Is Dermalogica the way to go??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, at the min I only do around 2-3 facials a week. my bread & butter is nails but i love doing facials and i think im pretty good at them! i have nimue in at present but its so expensive for me to stock plus no ones heard of it and are reluctant to invest in something so dear.Even though im in northern ireland i ve to buy frm dublin so im losing a fortune due to the euro plus higher vat etc. i feel ive poor support from them (they dont have a rep) plus you have to pay for EVERYTHING eg bags, samples etc the latest is ive to pay £120 to send girls on training. so, today i had the dermalogica girl out and i am very tempted. its so well known - i think you could do well out of the retail side of things plus its a lot more economically priced - £20 for a start up kit as opposed to £45 for nimue.
so, is it worth investing in dermalogica? will my facials be flying out the door?! they give you a lot of business support and training is free but am i going to end up throwing another couple of grand away again?

How come youve been quoted £20 for a Dermalogica start up kit then:confused:, I was quoted £3,500....hmmmmm

ha ha i mean for client to pay - the wee travel kits! i wish!

he he, I was going to say Sarah, Id snap their hand off for that price. I went with Susan Molyneux in the end, mid price range, helpful staff, good training, but I get your point with dermalogica, its a difficult one and I believe it is up to the individual to decide whats best for them, good luck with what ever you decide

have a look at SwissDermyl too...

Dermalogica, my clients and i swear by it, xx

i wouldn't touch a skin company that offers no support and charges for training. i have just spoken with one who told me to look on line for training!! what the hell is that about?!!

I love dermalogica, and would offer it like a shot if I had the money to start up with, best of luck with whatever you do x

dermalogica is not the best on the market but it is a million miles from the worst and the training support and brand awarness is fantastic.

who do you all use that dont use dermalogica?

hi all i think im gonna go for it, they've offered me a good deal and flexible payment. i have tried and tried to make nimue work but im just throwing money away. i got some prices yesterday and the diff between a bottle of cleanser in the uk & for me is £5 a bottle!! plus i get absolutely no support - the last rep came last august and wait till you hear what she worked at before- selling red bull, no beauty experience at all. i have said to a few clients today about dermalogica and they are all familiar with it and a lot of them use it so ive got clients ready to book already. the sales & training support is excellent plus the training facilities are just 1/2hr up the rd as opposed to a 3 hr train journey each way over 3 days that i had with nimue.

have you spoken to head office about your woes? They may well be able to support you better...

Dermalogica is a well established, recognised and respected product however the main reason that I didn't go for it is because there are already 5 salons in my town that use it. I felt that the local market was already saturated with the stuff.

What are your local competition using?

If you are only doing a few facials a week going for demalogic seems mad. There are lots of other brands out there that are just as good and spa brands too who will offer you lower start up costs with free training. free samples and point of sale too.
Look under facial brands in the search option and look at some threads.

I personally don't feel its mad to go with Dermalogica just because you only do a few a week. If those few a week buy products its going to boost your earnings. People will come to you because you use Dermalogica. You will get repeat custom.

Just my honest opinon.

Becki xxxx

what I mean is 2/3 or 4 K is a lot to spend on 2 or 5 clients a week. Just because you are a Dermalogica salon does not guarantee anymore clients. Decleor or Clarins also have a following but nobody can guarantee clients. I still think go for a range that does not make you purchase such a large quantity but still gives the quality that is needed.

hi all
i'll try answer all qus!!
firstly, with regards to spking to nimues head office - its a family run business and its their daughter who has everything to do with nimue, its her i spk to every time i put an order in. so thats no good!!
yes i agree dermalogica is everywhere, its one of the reasons i went with nimue. but then no1 had heard of it and bought anything!! in my town theres a good few but only 1 real main compeditor nearby
still thinking about it. if i thought it would push business my way then i would go for it but i could end up spending and still be no better of!! plus ith this whole credit crunch thing going on.... sometimes i think ijust like spending!!!

although i am trained beauty therapist i don't practice, nails are my gig but i thought i would just say, i had a Dermalogica facial the day before yesterday and i cannot tell you how absolutely fantastic it was !!! As a customer point of view, i came away feeling not only relaxed and pampered but also that it had done amazing things for my skin, she did what was needed, and acheived results, my skin has never felt so good. I purchased some cleanser and i went back yesterday to buy the moisturiser she reccommended as i really didnt want to ruin my beautifull new skin :)lol:) with my old crappy moisturiser. I have re-booked and i am DEFINATELY going to go and have a facial once a month. Initially i went to treat myself but now i feel it is a necesity ! I think you should go for it - if you feel you do a good facial then you will be fab with Dermalogica.

Hi

Personally I wouldn't go for a brand that everyone can buy on the net ebay etc :confused: what is the point in that?? I like the idea of something exclusive that nobody can get except from me, to m ethat's the whole point of being professional, to provide a unique service:rolleyes:

Just my opinion

Kate xx

Hi

Personally I wouldn't go for a brand that everyone can buy on the net ebay etc :confused: what is the point in that?? I like the idea of something exclusive that nobody can get except from me, to m ethat's the whole point of being professional, to provide a unique service:rolleyes:

Just my opinion

Kate xx

There are alot of fake dermalogica products on ebay, mainly from china. My therapist told me, yes they are cheaper but not the real thing. If the therapist explains this to her clients im sure they would not put their skin at risk by buying from anywhere other than her beauty therapist, especially after paying out for a dermalogica facial. I certainly wouldnt !

Latest posts

Back