Impatient!! Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realisticbeauty

Reaction score
I really want to start using the Shellac polish but I am impatient and want it now!! Thing is I still havent been given my information to log in and purchase anything but after reading some posts on here I am now thinking should I just go with Gelish as posts are saying alot of things are out of stock so I dont want to wait for my log in details only to then find I cannot order anything:irked:. My fingers are hovering over the gelish button help what should I do.

I know how you feel I have also been waiting ages. I was going to buy it all at Scottish Beauty but it all sold out before lunchtime. Anyway I keep calling and emailing but its always the same "no stock, no lamps etc". I understand that this is testament to the fact that its such a brilliant product but I have a real need for this product and really feel i am missing out/being left behind!!!! Trying not to look elsewhere!!!! :sad:

I caved in and just message gelish who messaged me back in 10min and were very helpful and have also got a free course in august. They have all items in stock i think i will go with them as I have already told my clients and they do not want to wait !!

There is certainly stock in right now but it may be gone in the next 48.

Shellac is phenomenal and if you are not using it now then I would get your stock asap and hang in and excite your clients for when you are ready to go.

Most of the people who have bought into Shellac, right from the start, are having phenomenal success with it and have been smart enough to order what they knew they were going to need before they needed it.
CND have already shipped out twice their original budgeted number for the entire year!! It's still got great momentum.

Shellac is different in many ways from the gel you mention. They are different. The LOOK of Shellac is different and the FEEL of Shellac is different .. Shellac applies differently and more easily, and having worn both for a substantial amount of time I can tell you I would stick with Shellac. It doesn't always pay to be impatient ... mistakes can be made.

Last edited:
I've tired both shellac and gelish! And shellac wins every time. Shellac is in a league on it's own! Nothing compares to it. I'm not saying gellish isn't a good product, but it's nothing like shellac. Put it this way, if gellish was like shellac then it too would be sold out! When something is good everyone wants it! And everyone wants shellac all over the world! And they want it because it's new technology and it rocks!!!

I have the Shellac but I have been waiting so long for the lamp to come into stock so my clients are still waiting too. S2 cant give a date. If you have a Brisa Vintage or the new CND lamp then definitely go for Shellac

With my impartial head on here this thread seems to be going down a Shellac vs Gelish discussion again!

I've said before that I believe this polish concept is the future of salon nails services. Like polishes, there is plenty of room for many brands. Everyone will have their favourites for many reasons.

Everyone knows the supply issues with Shellac! It isn't the fault of Sweet Squared. This is like 'shoot the messenger'!!! They are doing a great job under the circumstances.

Gelish is great too. It's different from Shellac!! Many brands are different from others!! Technicians need to make their own choices based on their experience.

In my opinion I hope both of these brands have a fabulous place in the industry.

Can we stop focussing on the negative issues we all know about? Can we post about the positives and how the professional nail industry can use this massive step up in nail services and do our best to improve the number of clients that are using professional nail services.

This is the best tool salons have had since I started doing nails! It appeals to the NATURAL NAIL CLIENTS and they are by far the biggest proportion of potential clients!!!!

With my impartial head on here this thread seems to be going down a Shellac vs Gelish discussion again!

I've said before that I believe this polish concept is the future of salon nails services. Like polishes, there is plenty of room for many brands. Everyone will have their favourites for many reasons.

Everyone knows the supply issues with Shellac! It isn't the fault of Sweet Squared. This is like 'shoot the messenger'!!! They are doing a great job under the circumstances.

Gelish is great too. It's different from Shellac!! Many brands are different from others!! Technicians need to make their own choices based on their experience.

In my opinion I hope both of these brands have a fabulous place in the industry.

Can we stop focussing on the negative issues we all know about? Can we post about the positives and how the professional nail industry can use this massive step up in nail services and do our best to improve the number of clients that are using professional nail services.

This is the best tool salons have had since I started doing nails! It appeals to the NATURAL NAIL CLIENTS and they are by far the biggest proportion of potential clients!!!!

