Its time to give up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just had a lady book in for her and her friend for a spray tan, she rang 20 minutes later and canceled because of my age.

Came onto the salongeek from my website and rang up and said that i have had hardly any experiance and that she dont want a spray tan from someone who is 16.

yes ive sat here and cried and have now decided to give up this is too much for me ,and sick of people judging me for my age when my age has nothing to do with spray tanning its more important that im trained,insured and have plenty of practice which i have had with family,friends.

So if anyone would like to buy a spray tan machine pm me x

Oi Oi Oi !!! Well you can have a good cry then put your lippy on and get back out there. They're probably jealous and they don't want you to see their wrinkly old bods.

Turn your age into an advantage. Do a special price to college students and I bet you'll get loads of trade.

so we can allow someone of 16 to babysit and look after our kids....but think them to young to do a spray tan...even though they have been trained to do so.

Don't let them beat ya hun...:hun:

so we can allow someone of 16 to babysit and look after our kids....but think them to young to do a spray tan...even though they have been trained to do so.

Don't let them beat ya hun...:hun:

I know its absoloutly ridiculous makes me think some people in this world are just nasty plain nasty. xx

Aww hun come on dont let one person make you give up.:hug:
Have you thought about more training in beauty so you can offer more services?
Keep your chin up chuck x

AAW what a cow! If you are really passionate abou what you do stick with it,Its not your fault that that particular client made was prejudicial against yoyr age,as you said you are competent and qualified.Don't listen to her,
xx

Hiya,

Just had a lady book in for her and her friend for a spray tan, she rang 20 minutes later and canceled because of my age.

Came onto the salongeek from my website and rang up and said that i have had hardly any experiance and that she dont want a spray tan from someone who is 16.

yes ive sat here and cried and have now decided to give up this is too much for me ,and sick of people judging me for my age when my age has nothing to do with spray tanning its more important that im trained,insured and have plenty of practice which i have had with family,friends.

So if anyone would like to buy a spray tan machine pm me x

I dont think i can do this anymore ive paid out 350.00 for this, emotional upset and dissapointment ive had 3 cancelations in one week ive not even had a paying client yet, just cant do it, its causing me more stress than i can afford.xx

Yes Missy !totally agree with Brow queen.There are lots of younger people happier to have spray tanning with a younger person.I dont think its your age so much as your lack of confidence at the mo in your ability to be successful.

Have a look at what your local college offers in the way of short confidence building courses,small business course anything of that type.

Also be careful what you say on here about yourself probably a lesson to us all about how many people can actually access this sight and find out so much about us and our businesses.

Everyone on here has felt like you about their business, we have all doubted our abilities at some point but most of us keep going and enjoy some kind of success and job satisfaction.

I dont know whether you have been in any kind of working environment at all anywhere, but getting a part time job while you are building your business would help your confidence a lot and also help you to meet potential clients apart from giving you a bit of financial help while your business is new.

Oh, honey, come on, don't even think about that!
Just keep doing a good job, and let her be jealous when everybody else around is beautifully tanned, while she is white as yoghurt!

Yes Missy !totally agree with Brow queen.There are lots of younger people happier to have spray tanning with a younger person.I dont think its your age so much as your lack of confidence at the mo in your ability to be successful.

Have a look at what your local college offers in the way of short confidence building courses,small business course anything of that type.

Also be careful what you say on here about yourself probably a lesson to us all about how many people can actually access this sight and find out so much about us and our businesses.

Everyone on here has felt like you about their business, we have all doubted our abilities at some point but most of us keep going and enjoy some kind of success and job satisfaction.

I dont know whether you have been in any kind of working environment at all anywhere, but getting a part time job while you are building your business would help your confidence a lot and also help you to meet potential clients apart from giving you a bit of financial help while your business is new.

thank you:hug: You see i know i can spray tan very well in the last month i havent done anyone bad or wrong its been perfect with my sisters,mum and friends. All look fantasitc i know i do well its just other people take one look at my age and think omg she will ruin me.

I need to have a good think about this i wont make a harsh decision yet i just need to get my head sorted with it. I know i shouldnt give that nasty snooby woman the satisfaction of wasting my money and my passion for beauty just because of her, but ill have a think and see what i think is best for me xxx

I know it's hard but you need to pick yourself up dust yourself off and be prepared to fight for what you really want.
You can do this you know you can, otherwise your friends and family wouldnt be booking in with you, have a little faith.
Make up some posters on the computer and get them put up in your local colleges, shops, playgroups etc and you'll soon get some bookings.
xx

Oh, honey, come on, don't even think about that!
Just keep doing a good job, and let her be jealous when everybody else around is beautifully tanned, while she is white as yoghurt!

haha did put a smile on my face xx

You need to lick your wounds a bit... then it's time to kick azz with your advertising.

