I'm feeling a tattoo coming on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've told hubby I want a tattoo voucher for Xmas. I've only got a small rose on my arm and can't remember how much it hurt so please tell me the truth! It will be across a shoulder blade and I want "there is no greater love than between mother and child" then Chloe and Mitch (my kids!) underneath. How long do you think that would take? And how much roughly (London rates) do you think it would cost?? Thank you xxxx

I've told hubby I want a tattoo voucher for Xmas. I've only got a small rose on my arm and can't remember how much it hurt so please tell me the truth! It will be across a shoulder blade and I want "there is no greater love than between mother and child" then Chloe and Mitch (my kids!) underneath. How long do you think that would take? And how much roughly (London rates) do you think it would cost?? Thank you xxxx

Anyone got any idea???
Thanks xx

Anyone got any idea???
Thanks xx

No idea on prices in London, I pay £90 an hour but I'm in cambs.... Shouldn't take long, my entire inside of my arm took 3 hours... It nips a bit accross the blades but it's not a very painful place to get a tat, pop into a tattooist with your design and they will be able to quote you xx

No idea on prices in London, I pay £90 an hour but I'm in cambs.... Shouldn't take long, my entire inside of my arm took 3 hours... It nips a bit accross the blades but it's not a very painful place to get a tat, pop into a tattooist with your design and they will be able to quote you xx

That's really helpful, thank you :)
I haven't got a design as such, just my quote , will they be able to show me different styles of writing and maybe 2 little stars next to the names ?
Blimey, I'm adding to it now which means more pain and more money hahaxc

That's really helpful, thank you :)
I haven't got a design as such, just my quote , will they be able to show me different styles of writing and maybe 2 little stars next to the names ?
Blimey, I'm adding to it now which means more pain and more money hahaxc

Yes usually they can do that for you, but I always want something different so I type it up in word and play with the fonts... Makes it more your own :) stars would be very easy for them to do, just make sure it's a reputable artist that's doing it, nothing worse than wonky writing :) check out their portfolio xx

Yes usually they can do that for you, but I always want something different so I type it up in word and play with the fonts... Makes it more your own :) stars would be very easy for them to do, just make sure it's a reputable artist that's doing it, nothing worse than wonky writing :) check out their portfolio xx

Great advice thanks. I'm gonna try and get in with Lal Hardy in north London coz he did one of my hubby's years ago and it still looks fab!
Thanks again for your help, I'll post a pic afterwards (gulp) xx

I love tattoos :). Here is my 2nd and most recent on my ribs. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348180685.738269.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348180685.738269.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 418
I love tattoos :). Here is my 2nd and most recent on my ribs. Xx

Oh this is absolutely beautiful Mandy!
Can I ask how long it took please? And does the shading really really hurt?! X

Thanks ladies :). It took about 2 hours all together. I got the wording done and then went back to get shading. It was pretty painful :p, was told by the tattooist that ribs are one of the sorest spots (didn't appreciate that just before I lay down for him to start haha!) x

I would prob say that the shading was slightly more painful but worth it in the end. X

Thanks ladies :). It took about 2 hours all together. I got the wording done and then went back to get shading. It was pretty painful :p, was told by the tattooist that ribs are one of the sorest spots (didn't appreciate that just before I lay down for him to start haha!) x
Well it's worth it in the end. How much did it cost? X

Wording was £70 and shading was £120-£150. X

Wording was £70 and shading was £120-£150. X

Cor blimey never knew shading was so expensive!!
Think I may just have my words to start with then lol. You're gorgeous tatt is making me wanna hurry up and get it done x

Cor blimey never knew shading was so expensive!!
Think I may just have my words to start with then lol. You're gorgeous tatt is making me wanna hurry up and get it done x

The reason for the huge price difference was because I got my shading some at another tattoo parlour (my OH had got me £100 voucher for this place). Where in the UK are you? X

update time!!! had my back finished on monday there, so the pic is kinda shiny and sore as it was photographed as soon as it was done!!!
230478_10152108034645333_1774971971_n.jpgback.jpg

Ive wanted a tattoo for a while now,since 2010 when i had my best year and went traveiling but couldn't quite get what i wanted, now decided what i want and I know i want it on my ribs going across not down, i want it quite small because its my first and most probably the only one i will have…I heard its very painful (typical of me to choose the most paiful part!)

Can anyone explain to me the pain? i want to get myself geared up for it and also I want it so bad but im so scared!!!! I have no idea where to start with tattoos…plus im scared my dad will see it and he freak! anyone else have that problem?? lol

Latest posts

Back