Ideas to change disappointed customers' minds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
I have recently taken a beauty room and nail bar in a hair salon and really want to push shellac so I can get loads of people in whilst they are waiting for their colour to develop. I was showing people the fantastic colours and explaining all the great benefits but nobody seemed remotely keen. I then find out that the previous therapist had used gellac and has 'cured' it with a hair dryer, with understandably rubbish results. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to try it? I've done the hairdresser's nails with it to promote it but any other ideas welcomed thanks x

Sorry but this made me laugh! A hairdryer? For goodness sake.

If you can afford it I would do some freebies, maybe for the staff and then you will have real life proof that you actually do cure your product! I would do several of the hairdressers with different colours, not just the one.

Maybe an offer for the first treatment.

It could just be that being this time of year and money being a bit tight that things are a bit slow. Might be better just before Christmas. Make sure your pricing is right too! :wink2:

I have recently taken a beauty room and nail bar in a hair salon and really want to push shellac so I can get loads of people in whilst they are waiting for their colour to develop. I was showing people the fantastic colours and explaining all the great benefits but nobody seemed remotely keen. I then find out that the previous therapist had used gellac and has 'cured' it with a hair dryer, with understandably rubbish results. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to try it? I've done the hairdresser's nails with it to promote it but any other ideas welcomed thanks x
Wear it yourself, and do a pinkie nail for free.
We used to do this with acrylic nails, just do the pinkie, so they could see for themselves how different we were from the nss places then they could wear it for a couple of weeks to see for themselves how well it wore. I think this would work well for Shellac one nail done in their fav colour for free and you tell them you'll remove it for free in two weeks time.
I don't think you'll have to wait that long for them to be back for the other 9 nails:wink2:

wear it and take day one five and ten pics and get up on your wall, facebook etc. get the other girls to wear as they will then rave about it. wear it yourself and do some freebie on selected clients that you KNOW will talk about it.

tigi
xx

What about your prices? Maybe that's what's putting them off, maybe you could do an introductory offer to entice them?

Thanks geeks, I think a few freebies is the way forward, the other hairdressers have the most horrendous bitten nails so I think I'l select a few chosen customers xx

I charge £20 which is the going rate round here, I currently have an opening offer of 20% off so at £16 I really dont think I'm overpriced :-/

What the hell lmao a hairdryer u need a uv lamp 36 watt my god what must there nails looked like lol I use gelac and gelish I personally like gelac and ha e good results I can't get over hairdryer lol.

I would do what others have suggested do your nails and a free nail on others.if u have pics of people's nails you have done make a portfolio to show them the results xx

When clients see how long Shellac lasts on the one nail you do for free they will come roaring back. Do one nail on every person who let's you.

And I would suggest getting the New Shellac Salon Marketing kit which they will not be able to miss seeing in the salon ...

Advertise a trouble free Christmas with beautiful Shellacked nails. :green: they can have their nails Shellacked a week before Christmas and still looking perfect for the New Year celebrations !

When I had a room in a hair salon, when I was quiet, I would go into the hair part and offer free hand/arm massage to the ladies waiting for their colors to develop; this opened the way for chat. I took the opportunity to talk about services and training; this builds confidence.

Good luck in your new place x

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas and moral support, I love the Xmas idea Geeg, I'l get some flyers done tonight :)

Sounds like there confusing it with Minx or Nailwraps as many use hairdryers instead of the recommended Heat Lamps etc... I would emphasis that this product requires a lamp unlike the other products theyve tried before & just take it from there...

Latest posts

Back