Is There A Market For Weekend Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you do more training if it was available at weekends???

• yes definately

Votes: 357 83.4%
  • Nope, can get there in the week no probs

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • wouldnt make any difference to me

Votes: 46 10.7%

• Total voters
I would do more courses if they were available on the weekend, Im changin jobs and will only get 22 days hol this year and I wanna go on at least 3 more courses already done 2 x

i hope there is a lot of training companies reading this and realising there is money in them there weekends

i know i would be there every weekend for sure

come on creative,help us train instead of getting hangovers at the weekend lol
xxxxx

What an excellent thread Amb. YES DEFINATELY. i have to book at day off everytime i want to do one, or wag it LOL! i'd be on one every weekend if they did it.

what would this weekend course entail, just a brush up on your skills or something else, just the other day i had a girl in my salon that did quite a short course.....which entitled her to buy that companies product, it smelt like a scam to me, companies saying you cannot buy their product without training, yet give such little training , just to entitle them to buy that companies product .......... but in reality, i suppose some training is better than NONE

nailzoo said:
what would this weekend course entail, just a brush up on your skills or something else, just the other day i had a girl in my salon that did quite a short course.....which entitled her to buy that companies product, it smelt like a scam to me, companies saying you cannot buy their product without training, yet give such little training , just to entitle them to buy that companies product .......... but in reality, i suppose some training is better than NONE

Same thing that the week day course would entail:lol: .....it would just mean that some of us can get to it easier (with childcare/jobs etc)...ie....pre masters training or conversions or...skillbuilding workshops ...or Nail Art days....or Spray tanning Training.....

Amb x

I think it is a fab idea Amber, would certainly make things easier for me

Yep, I would definatley be interested in weekend training (as long as it didn't cost extra!)

It would make everything easier, finding a model for my foundation was a nightmare and now I'd love to take a skill building course but am stuck with the same problem, everyone works or has children to look after, and it's not cheap getting Amy collected from school and looked after until I get back either.

weekend training would be a brilliant idea.

I voted Yes for weekends too, as like many others i work full time and any days off I have for courses are taken as holiday.

I would be very interested in a Tantrick weekend course, as i am thinking of buying the Mini-mist soon :biggrin:

Hi All -
Hope everyone is well. I remember many moons ago when we first started doing the Foundation Course and they were 3 days, we held them on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday; we used to hold Masters and Conversions on Sunday's. Guess what, we had no lives... BUT, Samuel is not only considering weekend choices, but also 6:00 to 9:00pm evening courses over a longer period time.

Over the last 5 years, we have accomplished SO much training, that I think weekends would have been impossible. Now that the team is larger, it is possible to give more choices. I know plenty of the CND Ambassadors already offer weekends but I think you will all see much more of it soon AND from HQ! HTH's answer any queries! :Grope:

Definitely, I work full time all week, so weekends would be great for training.

Mrs Geek said:
Hi All -
Hope everyone is well. I remember many moons ago when we first started doing the Foundation Course and they were 3 days, we held them on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday; we used to hold Masters and Conversions on Sunday's. Guess what, we had no lives... BUT, Samuel is not only considering weekend choices, but also 6:00 to 9:00pm evening courses over a longer period time.

Over the last 5 years, we have accomplished SO much training, that I think weekends would have been impossible. Now that the team is larger, it is possible to give more choices. I know plenty of the CND Ambassadors already offer weekends but I think you will all see much more of it soon AND from HQ! HTH's answer any queries! :Grope:
Mrs Geek I could kiss your hubby, but will resist:lol:

Evenings and weekends, YAY Creative.

em x

It would be fantastic if there were more weekend or evening courses. I was looking at Creative training and thought my luck was in as they are running the Foundation Course in the evening, sadly my nearest training centre isn't taking part in the evening courses. When courses are run in the daytime they work out even more expensive as you have to take time off work so you lose out on wages and when you add this loss onto the course fees the courses are a lot more expensive than you thought.

Joan

I would love to have the option of training on a weekend -no chilcare to pay or time off work!!:green: Unfortunately, not many companies round here offer it, its al weekdays or week eves, which is near enough impossible for me as my husband works unsociable hours!:rolleyes:

Yes most definitely.

When i did my Creative conversion i had to take a day off and so did my model - which i hated having to ask her to do (mind you this was only because i couldn't wait for the conversion at Nottingham - which would of been at the weekend.

I then did my skill building at Notts on a Sunday and that was so much better fo me and my model - though i'm not sure she would say that the state i did her nails, talk about nervous:lol:

Definately,weekend/evening courses would be fantastic.

weekends are the the most popular classes for my students, they dont take time off work and dont have any childcare issues which are allways a problem.!! I find evening workshops good on small specific topics as this keeps the cost down for the student and can be done out of hours. For a more intenise course i find evenings not long enough, you realy get in to something, everyone is working well and before you know where you are time has gone! Its nice to be able to offer both as this suits the majority and not the minority. Some times students dont allways have the time to fit in to the "right boxes" and this flexablilty helps the student to feel like an individual not a number.

nailaholic said:
I would love to have the option of training on a weekend -no chilcare to pay or time off work!!:green: Unfortunately, not many companies round here offer it, its al weekdays or week eves, which is near enough impossible for me as my husband works unsociable hours!:rolleyes:
i know a few that do , pm me and i could give you the details?

MINKUS said:
Hi guys

I just wondered if you could take the time to answer a question for me (maybe someone somewhere may take note of it !!:wink2: )

Would you do more training courses if they were more readily available at the weekends?????????

I work full time and every day i have off for training (and i have LOADS i want to do this year) i have to use as my holiday (begrudge this as its valuable time i could be spending with my little one) or.......i have to take it UNPAID.

I know the people 'doing' the training have a life too and need days off but im sure one saturday or sunday a month could be offered??

Looking forward to replies!

Amb x

Yea id definatly do it i have too use my holidays this year on courses so annoying i really wanna do beauty therapy but cant get on any part time onnes

lisaloveliness said:
Yea id definatly do it i have too use my holidays this year on courses so annoying i really wanna do beauty therapy but cant get on any part time onnes
if you are prepared to travel , i have met a lady who has a beauty school in wales, all courses can be taken as single skill building course in beauty therapy, i understand she is acredited with a number of governing bodies, she is a very knowledgable and intresting lady. Pm if you would like her number.

Hi All,
I'm new to this forums and I'm also new to this industry. I only know a few, like Pedi, mani, acrylic and a little of gel nail.. and I want to learn more...

I would love to take a weekend courses but too bad I don't seem to see there's any courses for me to take in my area.. I live in Toronto, Canada.

Latest posts

Back