long it takes? My very first application took me about 20 minutes. But that was going over the instructions as not to miss a step. It is pretty straight forward :)

It is really straight forward. I believe, that with use, the time will be short but, in this instance, the time cost is far more than the product cost and every technician should charge accordingly (as I said in an earlier post)

Latest posts

Back