I'm going to propose to him! :) Any ideas girlies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hey ive decided im going to propose to my man this year, yeah its the wrong way round but its me whos been putting it off for years so now ive decided its what i want, he will love it anyway, hes such a girl, total role reversal haha!

Im thinking February because im so excited i cant wait till May (our anniversary month)

I was thinking a trip to London for valentines day and maybe do it on the London eye? Ive never been on it but i think lots of other people go in the same carraige as you? not sure if that would be odd for the other passangers and ourselves.

A trip to Liverpool may be on the cards as he loves LFC and is going to a match (im not tho, blurgh hate football lol)

Really no idea what to do, but i want it too be special :D

If you love London, the London eye is the best experience ever. If you get a clear day you can see for miles, and if you go at dusk you can see the lights forever.

You do get on a gondala with other people, I think there's about 10 together. You can book your own gondala but this would cost. Definitely worth pre-booking because it's always busy. I don't think anybody else would mind though.

You can have a pod on the Eye all to yourselves with a bottle of Champagne and a waiter to serve it to you. (Ask me how I know this!)
I'd propose to him just as the lights are all coming on over London, if it were me.
Enjoy!

You can have a pod on the Eye all to yourselves with a bottle of Champagne and a waiter to serve it to you. (Ask me how I know this!)
I'd propose to him just as the lights are all coming on over London, if it were me.
Enjoy!

Erm, do I ask,or will I get too much information?:eek:

I bought this, along with a trip up St Stephen's Tower to see Big Ben, a ride in a private motor launch up the Thames and a private viewing of HMS Belfast, for my hunny bunny humsbums' birthday about 5 years ago. There would have been hell to pay had he not got the hint and proposed to me!

Bloody hell. I will remain a Ms! Mr Persian is quite spoilt enough.

Well i think £400+ is a little out my price range to say 4 words haha. I am saving for my wedding next year.

Perhaps a cheaper idea is needed that the wheel or i just embarass myself in front of 10 other people and open my own champagne...hmm.....

Or give him a chinese burn till he asks you :)

Works for me every time.

Hey you said you are cant wait, why not do it on new years eve :o
what do you guys have planed for Friday night are you out with family or friends? Or is that just toooooooo soon for you :hug: xx

Hi,
I proposed to my man on valentines day, we didnt have much money atall back then, i was working as a junior,and he was doing an apprenticship, i saved up for ages to get him a ring,and booked us a set-menu meal, we had our very first 3 course meal,and a bottle of very cheap nasty champagne.(felt all grown up)
i was absoloutely scared to death, i tried to stand up to get down on 1 knee, but had jelly legs,lol!!
so sat back down,didnt help that everyone in the restaurant was waiting for me to do it!!
so i just gave him the ring and asked him to marry me.
We then danced into the early hours in our local nightclub,lol!
So my point is, you dont have to have lots of money, its the thought that counts.If i could go back now, i wouldnt change a thing! We still laugh about it when we go past that restaurant!

good luck in whatever you decide,and let us know how it goes!

Kate x

A trip to Liverpool may be on the cards as he loves LFC and is going to a match (im not tho, blurgh hate football lol)

You could always say "Marry me, and you'll never walk alone" ;)

ask him under big ben when it chimes at 12am, the sign of a new day , new beginings, doesnt have to be the new year etc, i wouldnt do it on londons eye, id want it to be a tad more personal,even if on a busy street...but still nobody in hearing distance, haveing queued to see london then your momentlost in it all...maybe im wrong... but for it to just be the two of yee, londons eye for me was-well nowt, sorry but then i wasnt proposed to,
Love the role reversal

will you buy a ring for u AND him?????
Haha
xx

Last edited:
Poke him in the eye and say if you don't marry me, I'll do it again!

Ha ha

I like the big Ben idea. My friend was proposed to up on London eye and her bf found it awkward to wait for the right moment when others might not be looking at them. And surely he would know if you got the private pod? X

Hey ive decided im going to propose to my man this year, yeah its the wrong way round but its me whos been putting it off for years so now ive decided its what i want, he will love it anyway, hes such a girl, total role reversal haha!

Im thinking February because im so excited i cant wait till May (our anniversary month)

I was thinking a trip to London for valentines day and maybe do it on the London eye? Ive never been on it but i think lots of other people go in the same carraige as you? not sure if that would be odd for the other passangers and ourselves.

Really no idea what to do, but i want it too be special :D

Congratulations, if you want to really make it special for him why not go to Liverpool with him, watch the match (yes cheer and chant too) and then propose either at half time or after the match. If Liverpool win, it will be the icing on the cake and if they lose then it will cheer him up and make the day fantastic.

There's not really anything individual about valentines day or the london eye, so many people have done it but if that is what you want to do then I'm sure it would be perfect for you.

Good luck

This is sooooo romantic ! Though I have no idea how to propose haha :)

A nice fresh start for the new year!

:hug:

I proposed to my husband and he said no at first because he thought I was joking. What about sending him a helium balloon in a box cover the balloon with confetti, when he opens the box the balloon will lift and spread the confetti then just ask or put a note in the box. At least he'll know you're serious. Good luck x

Hey my boyfriend is an avid LFC supporter and has said that it's a great idea if you want to arrange a trip to see his fave team especially in light that you're not a football fan! There is a Liverpool tour that you can book that involves a trip to the pitch and museum but it's not on match days so you'd need to come a day earlier - think he'd be chuffed to bits if you arrange that, followed by a nice meal and proposal. Maybe you could book in advance, contact the club they may put a photo of him in the match day programme. If you need tickets, you need to write to the club early. If you need any help, just contact me and I'll try to help - not great as I'm an Everton supporter and my other half is Liverpool! hahaha ;)

He did have a few other ideas but probably too rude to print! hahaha

You'll have a great time here in Liverpool, some cracking hotels and restaurants to visit. x

Latest posts

Back