Is Dermalogica the way to go??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are alot of fake dermalogica products on ebay, mainly from china. My therapist told me, yes they are cheaper but not the real thing. If the therapist explains this to her clients im sure they would not put their skin at risk by buying from anywhere other than her beauty therapist, especially after paying out for a dermalogica facial. I certainly wouldnt !

Hi,

Thanks for you reply I didn't realise there is a lot of fake stuff being sold on the net how naive am I:rolleyes:

Thanks again

Kate :hug:

Hi

Personally I wouldn't go for a brand that everyone can buy on the net ebay etc :confused: what is the point in that?? I like the idea of something exclusive that nobody can get except from me, to m ethat's the whole point of being professional, to provide a unique service:rolleyes:

Just my opinion

Kate xx

The other thing to remember is that clients can buy just about anything they like off the internet nowadays. It's our job to educate them about buying from reputable salons (us!) and not eBay.

Hi

Personally I wouldn't go for a brand that everyone can buy on the net ebay etc :confused: what is the point in that?? I like the idea of something exclusive that nobody can get except from me, to m ethat's the whole point of being professional, to provide a unique service:rolleyes:

Just my opinion

Kate xx

I totally agree a professional brand that can be bought on ebay is not good for business and also some of the brands are also available in home bargain stores at big discount prices these are supplied by the companies (I know) also I would not go for a company that sells its products on qvc this cheapens the brand.

All this to think about, what ever you choose I do recommend that you do not go for a wholesale or catalogue brand as you will be going backwards.

Good luck

I personally wouldn't go spending £2-4k on a new facial range, especially one that is so market saturated.

Just because the range is popular & familiar doesn't mean clients are going to flock through the door. I used a familiar range myself for about 15 years but we hardly did any facials & sold very little retail.

I now use Algologie which (apart from the discussions on here), is still relatively unknown. However our clients love the facials & body treatments. Business on these treatments has increased, as has our retailing.

There are many other companies out there where you can get going for hundreds instead of thousands.

Hi I have Nimue and it is still too early to tell whether it will take off. However I do know of someone who does very well working from home from it - someone with no website and no front window. The rejuvenation facial from Nimue should be really popular as it is a great treatment, I have thought about offering it with a money back guarantee as I am so convinced by it.

I presume you have had a open day/evening where you have promoted the range? I too have worried about it not being well known but I feel this should not be a barrier to sucess. In the 1980's I used to demonstrate a pro makeup brand no one had heard of - it sold like hotcakes. Promotion has to be worth a try.

You mention the high cost - but Nimue lasts for a long time and you do not need endless products, little jars of this and that. You can also promote the refills.

If you do feel you should change I would think very carefully about spending several thousand pounds on another brand that is market saturated. I would spend time reflecting why retailing/facials is a weak area before making expensive decisions. :)

I personally don't feel its mad to go with Dermalogica just because you only do a few a week. If those few a week buy products its going to boost your earnings. People will come to you because you use Dermalogica. You will get repeat custom.

Just my honest opinon.

Becki xxxx

This is just the same as saying have brand XX because you can retail that and get extra profit. All good skincare companies have retail and the best have retail training to help. So this is now different. You may get 1 or 2 new people because you stock dermalogica but not enough to justify spending 2/4k. If you went for XX brand you will get 2 or 3 new clients because they want that brand.

Believe in yourself, clients will come to you because you are a good therapist too.

My advice is to go with a premiere brand that does not want you do outlay 2/4k

This is just the same as saying have brand XX because you can retail that and get extra profit. All good skincare companies have retail and the best have retail training to help. So this is now different. You may get 1 or 2 new people because you stock dermalogica but not enough to justify spending 2/4k. If you went for XX brand you will get 2 or 3 new clients because they want that brand.

Believe in yourself, clients will come to you because you are a good therapist too.

My advice is to go with a premiere brand that does not want you do outlay 2/4k

As I said my honest opinon is that I think Dermalogica is worth it. I have recouped my costs and do get new clients with Dermalogica. My honest opinon!!!!

hi there do you know what the start up cost with dermalogica is?

4 days since my dermalogica facial and ive been using my dermal clay cleanser and skin smoothing cream morning and night and my skin feels and looks wonderfull, i feel glowing ! i cant wait till i can buy the rest ~ toner, eye cream, exfoliator etc. Im buying a product a week :lol:

hi there do you know what the start up cost with dermalogica is?

start up cost is 4k but they do not supply home salons or mobile therapists either.

nimue is a fab product and i know it works but ive had such poor support frm the distributor plus im paying a lot more for it than the uk. on fri i recieved a starter kit and i really cant remember ordering it it was that long ago. what is the point of trying to retail etc if you cant get the stock to your shop. still undecided its a lot of money not to make back.

start up cost is 4k but they do not supply home salons or mobile therapists either.
Has this changed lately, because I had a Dermalogica facial only last month at a home salon? I knew they didn't supply mobile therapists though :confused:

Hi If NImue is not working for you - why don't you do some research about what your clients are looking for and a brand that provides good support where you are situated. I undertand your reasoning about going for Dermalogica but if you were really positive about it you would not be so unsure and gathering advice here. Why not go for a less expensive brand and take the pressure off yourself? Like others have said there are many to choose from and other salons retail well from products other than Dermalogica. :lol:

Has this changed lately, because I had a Dermalogica facial only last month at a home salon? I knew they didn't supply mobile therapists though :confused:

I do not think the rules have changed recently, this could be a home based salon who once was or a shop or has just crept through the net. it hapens

I do not think the rules have changed recently, this could be a home based salon who once was or a shop or has just crept through the net. it hapens

I think Glamour beauty is right. to my knowledge it hasn't changed.

I think its gone up to 4k because:
a)new products have been added.
b)Yearly price increase.

HTH

Becki xxx

Hi

I have been a dermalogica salon for many years (about 14-15) I have used it myself for that amount of time too.

I think its a brilliant product. The business support is excellent, you get free training on a huge range of skin care issues plus business classes.

They are constantly adding new products to the range.

They give you free samples, bags and other promotional items which is great.

If you do go with dermalogica they also give you support for advertising based on your spend.

I have a good walk in clientèle for dermalogica sales, as i have a good reputation of being a reliable stockist. I have a dermalogica sign above the door which is what initially brings them into my salon.

Personally i would say go for it, they help you so much and i believe it is one of the best ranges on the market. Its very client friendly.

There have been a few problems recently with black market stock being sold on the Internet but dermalogica are trying to deal with this. You get this will all popular brands though eg. Paul Mitchell, cnd, st tropez.........etc

From a business point of view i find it very successful, and i like that it is exclusively supplied to salons only!

who do you all use that dont use dermalogica?

Ive just started using Eve Taylor. The range isn't as extensive as Dermalogica but they do make part of the dermalogica range! It smells fab and as a long term dermalogica user I thought I would never change but I have! :) Their start up mobile package is about £130 and I have done 6 facials with it and still lots of product left. Charging £32 for a facial so am quids up already!

Due to do their training so will be able to pick up more hints and tips and selling advice. Did research of lots of brands but this was the best with the lowest start up. As we all know start up costs can crucify! And if we make a mistake they can sit on shelf!:!:

Good luck and lol!

I have too just bought the mobile kit from eve taylor - the products are lovely, i use dermalogica at college and the smells are very similar as Eve Taylor make the oils for Dermalogica. They have just brought out a new hand cream too which is lovely.

Latest posts

Back