is it cheating..new smile line stickers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not for me either, i used to use white tips a couple of years ago but have since learned the permanent french technique and love it!

each to their own i guess xxxxxxx

well said joanne but do you think 'they' will be still be a nail tech in 5 years??
start as you mean to go i say xx
i reckon they will still be nail technicians in five years time...charging "15 quid with free nail art" :lol:

I could see teenagers using these for a quick set of nails.

But a pro using these, not to professional in MY opinion. People pay good money for a decent set of nails, give them a decent set.

Are they better then NSS nails if someone wanted a cheap set for a special occasion for a day? Maybe.

well we got them in our salon to try them out (we don't like to think we are missing out on something good out there :lol: ) ...we done two things, first we applied them instead of doing a P&L white rebalance onto one of our girls and put acrylic over them. then we used another set on someone instead of painting on the white as part of a french polish finish. In both cases we found them very time consuming and fiddley. they were much harder to shape than specified (ie it says file off the edges but this causes the sticker to move :irked: )

The polished hands looked great and did last well in fairness - although it takes much longer for the polish to harden over the sticker area and it is easy to crease the sticker during this time - the polish was dry and hard on the nail bed area but still soft on the sticker if that makes sense! The acrylic ones did not last well at all. the acrylic was lifting off the stickers after a couple of days (even though we primed the stickers).

Our verdict....well they are sitting in the drawer in the nail bar and if they had of come with a "satisfaction or your money back" offer they'd be gone out the door weeks ago!!

Hope this helps you!

well we got them in our salon to try them out (we don't like to think we are missing out on something good out there :lol: ) ...we done two things, first we applied them instead of doing a P&L white rebalance onto one of our girls and put acrylic over them. then we used another set on someone instead of painting on the white as part of a french polish finish. In both cases we found them very time consuming and fiddley. they were much harder to shape than specified (ie it says file off the edges but this causes the sticker to move :irked: )

The polished hands looked great and did last well in fairness - although it takes much longer for the polish to harden over the sticker area and it is easy to crease the sticker during this time - the polish was dry and hard on the nail bed area but still soft on the sticker if that makes sense! The acrylic ones did not last well at all. the acrylic was lifting off the stickers after a couple of days (even though we primed the stickers).

Our verdict....well they are sitting in the drawer in the nail bar and if they had of come with a "satisfaction or your money back" offer they'd be gone out the door weeks ago!!

Hope this helps you!

this is great...there you go...tried , tested , and crashed....:lol: xxx

Well, I have to admit I've tried some things and wasted my money so you're not on your own.
You can always get rid of them on ebay:lol:

So i've been practicing my smile all this time and all i needed was a 1 pence piece and a tip ex mouse??????????????

Damn!

Now I don't mind pre tayloring white tips to give me a fab smile line, I dont mind perfecting my smile line second time round at a rebalance with my choosen media, may it be L&P, Gel or Paint on More Than White, but I dont think I will bother cutting cute little smiles into paper stuff thingy plastic sort of look-alike-stuff, now that is a bit to much faffing about for me.....yes they remind me of the tipex on a roll mousie thingy.....
I am not sold on this xxx

I dont like the idea of those stickers...i have not used them, but it is my personal opinion that they do take away from what a nail tech is supposed to do. We are nail technicians because of our skills, stickers sort of bypass that skill and i would be worried that clients may think that the tech who is using these stickers is not capable of creating nice, crisp smile lines, i wouldn't use them..just my opinion :D

Now I don't mind pre tayloring white tips to give me a fab smile line, I dont mind perfecting my smile line second time round at a rebalance with my choosen media, may it be L&P, Gel or Paint on More Than White, but I dont think I will bother cutting cute little smiles into paper stuff thingy plastic sort of look-alike-stuff, now that is a bit to much faffing about for me.....yes they remind me of the tipex on a roll mousie thingy..... I am not sold on this xxx

lol.... so true hunnio.... they look just like them tipex things!:lol:

looks a bit fiddly to me, and waaaaaaay too white, however there should be no such thing as "too easy" products will continue to develop (your supplier may be selling something similar in the near future, when they say it's OK to use it, will that change your mind)? We should adjust accordingly to new products & methods (or be left behind) no matter how "easy" something looks it still requires a certain degree of skill and "the professional eye", the "eye" can never be replaced, thats what sets us aside from the general public. Nearly every product we use has an equivalent available in drugstores, pharmacies, supermarkets and the like, but it's the "eye" and customisation that will always set us aside.

my opinion when i first saw them advertised and my opinion still is
they look like those rubbery corrector sheet things, i wouldnt use them as now i am skilled enough (not brilliant) to do whites using powder ,and i get one great big thrill when i have done a set of pink and whites,
also backfills arent the "struggle" they once where when i first started out...so for myself i wouldnt use them, but there are nail technicians who have posted with problems with pink and white and backfills, like all of us at the beginning when our smiles were frowns, if they had come out when we first started out would we have used them....what i am saying is for the nail technician on the begining of their skills journey are they going to think ok i dont have to struggle anymore i can use these, which is a real shame because all of us have struggled and come out the other side, and glad of the achievment.
i think things like this is a real shame really because how many new nail technicians will be buying these and still using them in 5 years time, without ever having that journey of screaming at our selves for not being able to do smiles and backfills, and 5 years later being chuffed at our acheivments, by sticking with it and pushing ourslelves so we can be skillful at pink and whites/backfills etc.

Couldn't agree more. I only qualified in gels a few months ago and my smiles are pants. If I went down this road they'd never get any better. I really hope other new nail technicians don't think of this as the easy option. Just gotta keep practising.

i read in the nailorder catalogue that they are working on producing them with different smilelines.

Latest posts

Back