Very well said! :green:

I have the Shellac but I have been waiting so long for the lamp to come into stock so my clients are still waiting too. S2 cant give a date. If you have a Brisa Vintage or the new CND lamp then definitely go for Shellac
This is my problem its getting a lamp. I have made my mind up I am going to hold out for shellac and I am phoning almost every day! I know the product is fantastic and worth waiting for.

Well said Marian!

It really doesn't need to go down the competitive route AGAIN!! There's absolutely no need for them and us. YES we all know Creative Nail systems are an AMAZING brand, and they have many years of experience behind them.

Nail Harmony is a very young brand, and so we had to be extra prepared for massive interest in Gelish as well as Reveal buff off gels and Fusion Acrylics.
Gelish has completely overwhelmed us and has had an even better response than we expected. HENCE the fact that we too sold out of Foundation and Top it off after just 8 weeks! We are lucky enough to have had help with emergency stocks from our european colleagues until our delivery arrived a few days later. We hope to never find ourselves in that position again but interest in Gelish keeps growing each day from all the geeks constantly talking about the great products available here, in adddition to Gelish pictures being posted constantly on our Facebook pages and also due to the exposure we have had in Grazia; GraziaDailyNail: Gelish is just delish!
and Irish TV:
TV3 - Video - Ireland AM,
and celebs such as J Lo and Hilary Duff to name a few all wearing Gelish!

So, Gelish is a fantastic product, and deserves the attention it is getting....but there's room for all of us out there and we can all live in Harmony!

As much as supply issues are a real nightmare the one good thing that comes of it is we all learn something about our own buying patterns.

Without overstocking ourselves with product, how long can we survive if stock isnt available. For some people its been only a few days before they were completely dry.

I never advise buying more than you need, but making sure you are stocked for a decent amount of time is vital on the PRODUCTS THAT CANT BE SUBSTITUTED.

If your fave finishing hand cream runs out....you can easily substitute til stock comes in but VITAL components should always be kept in stock.

This instance with shellac is extreme because of the length of time, but some people would have been losing business unfortunately even if it had only been a 1 or 2 week delay.

Something to be learned in every crisis

I've tired both shellac and gelish! And shellac wins every time. Shellac is in a league on it's own! Nothing compares to it. I'm not saying gellish isn't a good product, but it's nothing like shellac. Put it this way, if gellish was like shellac then it too would be sold out! When something is good everyone wants it! And everyone wants shellac all over the world! And they want it because it's new technology and it rocks!!!

trying desperately not to respond to your negativity!!! (clearly I am failing)

Has your only experience of Gelish been the Spanish rep who applied to one nail and you claimed it came off after a couple of hours? If so that's hardly a fair assessment of any product.

I have been applying Gelish to both myself and approx 20 clients in the last 3 weeks................... Guess what??? I have not had ONE single chip or any evidence of wear from ANYONE!!!!

So let's make a deal shall we.................you stop dissing a product so viciously that you haven't given a chance!!!

In response I will stop defending it so vociferously...............because believe me I have given both Shellac and Gelish more than a fair chance!

Is it a deal??????????????????????

Last edited:

Has your only experience of Gelish been the Spanish rep who applied to one nail and you claimed it came off after a couple of hours? If so that's hardly a fair assessment of any product.

I have been applying Gelish to both myself and approx 20 clients in the last 3 weeks................... Guess what??? I have not had ONE single chip or any evidence of wear from ANYONE!!!!

So let's make a deal shall we.................you stop dissing a product so viciously that you haven't given a chance!!!

In response I will stop defending it so vociferously...............because believe me I have given both Shellac and Gelish more than a fair chance!

I dont see him dissing gellish vicioulsy in any prev post?? I actually seen him say they were good:confused:

I will say this, I have not tried Gelish. I've only tried Shellac and Axxium gel polish. And Axxium wins hands down. The Shellac goes on beautifully and soaks off great. But it wears off alot more quickly than the Axxium. So I have to try this Gelish for myself and compare between the two.

