I'm feeling a tattoo coming on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that bad, like hot needle scratching you, like child birth you forget the pain (just to clarify different pain)

Ive wanted a tattoo for a while now,since 2010 when i had my best year and went traveiling but couldn't quite get what i wanted, now decided what i want and I know i want it on my ribs going across not down, i want it quite small because its my first and most probably the only one i will have…I heard its very painful (typical of me to choose the most paiful part!)

Can anyone explain to me the pain? i want to get myself geared up for it and also I want it so bad but im so scared!!!! I have no idea where to start with tattoos…plus im scared my dad will see it and he freak! anyone else have that problem?? lol

Don't want to scare you but it blimmin hurts on your ribs. I've had 9 tats done and ribs was most definitely the worst, I kept holding my breath while the needle was in. I think it's because ribs are more flexible so they vibrate more.

I would normally say that it's kind of a pleasurable pain (maybe I'm just weird) it just feels like scratching from something sharp.

Good luck if you go ahead! Make sure you post a picture for us to see x

It's not that bad, like hot needle scratching you, like child birth you forget the pain (just to clarify different pain)

haha very different pain but i would agree - it doesnt put you off having more (tattoos that is!) !!
I would say though the larger the tattoo the worse it gets though, 2 hours into my back and i was really suffering, there was one part that felt like i was being burned with a hot poker :( only managed another hour that session!! smaller tattoos are fine lol its a very temporary pain (unlike the after effects of childbirth lol) once its wrapped up and you get bepanthen on it its not painful more tight feeling xxx

Ah crap this has made me want another tat.. I have 7 but I've always wanted a colourful (flowers/cherry blossom/butterfly) one on my foot, I have my 2nd daughters name on my foot but fancy one around it but can never decide on the "perfect one" so end up leaving it xx

Ah crap this has made me want another tat.. I have 7 but I've always wanted a colourful (flowers/cherry blossom/butterfly) one on my foot, I have my 2nd daughters name on my foot but fancy one around it but can never decide on the "perfect one" so end up leaving it xx

you should go for a consultation, see what the artist can draw up for you :) xx

I did it today!!!! Did it on the spur of the moment whilst out shopping with my mum and it was hilarious with my mum panicking that I wouldn't be able to drive her home afterwards coz I'd be in pain lol

It actually says "my children, my world" but the camera had warped it and looks like chicken!!! My children are over the moon bless em.

How often should I be using the bepanthen cream? The tattooist said to put it on tonight and carry on for a week but how many times a day should I do it? Thanks for any advice xxx

you should go for a consultation, see what the artist can draw up for you :) xx

Your right I should. I have just moved to a new area though do need to find out who is a good artist :)

Anyone got any advice for aftercare please? X

I've heard lots of different aftercare advice from the places I have been, I've found nappy cream for rashs works or E45 cream works.
Hot soapy water is ment to be good as well xx

I've heard lots of different aftercare advice from the places I have been, I've found nappy cream for rashs works or E45 cream works.
Hot soapy water is ment to be good as well xx
He told me to buy bepanthen cream but I've forgotten how many times I need to apply it ?! X

Keep it covered in cling film for at least 5 days and use hemp tattoo aftercare cream, done that with all of mine and only teeny scabs and heals really well xx

Ive got about seventeen now and thinking of a charity poppy one now lol. After each of mine told to take everything off after two hours and leave to dry out when tattoo feels tight rub in savlon cream. Last one i had was orchids down my arm and hardly a scab.

I have a constalation on stars with a big moon on my lower back that goes from hip to hip and half way up my back. I also have a sisters tattoo that is almost finished with butterflys and dragon fly and gonna get our initials added.

I don't like my back tattoo and wanna cover it now....but with what :eek: its so big already it will cover the whole back lol!

Don't go crazy creaming it up every 5 minutes. You only need a little bit and not too often.

DON'T SCRATCH! Much as you will want to! :D And no scab picking!

Next time I have one I'm gonna try using solar oil on it! hehe. I don't really like Bepanthen.

I'm thinking I want mine on my back extended. I have an idea but on how to do it - I might talk to my tattoo artist and see what she thinks, I reckon she'll be honest and tell me if my idea sucks.

Thanks everyone for the aftercare tips I'm gently washing it twice a day and applying bepanthen cream after and also a bit of cream if it feels dry so I think this should be fine? Anyone used "tattoo goo" instead? Is it better than bepanthen?

Tell you what though, tatts are quite addictive aren't they coz I already want another one now! My mum really wants me to have a quote for her - does anyone know of a short, but heartfelt quote about mums ?

Thanks geeks xxx

Anyone got any nice mother and daughter quotes? X

Here's my newest tattoo in memory of a friend x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356083588.591731.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356083588.591731.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 192
Anyone got any nice mother and daughter quotes? X

Here's a list of them:
To Inspire your Life Moments: Loving Daughter Quotes

Particularly loving these:

A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.
-- Laurel Atherton

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
-- Author Unknown

I love tattoos I have 8 there not as painful as I thought , I want more they're sooo addictive Xx

Latest posts

Back