Is this the great new "revolution" in enhancements!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot believe the rubbish you lot are saying on here!!!!! Have you ever tried these nails??? No, I dont think any of you have, how dare you comment on a subject you know nothing about. Really I would think that informed Nail techs like yourselves would actually research and try something before you jump on your bandwagon with stupid comments. How many ppl do you know that acrylics have wrecked their nails??? How many people do you know that gel has peeled off???? Every single system that you all use will damage the nail.... we all know it is the Nail techs professionalism and her own ability to make sure a client is well looked after, no matter what system she uses!!!!! And after all if these nails cause greenies how come the anti-fungal treatments have been around for far longer than this system. Dont tell me that greenies are only associated with these nails.........I am dissappointed in you all!!!!! Think about what you say before you open your mouths. If you actually want some factual information on this system ask me.......

Hello Meloni,

Please calm down and just share your experience with this system. Or give us facts and details about it if you have something to do with that company.

Hi Frank I apologise if I seemed heated I just honestly cannot believe the uninformed opinions..... Yes I do know alot about this system, I have been using it for 2.5 years and I know of hundreds of qualified nail techs who use it too. Please note this system is NOT sold directly to the public, the three days is how long it will take a Qualified Nail Tech to master. PS Before that I was an acrylic technician for 15 years.
Any questions I will happily answer!

We have a company here in Australia and they call it GO 30 Nails if I am right (If wrong I am sure and Aussie Geek can correct me) I spoke to the Distributor for it here in Australia about 2 years ago and she was saying that this is going to take over the market and if I remember rightly I think the kit was about $900 which included the training and kit. I am sure Meloni can inform you better than me. It just sounded dodgy to me and I would rather outlay on traditional training than something that sounds like an expensive version of stick ons. I am all for new and better but this just didnt impress me at all.
Cheers
RAchel:green:

I cannot believe the rubbish you lot are saying on here!!!!! Have you ever tried these nails??? No, I dont think any of you have, how dare you comment on a subject you know nothing about. Really I would think that informed Nail techs like yourselves would actually research and try something before you jump on your bandwagon with stupid comments. How many ppl do you know that acrylics have wrecked their nails??? How many people do you know that gel has peeled off???? Every single system that you all use will damage the nail.... we all know it is the Nail techs professionalism and her own ability to make sure a client is well looked after, no matter what system she uses!!!!! And after all if these nails cause greenies how come the anti-fungal treatments have been around for far longer than this system. Dont tell me that greenies are only associated with these nails.........I am dissappointed in you all!!!!! Think about what you say before you open your mouths. If you actually want some factual information on this system ask me.......
Hi Meloni... welcome to the site, could you please fill out your profile so we know a bit more about you.

Nobody is speaking rubbish, we are all entitled to share our opinions, those opinions might not be liked by everyone, but it's the right of each and every one of us to have freedom of speech, yourself included, provided we do it in a tactful and calm manner.
The enhancement system you refer to is something we dare to discuss, why? well, it's nails and that's what the majority of our members have in common.

I do have to say that I feel you're very wrong in your assumption that EVERY nail system we all use will damage the nail, if that were the case then enhancement systems would have died years ago.
As a professional technician yourself surely you realise that the only way enhancements damage the natural nail is due to a technician who doesn't have the correct skills with their abrasive and/or the client forceably removing their enhancements and at the same time wrecking their natural nails.

I'm very interested to find out what connection you have with the GO30 nails, are you a director/educator for the company or solely a technician who has been using their system?

I would assume that if this product were to be taking over the world re enhancements that it would have happened after two and a half years, until I saw them mentioned on this site I'd never heard of them!

Sorry, I could never be "PROUD" of doing these nails, no matter what is said in their favor by people pushing them, the "general public" (our clients) and yes me too, will always see them as stick ons. I have a reputation to uphold and doing these (except as a weekend solution) would undo many years of work. Yes , I have tried them, as I stated before "they look good on good nails. If these nails gain a position in the marketplace it will send clients back to the pharmacy to do their own press-ons. At least the system I currently use makes me look like an experienced technician (and an artist to some degree).

Doing these nails would make me look like Sweaty Betty pressing on some nails last minute before going to a "Chavs Anonymous Meeting".

Guess thats what separates the proud professionals with artistic ability wishing to make a name for themselves and those wanting to take easy shortcuts using a basic domestic system calling themselves a tech.

No matter what you say, "they are press ons".

