IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this pic comes on, cos I ain't quite sure if I've done it right!!! This lady wears nothing on her nails just the occasional polish if she's going out. The difference is amazing after one application, don't think I can wait till she comes next week for her second treatment with IBX. 🙈:Love:

Jim N: Nice, and it will only get better!

I really like the sound of this but after reading the whole thread I am slightly confused on application so I will follow this thread and see what everyone thinks of it first, I was taken in by Vitagel and very disappointed with that :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: Very did
Fferent from V Gel, as its an "on top" of the nail while IBX work IN the nail. So two different concepts.

Did my first IBX treatment today, firstly I was thinking... what is with these instructions!!!! they are awful!!!!... I sat there and read them over and over and could not understand how anyone in their right mind would understand what to do. Any hoo, got my IBX out the box to give it a whirl and out popped the 'proper' instructions (haha I had been reading the introductory booklet, silly me, the actual instructions are very helpful). So now the whole process had become a lot clearer and I found it pretty easy to do. I was just wondering how mobile techs are going to be carrying out the heat step? I was just doing my mum tonight so used a hair dryer but my arm is now hurting (i'm not exactly the fittest of people) so was wondering if people could let me know of any good solutions that are practical to carry around with me mobile, I would much rather some sort of lamp that I can put on my table as I think this would look the most professional. Thanks geeks :)

I consider myself pretty intelligent and I'm usually good with instructions (I do read them!) but seriously, the instructions that came in the box or even the video were difficult for me (and a girl who works with me) to understand.
I read the instructions few times and watched the video few times but still wasn't sure..
I'm better when someone shows me full application on 10 or at least 5 nails and not doing 2 nails 2 different ways. I also think its the name IBX Repair and "just" IBX could be a reason for some confusion.
Sometimes I wondered if they are talking about IBX System as whole when they say IBX or the second product.

That's why I wasn't sure if the whole IBX system needs to be used twice initially or just the IBX product. So on the first client I used
Repair/IBX/Repair/IBX. I'm sure it didn't hurt but it was a waste of time.

I wasn't going to chime in but I feel that she did not come off rude at all. You simply cannot read people's emotions in a thread. Too many people are taking things to heart.
I do apologize if I come off rude or curt but IBX duo pack comes with pretty straight forward instructions. Assuming we all hold the equivalent of a 4th grader's reading comprehension then following instructions shouldn't be difficult. I do feel that this thread has over and over explained all that needs to be explained. It is now going in circles and confusing people even more.
You get your product and you follow the directions :) less confusing.
Once again, not trying to be rude

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi

Could someone please confirm the wattage of the cnd minx lamp which has the bendy wire as opposed to the metal arm. (White one)

I'm asking because everyone is saying that the minx lamps are fine with IBX but I'm looking at the new white minx lamp and it looks the same as the daylight company lamp for foils which is 250 w.

I've bought a small heat lamp but think that one positioned over the hands rather than to the side would be much easier.

Cheers girls getting myself all confuddled lol xxx. By the way love IBX

O lord I didn't buy if to the hype but now I'm intrigued!!!

I'm off to page one, wish me luck!!! Xx

Does someone mind pm'ing me the duo pack cost please?? Xx

Did these on my mother in law last night. I was sceptical as I did not notice much difference on mine but mine were not really that bad. This I was impressed with :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1964951_296312423854431_23697876_n.jpg
    1964951_296312423854431_23697876_n.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 362
I am impressed! My lady who has paper thin flaky nails after years of acrylics can usually get 5 days from shellac before it starts chipping, just seen her and she is on day 9 with no chips and she says her nails feel really strong!

I would much rather some sort of lamp that I can put on my table as I think this would look the most professional. Thanks geeks :)
I gotta wait for proper infra lamp so meanwhile I got infra bulb from the pet shop, the one that you buy for reptiles. It has standard E27 fitting so I will use it with normal desk lamp. If you're happy to travel with desk lamp that will do I suppose :)
Omg I can't wait - found a ticket from post office today, I'm sure it's my IBX, trying it on a client tomorrow!
A question, geeks - Gelish on this lady lasts 7 days max, would IBX improve that? Also she has no splitting or damaged nails, do I need to use ibx repair anyway? I mean if I go with no Gelish on top.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I gotta wait for proper infra lamp so meanwhile I got infra bulb from the pet shop, the one that you buy for reptiles. It has standard E27 fitting so I will use it with normal desk lamp. If you're happy to travel with desk lamp that will do I suppose :)
Omg I can't wait - found a ticket from post office today, I'm sure it's my IBX, trying it on a client tomorrow!
A question, geeks - Gelish on this lady lasts 7 days max, would IBX improve that? Also she has no splitting or damaged nails, do I need to use ibx repair anyway? I mean if I go with no Gelish on top.

You should be careful. A normal desk lamp may not be suitable for the heat emitted by an infrared bulb.

A client has asked me of she will only get strength whilst wearing it or will it strengthen her natural nails and she can stop using it after a few months??

I think I know the answer but just want to make sure I know as much as I can before I go ordering!! Xx

You should be careful. A normal desk lamp may not be suitable for the heat emitted by an infrared bulb.
Thank you :) Well I hope it's only for a few minutes so it should be ok and I will turn it off while not in use...

Ok I was pretty on the fence on this when I read the first few pages of the thread. The pics LOOK good but I wasn't fully sold. Went to the website and watched the how to video. I'm totally sold. NO ONE in my city offers this!!! (I checked, it's a smallish city). I need to get all my training done because I want to bust this out!

I got an infra red lamp for £10 on eBay following a link that someone put either on this thread or the other long IBX thread. It's pretty standard but does the job :)

I got an infra red lamp for £10 on eBay following a link that someone put either on this thread or the other long IBX thread. It's pretty standard but does the job :)

I've just seen this on eBay . Is it any good ?

Well I've only used it once so far and it was fine :)

A client has asked me of she will only get strength whilst wearing it or will it strengthen her natural nails and she can stop using it after a few months??

I think I know the answer but just want to make sure I know as much as I can before I go ordering!! Xx

Repair will help repair the current damage they have on their nails and IBX will help with the strength and flexibility. If the customers nails get strong from the treatments and she stops, she must remember that unless she is protecting those nails somehow it is possible for them to go back to the way they were. We suggest (for natural nail) that once they get their nails where they want them to only get a treatment once every 3 weeks.

Did my first IBX treatment today, firstly I was thinking... what is with these instructions!!!! they are awful!!!!... I sat there and read them over and over and could not understand how anyone in their right mind would understand what to do. Any hoo, got my IBX out the box to give it a whirl and out popped the 'proper' instructions (haha I had been reading the introductory booklet, silly me, the actual instructions are very helpful). So now the whole process had become a lot clearer and I found it pretty easy to do. I was just wondering how mobile techs are going to be carrying out the heat step? I was just doing my mum tonight so used a hair dryer but my arm is now hurting (i'm not exactly the fittest of people) so was wondering if people could let me know of any good solutions that are practical to carry around with me mobile, I would much rather some sort of lamp that I can put on my table as I think this would look the most professional. Thanks geeks :)

Thanks for sharing that with us! Sometime directions do help!!! Someone told me the other day that they found a lamp that clipped onto their table and it was small-that would be perfect!

Latest posts

Back