I agree re pointing your energy towards student discounts, it'll give you a confidence boost and younger people won't have any problem having their tan done by a younger professional person.

As has been said, we've all felt like this at some point or another, when we think it's time to throw the towel in, but like many of us on this site you have a passion Rebekah, don't let it go to waste :hug:

You need to lick your wounds a bit... then it's time to kick azz with your advertising.

I agree re pointing your energy towards student discounts, it'll give you a confidence boost and younger people won't have any problem having their tan done by a younger professional person.

As has been said, we've all felt like this at some point or another, when we think it's time to throw the towel in, but like many of us on this site you have a passion Rebekah, don't let it go to waste :hug:

Thank you such nice words :hug:

its true i shouldnt let it go to waste at all.. In future im gonna not link my site with salongeek then non of my clients will know how old i am and im sure they wont ask as its a personal question xxx thanks 4 all ur support guys

You know what! You can do two things - chuck in the towel and live to regret it ... or say up yours and I'm going to prove that I can do this. You're fresh out of your training, you haven't developed any bad habits, you know your stuff and you know you CAN do it. I hope the lady concerned has come back on here to read just what she has done to you because it is so unnecessary.

However hun to be self employed you do have to have a certain thick skin. These knock backs happen all the time, and this does seem to be the season for cancellations ... at least she did cancel and didn't just bother turning up, now that is when it really irks :irked::irked::irked: . You will have to learn to deal with client complaints, stroppy clients, non paying clients, smelly clients, difficult clients and it will not be easy. I've had a Saturday where I had 7 clients booked in for nails and only 1 turned up ... I was beginning to wonder if I needed to change my deodorant!!! However this is the exception, 99% of the time the people who walk through our doors are lovely and make us lucky to be in one of the best jobs in the world.

So toughen up, put on a brave face and go for it. :hug:

PS oh an remember that the Salongeek doe very well in the search engines. I typed in spray tanning in essex and your post to say it was your first spray tan came up on the second page of listings!

its definately hard when you get knocked back like that but you need to pick yourself back up and keep going.do you really want to give up everything you've trained and worked so hard for just because someone is being discriminative(if thats a word) about your age? i hope not.
im sure you will come across more people that will have a problem with something in your career so dont give up so easily.you show them that your good at what you do,even if you see them in the street and you do that just by holding your head high.
the best clients ive found always end up coming to me through word of mouth so keep at it we all know how hard it can be somtimes.:hug:

Don't think that it only happens to you hun.......when you start out you should know that its not going to be a walk in the park..you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and carry on if we all gave in when it got tough none of us would have a business!!!

DON'T GIVE UP YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Oooooh chicky you have had a nasty knock but think on this.................you said that you can give a mean spraytan so why should you stop ? Pick yourself up and dust yourself down and get back at em ! If you are talented then use your talent, what a waste it would be to hide it away.

I think gillian and Brow Queen have given you some fab advice, it could be the start of something good for you that you maybe never considered ? Give it a go - dont give up ! Those students could be a corner of the market for you.

Agree also about not linking your website to geek, its not a good idea for clients or anyone personally involved with you to read about any teething probs or to know too much about you - keep it business.

Come on then, get yourself up and go for it ! :hug:

Thank you guys sooo much :hug: I will fight and i will continue yes what the client done today did annoy and frustrate and upset me but i wont let that sway me or burn my passion...Here is a poem i found i think it great inspiration...

That's why 2008

is another chance,

another new year for us to create

new dreams and to believe that we are what we make

of ourselves.

each one of us were made to accomplish great things in life..

and take it from me, those great things in life don't come easily,

but that's what separates the ones who are willing to march,

the ones who are willing to fight.

sometimes we're not sure why things happen or don't happen the way we'd hoped

but never give up and never loose faith

because it's the dreamers and believers and the doers that in time always find their way home...

When i first started work in a health club no one ever wanted me for a massage ,i was known as butterfly i was 4ft 11 and about 7 stone and 19.No body took me seriously.
Eventually after i had built up strength,become more experienced and more confident i was always booked and asked for and eventually had my own regular clients but it took time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back