Is this the great new "revolution" in enhancements!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a great idea for party nails but I can't honestly say if I offered this a service people would come flocking to the salon.
They would go to the chemist and apply their own. It's cheaper and there's no skill involved. Which is great if you're not trained to do the job.
It's a bit of a backward step for those of us who invested a lot of time and money in our training.
These things have been around for ever. If I wanted to do this I wouldn't have bothered with all the training.

Probably a great idea for party nails but I can't honestly say if I offered this a service people would come flocking to the salon.
They would go to the chemist and apply their own. It's cheaper and there's no skill involved. Which is great if you're not trained to do the job.
It's a bit of a backward step for those of us who invested a lot of time and money in our training.
These things have been around for ever. If I wanted to do this I wouldn't have bothered with all the training.

Not everyone can apply stick ons well ... it's not that easy to make them look beautiful ... there is talent involved in doing anything well. So I do not agree that it takes no talent to use this system Meloni is using and I think that if you have the talent you can do them even better and they will last even longer than the person who has no talent or training.

I get so lazy doing my nails, that I could be tempted to use them on myself for sure, especially if they last 4 weeks. I'm sure there are others who would be interested too, and according to Meloni there are plenty of them.

For me I love the artistry of using L&P and without that I think I would personally loose interest in doing nails BUT for others they have different priorities and Meloni has been a technician for a long time ... maybe she has found something that is less demanding of her time and is easier ... nothing wrong in that now is there? Especially if you have the clientèle who are willing to pay for it.

Thanks to the wonderful GIGI ROUSE, I will stay and answer any questions!

First I am an Acrylic tech, first trained in Creative then Galaxy.
I have been in the industry for 17 years.

I switched to the Prescription Nail system 2.5 years ago when it was first released.

I have been doing these nails ever since.

They are a full cover nail YES
They have have very very thin cuticle end that is 0.2mm thick.
They come in 128 various shapes and arcs and sizes.
There are 8 different across shapes
and 2 different arch shapes
Each nail comes in 0-15 thats 16 different widths as opposed to "party nails" that only come in 10-12.

The beauty of this system is like having pre-moulded acrylics that fit your clients nail plate perfectly.
The bonding agent is a very different viscosity to other gel type glues, which means it doesnt ooze.

Because there is no need for blending there is no filing on or around the nail or the eponynychium area.

The nails are removed every 2-3 weeks completely in a special formaula that is not dehydrating like acetone.
the removal process takes 3-5mins.

I have found thses nails to be more like re-creating natural nail plates rather than enhancing what was there.

They work brilliantly on nail biters as we create a perfect nail plate rather than tryng to adhere acrylics to the teeeny weeny bit of nail.

The adhesive is very gentle and the clients natural nail actually seems to plump up after wearing these nails for 2-3 months.

In fact my sister had ridges on her nails and after wearing the Pres' the nails were so hydrated the ridges were gone.

And to finish......

I APOLOGISE FOR ANY OFFENCE that may have been taken with my heated and reactive comments.
I am a nail freak, I live and breath nails, my work is my hobby, why else would I be up at 1am in the morning defending a great product.
Ha you guys should of seen me when people used to put down acrylics!

PS the nails in my picture are Prescription nails.

Mel

Not everyone can apply stick ons well ... it's not that easy to make them look beautiful ... there is talent involved in doing anything well. So I do not agree that it takes no talent to use this system Meloni is using and I think that if you have the talent you can do them even better and they will last even longer than the person who has no talent or training.

I get so lazy doing my nails, that I could be tempted to use them on myself for sure, especially if they last 4 weeks. I'm sure there are others who would be interested too, and according to Meloni there are plenty of them.

For me I love the artistry of using L&P and without that I think I would personally loose interest in doing nails BUT for others they have different priorities and Meloni has been a technician for a long time ... maybe she has found something that is less demanding of her time and is easier ... nothing wrong in that now is there? Especially if you have the clientèle who are willing to pay for it.

Sorry perhaps I should explain further. I meant to the untrained eye nails that people stick on themselves will look okay. It takes skill to apply them to a client. When I have seen this they have taken almost as long as it takes to apply a set of l&p, I would have to charge for my time accordingly. So maybe not such a great bargain to me.

Sorry perhaps I should explain further. I meant to the untrained eye nails that people stick on themselves will look okay. It takes skill to apply them to a client. When I have seen this they have taken almost as long as it takes to apply a set of l&p, I would have to charge for my time accordingly. So maybe not such a great bargain to me.

Well it seems that this system offers a better choice and a finer nail than the usual drug store stick ons so perhaps they are much much quicker to apply and the 'time factor' is a great plus to some in the salon business not to mention some clients?????

Hi Judy

Trust me there is alot of skill involved in doing thse nails.

You have to be very careful to get the exact arc width and curve of her nail plate.
You cant just stick it on, you have to carefully place it in exactly the right postion or you will cause air bubbles.
Then when you trim the length and file the free edge you must be careful not to overfile as it is so fine that you could ruin the perfect engineering structure of the nail.

This product can only be used by qualified techs because it isnt actually as easy as it first looks.

To do any enhancement requires skill patience and the creative ability.

