IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iv not yet purchased IBX but i can clearly see the great results people are getting for damaged and flaking nails, however its hard to understand what strength its adding to the nails.

I have really thin nails, always have, I can actually fold them in half like paper, iv yet to come across anyone elses this thin.

I can get a maximum of a weeks wear from shellac and about 10 days from enhancememts.

Does IBX really strengthen the nails enough for someone like me to able to get 14 days out of Shellac

x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

iv not yet purchased IBX but i can clearly see the great results people are getting for damaged and flaking nails, however its hard to understand what strength its adding to the nails.

I have really thin nails, always have, I can actually fold them in half like paper, iv yet to come across anyone elses this thin.

I can get a maximum of a weeks wear from shellac and about 10 days from enhancememts.

Does IBX really strengthen the nails enough for someone like me to able to get 14 days out of Shellac

x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was a sceptic - trying it out firstly on my own nails. Very similar - bendy, transparent on the tips and so paper thin whereby applying a little pressure with a wood stick when removing my Shellac, would feel like it "hurt" on my nail beds!

I've applied the IBX duo twice (a week inbetween) and I can honestly say it feels like it has literally fused my nail plate! My nails feel so much stronger and they don't bend! I also had to file them down and they were actually resisting my Kanga file they were so hard on the tips.

So, in short, I really believe in this product and it really does go inside your nail plate! It's done things to my nails that no "on top of" the nail plate product has ever done or will ever match up to!

Hope this helps
Sarah xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Its good for the price isn't it, I saw the one on S2 but it was a lot more! :Scared:

Yes, to maximize the penetration of IBX in the natural nail, we avoid using soap, water, cuticle eraser before the use of IBX.

I always get them to wash their hands with anti bacterial soap before they even sit down. So I'm not happy to change that.

This is how i do it:
We wash our hands with water and soap. Then i first use Coolblue, wrap the nails with Nourisching remover, remove the CND Shellac. Then i apply IBX, heat 3 minutes, blot, cure 2 minutes in my CND UV lamps. Cleanse with coolblue, apply Cuticle away, do cuticle work, file, re apply CND Shellac

I have always got them to quickly wash hands after removal and cuticle work to make sure all remover has been removed before reapplying

I have always got them to quickly wash hands after removal and cuticle work to make sure all remover has been removed before reapplying

This is what I do, is there any reason why you can't do cuticle work wash and dry hands well, then scrubfresh and do Ibx??

The heat source needs to be gentle so that there is time for the IBX to absorb into the nail. If it's too hot it will just evaporate. Xx

A craft heat gun, no please don't use this. All advised methods are beauty related or lights sources that give off a gentle heat.

Well, I bought IBX with one specific client in mind that has always had peeling/delamination of the index and middle fingers. We did her first treatment yesterday, these are the before and afters of each hand
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394618670.284319.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394618690.469316.jpg

She says she can't see a difference! Lmao! Clients do make me laugh.

I do have one other problem with her though, after I scrub fresh and go to apply shellac base coat all these little bits of nail appear all over her nail plate. I know it's layers of nail as I got hold of one bit once with cuticle nippers and pulled it thinking it was a hair or something and a whole line of nail just peeled off right down to the free edge! They are literally everywhere! Makes her nail look fluffy if you look down the nail plate. I know I'm not causing any damage to her nails as I don't scrape etc. I thought IBX had sealed all these little bits but as soon as I wiped over with scrub fresh they appeared again! Help!x

Well, I bought IBX with one specific client in mind that has always had peeling/delamination of the index and middle fingers. We did her first treatment yesterday, these are the before and afters of each hand
View attachment 58799View attachment 58800

She says she can't see a difference! Lmao! Clients do make me laugh.

I do have one other problem with her though, after I scrub fresh and go to apply shellac base coat all these little bits of nail appear all over her nail plate. I know it's layers of nail as I got hold of one bit once with cuticle nippers and pulled it thinking it was a hair or something and a whole line of nail just peeled off right down to the free edge! They are literally everywhere! Makes her nail look fluffy if you look down the nail plate. I know I'm not causing any damage to her nails as I don't scrape etc. I thought IBX had sealed all these little bits but as soon as I wiped over with scrub fresh they appeared again! Help!x

Is this before or after youve done cuticle work? I know I did this once and realised I was being to hard with cuticle pusher and curette on the nail plate. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is this before or after youve done cuticle work? I know I did this once and realised I was being to hard with cuticle pusher and curette on the nail plate. X

It's definitely not me being too hard with her cuticles. I've made sure of this in the past, being really careful and only going round her cuticles not right over her entire nail plate. I don't have this happen with anybody else so I know it's not what I'm doing. I really thought IBX would cure this as well as the delamination etc but seemed even worse!x

Maybe after a few apps it will improve x

Does anyone use an infrared lamp as the heat source? I just ordered one yesterday as noticed Louella Belle are selling one on the same page as IBX and now I have been sent instructions and the infrared lamp bit has been crossed out!

I'm really confused. I couldn't find a lamp that would take a bulb higher than 40w. What are you all using?

If you have an Aldi near you, look in there. The one in Winchester was selling 100w incandescent bulbs the other day when I was in there! Or you can still buy them from the internet :)

Just to say these guns are sooooo hot!!! I used these when I made cards and if I got it too close to the embossing powders/paper it would burnt it and turn paper brown!! So please be so very careful xxx

I use it for Minx when mobile too. I'm uber careful. X

I also have struggled to find a heat source for my few mobile clients so have purchased on of these.
Dovecraft Heat Tool Gun - For Embossing and Craft | eBay

Aside from the health & safety implications of using a craft heat gun on a client's nails and the risk of burning their flesh, surely this would mean that you would have to individually warm each nail for the required time, thus adding an awful lot more time than that recommended for the first and subsequent applications.

I'd personally stick to a small blow dryer or infra red lamp for mobile use. Much safer and more time effective.

Personally I don't think a craft heat gun looks any more professional than a hair dryer and in fact I feel a dryer would be preferable and more controllable for the client.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back