Yes they are glorified 'press ons' and as for taking over the nail industry? :lol: I'm pretty in touch with the industry and I don't see anyone shaking in their shoes just yet. I just hate marketing like this ... Get em into the pharmacies and drug stores love, you'll make more money!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Sandi

This product was only released into the industry 2.5 yeas ago and I was told it took 10 years to develope before being launched.

It has taken Acrylics nearly 30 years to become popular and still not every woman in the world is wearing them!

Yes I have been using this sytem for 2.5 years and I have also been in the industry for 17 years.

My typing has never been a good way for me to express myself! I apologise sincerely if I may have come across as rude and arrogant but funnily enough I used to defend acrylics the same way once.

I know this is a forum for expressing ideas and opinions but it was frustrating to read comments on a subject that obviously not one of the people commenting has actually ever used. To me that is like a gel tech putting down acrylics when she had never used them.

This product is revolutionary and yes in the next few years you will see it becoming more and more popular.

I remember way back when people didnt even know what acrylic was, and boy was it put down in a major way.

All I was trying to put across was that though people are entitled to their opinions they shouldn't degrade a product they have never used or seen.

We know I could pull up hundreds of web sites that would claim acrylics nails are the worst thing you could do, but that doesn't stop new people training and using the system.

As for damage, I know with my experience in the industry that we are careful and gentle with our clients nails, but you cannot deny that some slight damage occurs.

This new system requires no filing, and no harmful products to adhere to the nail.

So all I was asking was that people should not DEGRADE systems they know nothing about. I dont degrade other peoples way of doing things, in fact I was surprised at the venom that was being directed at a revolutionary product.

To me the nail industry is about getting people to wear beautiful enhancments and promote a healthy nail plate. This system offers a fume and dust free nail system for the tech and a pleasurable experience for the client with NO filing and no smelly fumes.

What more could people want?????

Like any enhancement it is up to the tech to do a good job and this system is the same!
I no longer offer gel or acrylic to my clients and within the first three months of using the Go30 system I had tripled my clientelle and I was much healthier, no dust or fumes.
PS I wasn't a bad acrylic tech either, I have won many open competitions and my salon is one of the most succesful in my area.

Why is it that I cannot express my feelings when so many others were entitled to theirs when putting down this great product??

Mel

Yes they are glorified 'press ons' and as for taking over the nail industry? :lol: I'm pretty in touch with the industry and I don't see anyone shaking in their shoes just yet. I just hate marketing like this ... Get em into the pharmacies and drug stores love, you'll make more money!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Gigi
Have you used this sytem?

No ones putting them down, (these nails have their place) they are just calling "a spade a spade".

saw them at the last nail show here in aus, they actually looked quite good, but as per usual they look good on good nails, there is no artistic abilty in them at all and they use a glue like gelbond .... but hey, it's not rocket science to do press on tips ..... and it's quite a big setup cost initially, the tips are actually quite amazing, they are the finest tips i have ever seen around the citicle area and they grow out like a well buffed in nail if done and fitted properly, however, i would to too embarrassed to use them, they are such a no brainer

You say you did not put them down????
Mel

I stand by my previous comments, but it is a little sad seeing people in here often desperately striving for artistic talent/acceptance and pride in their work, to be confronted with such a back to basics system.

And again????

Just re read this thread and actually there is a lot of support towards this as an additional system to offer and very little actually knocking it as a whole. Can you explain why you think this system is better than the traditional acrylic systems as in durability, as an acrlic overlay is normally what gives a system its strength? And does the tip cover the whole nail or just sit on the end as a traditional tip would?

Vicky Pollard is gonna start doing them, just as soon as she's finished her Essential Nails Course :lol:

Hi Gigi
Have you used this sytem?

No, but like nailzoo I have seen it demonstrated and agree with his assessment.

As I said in an earlier post, I think it will have its place in some salons as an alternative for those who ask for it... I didn't dis it. But will I use it? No probably not.

I do not agree that it has taken nail enhancements of any kind 30 years to become popular. I've been in the business for more than 20 years and (the whole industry is only max 30 years old) they have been more than popular all of that time. Not every woman in the world will ever wear enhancements of any kind so that is kind of a silly point I think.

There are Liquid and powder systems in the market that also require no harsh filing of the natural nail ... nor does every product have vapours that smell bad (that is up to the tech and his/her good habits and training) there are many ways to eliminate odour.

I'm sure that if clients pick off stick ons it will also cause damage to the surface of the nail as with anything that is stuck on and then pulled off again ... this is where the most damage occurs with any type of enhancement system.

As for harmful products? I don't use harmful products nor do I believe that any nail system is harmful or anything harmful if the person using it has the correct education. A person could choke on a stick on nail .. does that make it a harmful product? A person could glue their eyes shut with adhesive .. does that make it a harmful product?

