Intimate waxing - Strip or No Strip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranbaby

Reaction score
I've been doing all my intimate waxes with the stripless wax (Perron Rigot-Cerepil in the States) and have had good results so far. I'm one to also wax the inner labia with no problems of grazing or anything of the nature. I just had mine waxed last week and the girl used a strip wax and it went so much faster! Didn't even hurt that bad either(I know some of you had mentioned that strip can be painfull). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if I should be moving over to strips, or even if I could do a combination of the two. Strip on the big areas like the bikini line, outer labia, and the mons. Then use stripless in the small, hard to get areas like the inner labia, anal and vaginal regions, and so on. What are your thoughts on this?

You'll get for and against answers as we all like to work differently.

I only ever use Perron Rigot non strip wax on intimate areas. Aside from my clients saying that they find it doesn't sting at all afterwards, whereas they found that strip wax did, it isn't sticky and that's worth it's weight in gold.

In addition to Kims reply, I find that I myself and my clients suffer from less ingrown hairs with non strip wax than with strip wax. Somthing to do with less trauma to the skin as non strip wax doesn't stick to the skin, just the hair as far as I am aware.

But as Kim said, definately pro's and cons... it is all down to personal preference. All you can do is give it a try and see how you and your clients like it.

i could never get on with non-strip wax, i got in a right mess lol so i use strips and i find it effective. non-strip wax is probli better for intimiate waxing as it can get out really short hairs but i was useless with it.

Now that you mention the ingrown hair thing.....I did get a few more and I think I got more wax rash with my last service done on me cause she used strips instead of not. Interesting! Thank you!

I've never used non-strip wax so I couldnt tell you... sounds like it's worth a try though :!:

I love my non strip wax! For me it's the only way to do intimate waxing, kinder to the skin, less sticky. Love it, Love it x

I combo, strip wax as if im doing an extended bikini, and non-strip on labia. also the strip wax is much faster which i find people like on their butt crack, as to not be exposed while it sets... I guess its just preference. Strip was CAN be painfull if the esthetician dont use oil or talc. Keep that in mind!

I only use strip wax on braz waxes and have yet to have any problems, and my clients tell me it was the least painful braz wax they have ever had. I am a strong believer that technique is much more important that type of wax. If you are happy with the wax you are using, then stay with it.

None strip wax hun is the way to go for mexxx

Always used non strip wax and never had any complaints. I have probably done in excess of 20,000 waxes and no complaints. Only every bruised one girl (on a bikini wax) because she lunged forward as I took the strip off and caused the skin to sag.

I do find it sticky though and whilst I havent had complaints about the pain aspect or any side effects I would say that hot wax is probably better. As its warmer it opens up the follicles more and dosnt stick to the skin. If you get a client thats excessively hairy or the hair grows in various directions or is experiences different stages of growth so some hairs are shorter that others I can see how hot wax (non strip) performs better.

I am ordering perron rigot next week, as I only ever did a couple of sessions in college on it so need some practice myself. But in a salon I would be tempted to use both. I already have 3 types of warm wax for different areas or hair types so adding another isnt a problem in my eyes.

I have only had strip hollywood waxes (mostly done by myself) but if i was booking in a salon I wouldnt have any preference given the choice, but thats because I have been waxing my bits for ovber 10 years and pain is no longer a factor. New clients though may be better with non strip wax to begin with. But then I have only ever had one client not return for a brazilian because of the pain. As most clients tell you, no pain no gain so they do expect it to hurt (especially if they are on there period on the day of the wax) but as therapists we should look at making it as comfortable and pain free as possible using a combination of good techniques and good products!

number1kitty: I know this is an oldish-thread, but this just floored me "I have only had strip hollywood waxes (mostly done by myself)"
I have tried many types of waxes on my pink parts (finding, by the way, that hard wax does lead to less ingrowns somehow) but a Hollywood? even if you have a several mirrors, surgical lighting, great wax, and incredible confidence, how do you get a good pull on yourself at some angles? I bruised up a tender area (on myself thankfully) trying to get this just right. What's your secret? Please please please tell!:green:

number1kitty: I know this is an oldish-thread, but this just floored me "I have only had strip hollywood waxes (mostly done by myself)"
I have tried many types of waxes on my pink parts (finding, by the way, that hard wax does lead to less ingrowns somehow) but a Hollywood? even if you have a several mirrors, surgical lighting, great wax, and incredible confidence, how do you get a good pull on yourself at some angles? I bruised up a tender area (on myself thankfully) trying to get this just right. What's your secret? Please please please tell!:green:

You said it all there lol!!!

The front and underneath is a doddle. I just pull down and pull the wax up. Behind is far more amusing lol!!!!! I will leave that to your imagination haha!

i have only recently started using non strip wax due to client demand. i cant beleive the difference especially on intimate areas. brill for underarms and hollywoods, clients who found strip wax discomforting, sticky, reacted or were sore after have now been converted to this new wax. i love the fact with perron rigot you put the oil on first its like the wax shrinkwraps and grabs the hair. making it more effective and effcient, i love it. i myself am so sensitive cream strip waxes pulled off too much skin and i was uncomfortable for days, now its great i actually forget i've been waxed :lol:

Hiya :)

I have just ordered Berins blue for this very reason :), although I have been using strip wax with good effect for a couple of months I want to use the Berins to see if it does what it says on the tin :green:

xx

I combo, strip wax as if im doing an extended bikini, and non-strip on labia. also the strip wax is much faster which i find people like on their butt crack, as to not be exposed while it sets... I guess its just preference. Strip was CAN be painfully if the esthetician dont use oil or talc. Keep that in mind!

Couldnt agree more....
This is a very personnel choice kind of thing but from what I have seen recently it would seem that from a time,cost and client comfort perspective that a combination of strip wax for larger areas and a non strip wax for detailed areas where a harder working wax removal is required works well.

Once you have tried this method you will be amazed at how effectively and quickly you can do things.

It clearly is important to use pre and post wax applications to reduce rash and possible ingrown hair problems.

HTH

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back