Insanity Workout?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question for all of you sporty geeks... I'm a bit disappointed with myself, been doing personal training twice a week, since the end of February. Also, have started spinning classes once a week, I am on no carbs diet since march. I follow my meal plans religiously and... Have only lost 4.5 kg (9pounds!!!) And haven't lost ANY body fat at all! I don't eat fruit, sweets, can't remember what pasta, potatoes, rice tastes like! I don't eat bread... All I eat is protein and vegetables. My pt is confused by all of this too as it just seems weird. I've been doing my meal diaries and she says she hast seen anyone being that good with their food in her years of experience, but why is my weight and body fat staying the same? I am overweight, so I do have weight to loose. I've lost inches, but why is my body fat not shifting? It's 39% ! I've lost 21 cm off my waist (around 7 inches) alone though :-(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmm are you eating enough? I used to go to the gym regularly but managed to gain fat and loose muscle as I wasn't eating enough before or after my workouts to fuel my body so it was constantly in starvation mode? That's the only thing I can think of anyway as the higher protein diet would also be my choice

Hmmmm are you eating enough? I used to go to the gym regularly but managed to gain fat and loose muscle as I wasn't eating enough before or after my workouts to fuel my body so it was constantly in starvation mode? That's the only thing I can think of anyway as the higher protein diet would also be my choice

That is what I'm thinking of lately. The thing is I'd wrecked my body with starving for so long, that I wonder, wether it's taking me forever to get it into shape :o I keep forgetting to eat if I'm honest and for years I used to starve myself to loose weight :( I remember for over a year I was only eating every 3 days and only a few hundred calories. Did work then but I think this is what is actually stopping me from getting into shape :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

It's the only thing I can think of. You need to fuel your body with the good stuff. Snack on cooked chicken, a handful of nuts or a piece if cheese. I'm always eating! Lol :)

Hey guys im doing the 30 day squat challenge as well as my DVD and I thought we could all use a little motivation :) has anyone seen an improvement in their bodies since they've started? Some of you must be getting close to the end now :) xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369317656.114946.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369317656.114946.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 66
Hey guys im doing the 30 day squat challenge as well as my DVD and I thought we could all use a little motivation :) has anyone seen an improvement in their bodies since they've started? Some of you must be getting close to the end now :) xxx

Hi I thought about doing this as well but figured Insanity was enough! I might start it after Insanity or on my second loop when I'm bit fitter.

Noticeable difference in my fitness - my body is slow to respond to everything! Have lost weight according to scales though so not worrying to hard that I don't look like Tanya from the fit test yet!

Hi I thought about doing this as well but figured Insanity was enough! I might start it after Insanity or on my second loop when I'm bit fitter.

Noticeable difference in my fitness - my body is slow to respond to everything! Have lost weight according to scales though so not worrying to hard that I don't look like Tanya from the fit test yet!

I think once you start noticing a difference it encourages you to keep going. Oh I'd love to be like Tanya I hate her lol I've only been doing mine for a few days but I feel better in myself, not eating crap and actually doing some exercise :) xx

I have been really rubbish this week, missed 3 days so I'm thinking il give up and start week 2 again on monday. Do you think that would be ok?

Week 6 day 1 brings a whole new meaning to Dig Deeper! Hows everyone getting on?

Week 6 day 1 brings a whole new meaning to Dig Deeper! Hows everyone getting on?

I'm stalling on starting week 6 - due to start tomorrow but wondering if I should repeat weeks 1-4 to raise my fitness bit more before starting the horror that is max interval!!!

I found doing the fit test and max interval circuit a real shock to the system. It's nice to see Shaun T and the others struggling too! Got to say I really appreciate the 40 minute programmes now :)

So happy to see other girls mad enough to take on insanity!! :D
I did the first month lost a stone and an inch and a half from my tummy and butt which was where I wanted to shift it! It's great and if you can get past the first couple of weeks pain you should be set. :D I did not follow the meal plan but I did increase protein in my diet to help with the muscle repair, it really does help with the next morning ache too! I'm now switching over to do the 60 day combat workouts also from beach body. They have 3 different calendar plans depending on how intense you want to workout so I'm hitting it full force with the hardest! I figured if I can get through a month of insanity it will be a piece of cake! Lol has anyone else done the combat 60 day programme?

I haven't heard of that one but I'll take a look. I'm planning on trying Focus T25 when it's released. It's much easier to fit in 25 mins than 55!

So glad to find this thread. I got the DVD set on Saturday, bought a new fridge load of new and improved (AKA, healthy food) and just done my first fit test.

I've been going to the gym daily and do quite a few weights and a fair bit of cardio, but maaaaaaaaan, that fit test was hard!

My results for Fit Test Day 1:

Switch Kicks 120 reps
Power Jacks 33 reps
Power knees 68 reps
Power Jumps 23 reps
Globe jumps 26 reps (but not much room to do them in)
Suicide Jumps 3, yes just 3 reps
Push-up Jacks not even one. I did press-ups instead and only managed 11 of them
low Plank Oblique 30 reps

Day 2 here I come.....

Is anyone else still doing insanity ?Ive started this week on day 4 today. Hoping to be beach bod fit for september!!!

day 9 insanity done!! was pure cardio today makes me want to vom! enjoying it so far its def keeping me motivated and im finding it easy to get up in the morn and do it then rather than late at night . I should complete it all the day im due to go on hols in sept so its def a motivation to keep on track with it as i want to be beach bod ready!!!

I did instanity for a week and a half - and my god do i miss it. Its amazing what change it does to your body and fitness.

I want to get back into it but keep putting it off :sad: I saw an advert the other day about his Hip Hop Abs which also looks good and its only £19.95 +postage has anyone does the Hip Hop Abs?

Hi all planning on starting this Monday (tomorrow!)! I e attempted the p90x before so kinda know what I'm letting myself in for but I'll keep you updated 😺 little bit scared but very excited!! Think my hubby will be trying it with me so have a work out buddy too

Its my rest day tomo then im starting week 4. its bloody hard work but i am in a routine now getting up early and getting it out the way theres no way id have the energy to attempt it in the evenings.x

Tomorrow will be my start of week two. I'm actually feeling rather proud of myself as I quit smoking (after about 12years-just went cold turkey) on Saturday, cut out any alcohol and limited my caffeine. Along with cutting out junk and take aways and getting my ass out of bed at 6:45 to do the insanity work outs and I'm feeling AMAZING! I realise how unhealthy that sounds now that I said that. (I'm only about 9 stone and under 30) I'm actually excited for tomorrow's work out.

Does anyone take supplements and recovery formula? If so which ones?

Latest posts

Back