Nail products are not harmful and I am as frustrated with comments like that from someone like you who should know better, as you are when people don't take your system as seriously as you would like them to.

I cannot believe what I am reading????

I give up, why is it that acrylic techs lie to themselves daily!

If you keep your head in the sand and can't welcome new innovations to the industry which benefits both techs and clients, then it is your loss, and anothers gain!

I assume none of you use washing machines as they just take away the feeling and skill of handwashing?

I welcome back to basics techniques as time saving is what business is all about.

PS Do not bother to reply as I will be logging off here never to visit again! I have visited many forums and discussions and have never been so dissappointed in fellow techs!

Disappointed??? Because everyone does not agree with YOU about this product?? Very silly.

If it works for you and your business great. You have obviously found a niche to market to. Glad it works for you. That doesn't mean we all want to do the same or that all of OUR clients will be thrilled to their toes to change products.

Your choice to stay or go .. but if you are the type that just wants everyone to roll over and agree with you then you won't find them here.

People are not telling you you are wrong they are explaining their opinions.

I offer acrylic, gel and fibreglass. I do not see any damage to the natural nails - even those who do not use solar oil or follow the advice I give them, I do not see damage to their nails or skin. I put fibreglass with different coloured tips on my own nails so need soaking off and re-applying every two weeks - still no damage to my nails!

All I and I'm sure others are saying that from what they have seen of this system we will choose not to use it.

People are disagreeing by giving FACTUAL information,that being that the technician and or client causes damage and NOT the system !

We know I could pull up hundreds of web sites that would claim acrylics nails are the worst thing you could do, but that doesn't stop new people training and using the system.
We also know that the majority of people who claim that enhancements are the worst things to have and to do don't know what the heck they're talking about and are grossly misinformed.
That's where sites like this one comes into its own.

As for damage, I know with my experience in the industry that we are careful and gentle with our clients nails, but you cannot deny that some slight damage occurs.
I can categorically state that no damage, however slight, occurs to the nails of my clients.

This new system requires no filing, and no harmful products to adhere to the nail.
The system I use requires minimal filing and doesn't contain harmful products.

So all I was asking was that people should not DEGRADE systems they know nothing about. I dont degrade other peoples way of doing things, in fact I was surprised at the venom that was being directed at a revolutionary product.
Nobody has degraded your system OR been venomous, all they were basically saying is that it takes less skill to apply what are basically stick on nails than it does to do a full set of L+P, gel or fibreglass nails.
If you go back and re-read all of the previous posts then you'll see what I mean.

To me the nail industry is about getting people to wear beautiful enhancments and promote a healthy nail plate. This system offers a fume and dust free nail system for the tech and a pleasurable experience for the client with NO filing and no smelly fumes.
I personally would love for you to expand on how this nail system works, how do you form the nail?
what makes it so great?
being as there are no vapours what product is used to adhere the nail?
what happens when the nails need rebalancing?

This site is about sharing knowledge... I truly hope you share the knowledge you have on your chosen system.

You say you did not put them down????
Mel
No, I haven't as yet, or i'd just blurt out that i thought they were "crap" (which I haven't) I said they are back to basics, (which you reiterated a few posts up) and i said they were "a no brainer", which they are, thats why "press ons" have been sold domestically for years , they are easy. I also made quite a few positive quotes too, please re-read my posts.

If you stand by what you are saying in them being so damn good, why don't you explain a little more to others in here less exposed to this type of "press on nail". The instructions for them have already been posted earlier on and no one seemed impressed, please explain the magic in "press ons"?

This is the problem i found when i had them demonstrated, then did one. They were not very helpful with questions (they almost avoided giving to much info) and also they didn't know what their "glue" was made from. They would have been better taking a booth out the back of the local pharmacy. They wouldn't sell me a single file to try, they wouldn't sell me their cuticle pusher, they wouldn't sell me a "GLUE". All they wanted to do was sell me a bloody kit. It seemed all the wanted to do was arouse curiosity unless you were willing to part with your money. Damn, all it did for me was make me feel like i was being conned into one of those clandestine Amway meetings that we try and avoid. Yet typical of that mentality using a product seemed to be an obsession, rather than a passion.

You are in a forum of professionals with professional curiosity and professional questions, why not answer questions? Rather than expect people who have already paid out much money to be where they are to follow you blindly by weaving some exotic mystery to "press ons".
Seeing as though you ain't gonna stick around, it doesn't really matter, and to think, you had centre stage and blew the opportunity. We are all ears ..... but we have eyes and mouths too.

Latest posts

Back