IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Geeg, I completely agree I wouldn't foist anything on anyone I'm just not like that I have never be able to do the hard sell.

Not having the product I was just interested in how people we introducing it to clients and how those clients who were having it felt about paying the extra. I know it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but it is extra and clients are sceptical about "extras".

Once you have tried it you will be in love and you will realize that it is unlike anything we have tried. Once you understand the science behind it the enthusiasm will just rub off on everyone. I believe ever since women have turned 11-12 years old we all have wanted naturally beautiful nails and now we can.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry if this has been asked before. I don't think I have clients that have problems with strength (I think the gel polish I use provides enough strength), however I do have a few who suffer from delamination. Could I use the Repair on its own?

Also, does IBX repair affect ease of removal?

This came over Facebook this morning!!!

https://www.facebook.com/n/?profile...z3O9Z4S8fEd&[email protected]

6:11am Jan 19

Finally someone has developed a nail treatment that penetrates into the nail instead of sitting on top of it. The client no longer needs to reapply a daily coat of strengthener, which never really seemed to be that effective anyway.
Famous Names has introduced the IBX system that actually repairs nails. I've used it on a couple of my clients this week and watched the peeling layers fuse back together! Even the client's untrained eye could see the difference.
I have high hopes that I can finally offer my clients something that actually works instead of one more bottle of product they will add to their ever growing collection of treatments they've tried that didn't do what was promised.

Thanks you, Jim and Linda Nordstrom!

Susan Higgins
Little Rock, AR

If there was excess cuticle on the nail plate would it stop it from penetrating? In this case would it be better to do cuticle removal first them apply?

You really have the option to do your manicure when it works best for you.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I don't think I have clients that have problems with strength (I think the gel polish I use provides enough strength), however I do have a few who suffer from delamination. Could I use the Repair on its own?

Also, does IBX repair affect ease of removal?

Repair cannot be used on its own, you would use the Repair on the delamination, then a coat of IBX over top to seal your repair in.

The only way IBX affects removal is that it protects the nail plate from the constant soaking process.

Well I for one was sold before this thread as I heard Marian raving about an amazing new product! This can't come soon enough for me! Hurry up Louella Belle, I need IBX now! 😉xx

Once you use IBX yourself it is hard not to be a believer. This client moved on Wed and damaged a few nails then decided to RIP off the remainder of her acrylic :(
I have converted Every single client and no clients of mine will ever have any nail treatment done before IBX

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow-that is exciting!!!! Your customers are going to be happy!!! Thanks so much for trying IBX and seeing the results!

Great video. Thanks for sharing it. It helped a lot.
I used it for the 1st time today on a worthy set of natural nails.

Over the last 6 weeks Susan's natural nails have dried and delaminated with large white spots from using a fast drying no-base coat polish.
While she has very strong nails, this dryness is showing thru her light polish.
Last week, we switched back to using her go-to Essie polish with one coat of mademoiselle as the base and pop art pink as the final. Unfortunately, the white splotches were showing thru so we had to double up on the final shade of pop art pink to cover.

Today I followed the steps using IBX Repair and then IBX.
I wasn't expecting to really see a difference until we completed her polish with the traditional 2 coats of color instead of a 3rd!!!! The white spots didn't show through like last week. I know that IBX take at least 3-4 treatments but Susan and I could actually see the difference and were both amazed that IBX's FIRST treatment actually "filled in" the dry delaminated areas enough to omit that 3rd coat of "camouflage" pink!!!!!
Can't wait to use this on my gel polish clients!!!

For those of you that are friends with Doug Schoon on Facebook it is worth taking a look at a recent question he has been asked and answered in detail (sorry, but don't know how to put the specific link on here)

It is a general question but his answers demonstrate that IBX can do exactly what it claims. It can repair not heal. It can't change the functions but can support the non-living nail plate.

If you can read it there may be some questions answered that are factual.

Good Afternoon Everyone, We have just revised and simplified our IBX instructions and broken it down for a Full Application Under Gel Polish and Natural Nail . So, if anyone would like me to send a copy to you, just email me. [email protected]

So, here goes... :)
I have done over a dozen various nail services since late last week. Great results! Satisfied, rebooked clients. I have got more than 9 more IBX clients booked between now and this Saturday. It has got me thinking. I am planning on redoing my entire menu and my Classic Manicure will now include IBX whether the client wants it or not :) Basically, take it or leave it. I believe in this so much that I truly feel that in the near future any, and every nail service Should come with IBX as a standard service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have done over a dozen various nail services since late last week. Great results! Satisfied, rebooked clients. I have got more than 9 more IBX clients booked between now and this Saturday. It has got me thinking. I am planning on redoing my entire menu and my Classic Manicure will now include IBX whether the client wants it or not :) Basically, take it or leave it. I believe in this so much that I truly feel that in the near future any, and every nail service Should come with IBX as a standard service.

Wow - sounds fantastic! Cannot wait for my Duo Pack to arrive and start trialling it on my clients :)

Doing the same ... It will be a permanent part of my pre-preparation! Lol.

Good Afternoon Everyone, We have just revised and simplified our IBX instructions and broken it down for a Full Application Under Gel Polish and Natural Nail . So, if anyone would like me to send a copy to you, just email me. [email protected]

I imagine you are going to be bombarded with countless emails for a simplified copy. Is it possible to post it here instead and we can then print it off for our records?

I imagine you are going to be bombarded with countless emails for a simplified copy. Is it possible to post it here instead and we can then print it off for our records?

This is an Open Forum, seen by all.
Much better to contact Linda by email as requested, it only takes 2 minutes!

I got a reply immediately :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got a reply immediately :) xxx

I'm still waiting excitedly, I emailed at about 7am this morning, but assumed they'd still be sleeping in the US.

Karaxxx

PS. How wonderful, just got them - am very happy girl now (1.52pm) xxxx

Last edited:
I'm still waiting excitedly, I emailed at about 7am this morning, but assumed they'd still be sleeping in the US.

Karaxxx

Ah yes they would have been. I emailed about midnight last night xxx

I totally agree-I surely do not mind!

Izzidoll was correct to the minute. Exactly 2 minutes and I got a reply. Go Linda!!!
Vicki x

Latest posts

Back