I am currently using both Shellac and Gellish. I wouldn't have tried Gellish if I hadn't run out of Shellac topcoat. I love them both! I have found that they are super similar in application and removal. Out of desperiation I put the Gellish top it off over Shellac and it works great! Nobody can tell the difference and I don't have to put Shellac services on hold. I know lots of techs would greatly appose mixing product lines but in this instance there is no alternative. I've also used the Shellac french white with Gellish french pink and had great results - Just thought I'd throw that out there...

This is my problem its getting a lamp. I have made my mind up I am going to hold out for shellac and I am phoning almost every day! I know the product is fantastic and worth waiting for.
The PNI 36watt lamp works just great for Shellac.

ok well to start with im not DISSING gelish at all! FYI ive had gelish appied again the other week actualy and it didnt lift off.
it just chipped at the free edges.
ive tried alot of products in the past and to me gelish is more a gel than a varnish.
i could see gelish being fab over enhancements as a colour ( if the colours were better) but on a natural nail it just doesnt look natural. it actualy looks like youve got product on your nail. it also gives you that round look too at the free edge.
so once again SHELLAC is in a LEAGUE ON ITS OWN!!! theres nothing to compaire it too. so all these posts compairing shellac and gelish are pointless!!!!!!!!
i havnt got a problem with people using gelish as marian said, it has its place in the market!!
so will everyone please please please stop compairing lol
lets keep things Sweet and short.
shellac is shellac
and
gelish is gelish
:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok well to start with im not DISSING gelish at all! FYI ive had gelish appied again the other week actualy and it didnt lift off.
it just chipped at the free edges.
ive tried alot of products in the past and to me gelish is more a gel than a varnish.
i could see gelish being fab over enhancements as a colour ( if the colours were better) but on a natural nail it just doesnt look natural. it actualy looks like youve got product on your nail. it also gives you that round look too at the free edge.
so once again SHELLAC is in a LEAGUE ON ITS OWN!!! theres nothing to compaire it too. so all these posts compairing shellac and gelish are pointless!!!!!!!!
i havnt got a problem with people using gelish as marian said, it has its place in the market!!
so will everyone please please please stop compairing lol
lets keep things Sweet and short.
shellac is shellac
and
gelish is gelish
:hug:

I will let everyone else make their own mind up whether or not you are "dissing" Gelish:rolleyes:

such a shame you have experienced these problems.

Maybe I am just an amazing tech (wouldn't have classed myself as that) but in the last 4 weeks I have never experienced ANY of the things you mention. I have applied Gelish to approx 35 clients over the last 3 weeks and not ONE client has returned with or called to let me know any have chipped, in fact I have had 5 clients call to tell me how amazed they are with the results. every client has expressed amazement at how thin they look on the nail plate and that there are no bumps that they have experienced with traditional gel.

Just goes to show eh?

Anyway I would just like to thank you very much for illustrating to me that as a working Beauty Therapist with a keen interest in nails I am clearly a cut above with my application of Gelish as I haven't experienced any of the problems you have.

Keeping it Sweet and Living in Harmony are good for me :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
well . i bought shellac i couldnt use it as no lamp. i sold it and bought gelish and in 1 month it has paid for its self... i love the way georgie and jason from harmony,they treat the customers like family,, they remind me of steve and dawn from nouvatan .. quality service is what i offer my clients , And i want that from my suplyers ..:)

I too have used Gelish since the very beginning, in fact just before it was released in this country as I got my first order from Holland. I have had no problems whatsoever. The application is down to the individual applying it, if it is too thick then the application is too thick, like Shellac it is meant to be applied in thin coats.

Personally I don't give a monkey's if it is a gel or a polish or a mixture of anything really, what does it matter, it does the job.

As for Shellac, well, that is fab as well! I go back to what Marion said earlier, there is room for all of the new products, and there will be more and more and you can either enjoy the revolution and embrace the competition or let yourself miss out on the joy of this fabulous era! :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back