Is anyone doing a course with home-learn.co.uk?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey all! :)

well ive decided fully now im deffo going for the EN course ive read some more posts on the course and its all good i think ive made the right choice personally.

im glad i didnt go with that home learn uk...companies like that should be reported and closed down! rip off merchants
so has anyone done the professional acrylic and maintance through EN???

Hi hun, I have done the gel, maintenance, and Im now doing the acrylic sculpt course...so if I can help in any way please feel free to pm me ..x

hey suzie49 could i add you as a friend please?

hey all! :)

well ive decided fully now im deffo going for the EN course ive read some more posts on the course and its all good i think ive made the right choice personally.

im glad i didnt go with that home learn uk...companies like that should be reported and closed down! rip off merchants
so has anyone done the professional acrylic and maintance through EN???

Good for you hun i did the gel and maintenance course and really enjoyed them im planing on starting the arcylic one soon so good luck to you hunni x

Hi PIP i've just qualified with EN i did the Acrylics. Im now planning on doing the maintenance next and then the Nail Art course after. They are good courses and i really enjoyed doing the acrylics althou it wasnt easy for me trying to fit it in with work and the kids. Im also going onto further training with Creative in january.

I also see your from my home town :green: Me and hubby were up in grantham at the weekend visiting our parents and the rest of the family. We have been living down south for the past 7 years due to hubby's work xxx

hey!!!

all the courses sound really good through EN but ill just focus on doing this one first and then make abit of money and that will pay for the next one! lol.

thats a shame you had to move! but then again i dont blame you grantham isnt how it used to be, do you prefer living else where?

:)

hey!!!

thats a shame you had to move! but then again i dont blame you grantham isnt how it used to be, do you prefer living else where?

:)
Most definitely :lol:

thats good then do you come back regular?
:hug:

Hi there

I'd just like to point out to you that Kazmak who has done the Essential Nails course is now booked on the Creative Foundation + Spa (manicure + pedicure) course next year thats approximately £600 (don't know the correct amount ring Sweet Squared on 0845 2106060, it will be less for just the L+P course only). Thats not much more more than the £420 you quoted for the EN L&P and Maintenance courses you seem dead keen to enrol on. Have you asked Kazmak why she has gone on to enrol on training with Creative as basically she has ended up spending over £1000 on courses altogether.

Please note I have said twice on this thread by doing a home learn course you'll end up spending more money in the long run, I'm not trying to be kill joy but I am trying to save you a lot of money, less frustration and in turn much better training.

Also you said you have done your homework ok have you rung some of your local salons and asked them if they will employ you, or rent you a chair if you have done a home learn course with EN? Ok you may want to work mobile but is this going to be the case forever?

hope that helps and good luck with your choices

Anne

Last edited:
Hi hun
Im just about to start the En course in gel nails.
I looked at that home study course aswell, but also thought it sounded abit dodgy. xx

are you doing the gel and maintance or just the gel? hope you have fun on your course hopefully ill be starting mine asap...can i add you to my friends list please?

Where are u doing your gel nails course Hun?

Yeah the gel and maintenence hun.
feel free to add me. xx

well im doing the acrylic and maintance through essential nails...

sara how are you finding your course?

x

I looked into doing a beauty theory course this way, but on researching into it a bit more, you will find that it is very hard to practice as no salon will take you on without insurance and no one insures you when you do it via home learning as it is a more practical based course..
I checked with haabia and other institutes and they all recommended doing the NVQ via a collage or other institutes..

well im going with essential nails now not started the course yet but thats my final decision and they are approved by habia etc and can get insured by the guilds :)

I'm sure you'll do really well, good luck and enjoy the course and if you need any help just pm me..xx

hi i am doing the essential nails airbrushing course, i have done my nail tec course at collage it was a night course which suited me fine as i work 9-5 & am also a hairdresser,does your collage not have a nite course you could do? i tryed to take the essential nails course in gel but gave up & went to collage ,i think if you have never done nails b4 its the right way to go as u get one on one training.:)

well i tried getting on a night course at college but it was full up and the next one is next september and next year i want to do my level 3 hairdressing

Hi, i did this course and to behonest it was ok at the start. When i got into it i needed to spend an extra fortune buying equipment to enable me to do the work. They supply you with the acrylic bits and bobs but nothing to do the gels or fibreglass with. They also want you to do some nail's (manicure side of things) with heated mits which again i did not have. You have to send back your assignments to them which you can do on line, which I found very helpful, although at times they took forever to send them back. I did also have a few questions on certain things which when I tried to ring them they said email my tutor, which I did but the response I got ( 3 weeks later) was something along the lines of they are not a specific home learning and therefore could not answer my question. This really hacked me off, so i signed up for a sally's course and that was fab, because even though the course could teach me everything, sally's made sure i was doing it correctly! I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back