Hey how many of your clients say that doing acrylics looks easy???
Man that used to drive me wild, in fact one client said it so often I handed her the brush and said fine you do them then! lol

Mel

Hi Judy

Trust me there is alot of skill involved in doing thse nails.

You have to be very careful to get the exact arc width and curve of her nail plate.
You cant just stick it on, you have to carefully place it in exactly the right postion or you will cause air bubbles.
Then when you trim the length and file the free edge you must be careful not to overfile as it is so fine that you could ruin the perfect engineering structure of the nail.

This product can only be used by qualified techs because it isnt actually as easy as it first looks.

To do any enhancement requires skill patience and the creative ability.

Hey how many of your clients say that doing acrylics looks easy???
Man that used to drive me wild, in fact one client said it so often I handed her the brush and said fine you do them then! lol

Mel

This is my point. After mastering the systems I have done so far it calls for more learning to use this product.
At the end of the day though will your client not just say this particular tech offers stick-on nails?
Would a client see the skill, and difference in quality or just compare them to any old stick ons?

Hi Judy

Yes the clients do notice the difference!

My usual comment is .............

To say these are like stick ons.....
is to say a Mini and a RollsRoyce are both cars!

I actually liken them to a structured nail that is molded and bonded to your nail to fit perfectly!

Mel
Oh man I would love to give you guys a set of these!

oh and Judy

I remember from way way back a good nail tech NEVER stops learning!

Mel

Well I for one would love to have you give me a set to try them out!
Always intrigued with anything new and different.
Keep an open mind people! Getting interesting now isn't it?

This is my point. After mastering the systems I have done so far it calls for more learning to use this product.
At the end of the day though will your client not just say this particular tech offers stick-on nails?
Would a client see the skill, and difference in quality or just compare them to any old stick ons?

Judy that's a very valid point.

I too would be interested to know how you would educate your client otherwise ?

I personally would feel "fobbed off " with what appears to be a "stick on nail " being applied,how do you clients react ?

Do they appreciate ther is skill involved ?

And how do you convince them to pay for something,they are likely to feel they could do themselves ?

I am interested to know and i mean that with greatest of respects .

I guess my question is - once you identify the right match for the client, and there is no prep of the natural nail, why would someone pay for a salon to do the service? Why wouldn't they just do them at home?

What are the prep procedures to ensure adhesion and sanitation? What products are used to accomplish this?

I haven't seen them, but the process seems to me to be akin to hair clips opposed to hair extensions. Sure they fill a market, but I'm not convinced.

oh and Judy

I remember from way way back a good nail tech NEVER stops learning!

Mel

A very good a valid point mate.
I picture this scenario....
Girl 1 - Do you like my nails Judy did them?
Girl 2 - Ooooh very nice, are they acrylics??
Girl 1 - No she just stuck them on
Girl 2 - What?? You paid Xamount for that??? Next time get some from the chemist and I'll stick them on you for free. You've been ripped off mate, you could have had proper acylics instead. Can't she do them?????

When I did one , when I was finished I felt "nothing", whereas when I do an Acrylic Nail, I feel a sense of achievement and pride (yep still after 20 odd years, every single day). Does this product have a website with MSDS we can have a look at? Can the tips be applied with gelbond? Can they be soaked off with buffered acetone. What type of remover has to be used when changing polish? Even non acetone still affects ABS plastic. What are the tips made from?

Area's seem to differ with the 'popular' systems. In kettering everyone seems to offer acrylics, if a client comes in they seem to assume/ask for acrylics as this is what they "prefer" even if they've never had anything else! I have visited places where everyone seems to offer gels.

I don't know if different areas would be more open to this kind of product without as Judy said - just seeing them as a set of stick ons.

Are they like french with clear at the bottom and white at the top? If so what do you do on someone with shorter nail beds that the clear area, also what does the nail look like as it grows out?

Well, i am little bit in shock. I am still new with enhancement things, i just came on this new for me enhancement world, i started to try doing it with so big passion and sudenly i read for these prescription nails that they last 3-4 weeks and how it seems everyone can put them by themselfs, here want to say of course u need skils to find perfect fit and glue them without any bubles, but do u think the most women care how they will put them, i mean for them its enough they will have long nails cheeper, and they will be already polished with airbrush, so what leave for us in the future???Doing only man/ped without giving any art???

Hi Dessi, these nails are a professional only product and the general public cannot buy them .. the kit is allot of money. Don't worry your head about it ... do you see them taking over the world yet?

Geeg dont forget China, i am sure they will fix this, so the nail future will belong at prescription nail.

Its like everything though, you can paint your own nails but you'll still get people coming for a professional paint job, if people want them doing properly they will come to the professionals, geeg is right, I don't think I'll pack my brush away yet!

Geeg dont forget China, i am sure they will fix this, so the nail future will belong at prescription nail.

Stick ons have been around forever ... these are just thinner than some.

Every supermarket and drug store in America sells every type of nail enhancement product .. L&P, gel and wraps ... is everyone going there and doing it themselves?? NO. Stop worrying about 'the other guy' and get on doing what you do best. Professional nails.

Latest posts

Back