I'm gutted - no Dermalogica for mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as far as I know Dermalogica have never supplied mobile therapists and i doubt they will

they want a big emphasis on retailing which they don't feel mobile therapists can offer

i agree with Tonilee. Natures Way products are very nice

Hi,

I am in the same position. I love dermalogica but am also mobile. I use Mavalia (by mavala) its very nice. Its not as advanced as the demalogica range but its a bit more upmarket than some of the cheaper ranges. I have just taken a room on part time but I dont think I would switch now! x

i looked at decleor and they do supply to home salons it £4000 initial cost...i think u need a shower to do body treatments...im confussed as to what products to use from home what is everyone else using that works from home?. xx

i just received a catalogue from hof and they have a product range for facials called oligodermie its from france and looks really good, you can buy a start up kit for £300 and they do free training. i used products by collin paris once in a salon i worked at and the stuff from this oligodermie looks like it could be similar but less upmarket.

hi. Eve Taylor make the additives for dermalogica the products are excellent quality and there is no minimum order so ideal for therapists look on the web site

I'm not necessarily suggesting you do this, but I wanted someone's opinion...

Just a thought...have you thought about setting up a room in your house as a salon, just for a photograph? What's to stop them selling to you then? Would they seriously send someone round to check if you actually worked from home or as a mobile therapist?
I've spoken about this today with someone actually, and it made me wonder myself how they can actually regulate such a ridiculous rule.

I'm not necessarily suggesting you do this, but I wanted someone's opinion...

Just a thought...have you thought about setting up a room in your house as a salon, just for a photograph? What's to stop them selling to you then? Would they seriously send someone round to check if you actually worked from home or as a mobile therapist?
I've spoken about this today with someone actually, and it made me wonder myself how they can actually regulate such a ridiculous rule.

One major problem with this is that a rep comes out to set up your initial account and check your premises, then they visit you every six weeks so I imagine it would be quite dificult to fake a salon !!

its also morally wrong...:eek:

so many products these days have ingredients that are already banned in western europe,but not UK!!!
im currently making up a list of ingredients that are potentially harmful.. contact me if you are interested

carol
(cosmetologist)

I use Nimue for facials and acadayspa for body treatment.
Comfort zone is lush!!!!! a bit ingredients issues, but it is very nice, smells good( my favourite is the tranquility oil!), they have got beautiful treatment both for face and body, and i think they do supply to mobile. It is distributed by Graftons international.

gaby

Sodabubble - In my opinion, wouldn't use comfort zone. I only like products that are natural and comfort Zone certainly aren't. Check the ingredients list. You'll see what I mean. xxx:cry::)

Hi everyone,

Can I just add that you shouldn't go with Ellisons range "Priadara" if I was you. I was going to go with them as the range looked great and it was alot cheaper then Dermalogica but one of my therapists how has just finished college told me they use Priadara and it's rubbish, I guess that's why it's cheap! :lol:

Brooklyn
Perfections Beauty Studio

This is strange because i told them i was mobile and they said i could get an opening package for 3k. So i thought sod that.
But if you are interested pm me hun and il give u email address
xxx

There are lots of good premiere skin care companies out there who do supply home salons and mobile therapists.

You do not have to pay thousands to start off, well if you are rich you can.

Dont sell your clients short either and go for the budget lines like skin truth and piadora, natures way and others you wouldnt use them on your own skin so dont use them on your clients

Mrs Clooney, Ur so right, Brands like Clarins, Elemis, Dermalogica etc like to maintain a certain exclusivity. Im Clarins trained but still wasnt allowed to use their products as a therapist. Im off to University now where they use Elemis..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back