I've had an accident..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
wish i could say that my broken left hand and damaged fingers are from terrible freak accident.. but sadly its self inflicted from pure stupidity!~
I was running to turn of a tap outdoors when i smashed my hand against a wood pole that holds up my pergola.. went AOT.. and landed on my hands and knees..
things have been going really well for me as far as nails and my business goes.. building up a good client base and getting great feedback.. now i have had to cancel all appointments for the next 2 weeks.. and the brisa day i booked on the 27th of this month..

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

when i was at the hospital i realised i had damaged my thumb and pinky nails on my right hand..
yup im sat there with skun knees and a broken hand.. but my main concern was my first sculpting effort on myself was ruined!
my thumb is so painfull.. and its split the width of the nail.. I am barely able to touch it.. but i cant leave it.. water will soon get in and well you know the rest.. I cant go to another tech as im on strong pain relief and can barely walk.. so if anyone can give me an idea as to what to do?? im thinking of putting a clear gel over it after i santise it to stop any water getting in.. until it stops hurting.. filing isnt an option..
here are some pics to give you an idea!
th_thumb.jpg
th_thumb1.jpg
th_thumb2.jpg

doesnt look as bad as it feels!
:cry:

Oww! That sounds so painful. No idea what to do about your nail as I'm not a nail tech but I just wanted to send you a :hug:.

Oh hun :hug:..
Thats what I would do that way you seal it from anything getting in it since removal may be to painful

Oh, poor you! Sending hugs to make your sore bits better :hug::hug::hug:

Oh hun :hug:..
Thats what I would do that way you seal it from anything getting in it since removal may be to painful

So do you think i can get away with a soft buff a quick spray of isopropyl alcahol.. then a clear gel overlay?? i would like to remove it all together.. but it definately has plate damage.. and the thought of having acetone/foil on it for up to half an hour.. then the removal makes me feel sick to my tummy! I do think after a few days it would have settled enough to remove though..
thanks for the :hug: girls.. feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself!

Oh my...... Ouch.... I have accidents like that all the time! I can sympathise.. the last accident like that was getting the FE of my thumb stuck in the chain on a swing set, and ripped the whole enhancement off (can we say owie!)

As long as you make sure you seal it well with the gel, make sure anywhere water or moisture can get in is well sealed u shouldn't have a problem.

I hope you get it all sorted hun sending you some :hug::hug::hug::hug:

if you can stand it try splitting it just a bit to get some glue in it .....along the crack .....this will not only serve as a water barrier it will also help if you cracked the natural nail plate as well serving as a sort of band-aide....and will allow it not to hurt until it heals enough to fix properly .....at leased this is what I do when I have done a doozy like you did .....

ewwww Chels...my heart goes out to you. I will be sending healing energy your way. Take it easy hun.

ooh you poor thing :irked: god i bet u r in some real pain , sending u a hug :hug: xxx

im up 130 am aussie time with a throbbing hand.. I swear its playing the intro to smoke on the water!!! turns out i have a hairline fracture running down from the base of my pinkie.. and a ruptured 4th knuckle..:cry::cry:

would i apply a tiny amount of pressure to the fe to split the crack? so it lifts and then i can put the resin in? i can handle doing that... its nothing compared to my other hand!
thanks everyone.. :cry::hug::cry:

im up 130 am aussie time with a throbbing hand.. I swear its playing the intro to smoke on the water!!! turns out i have a hairline fracture running down from the base of my pinkie.. and a ruptured 4th knuckle..:cry::cry:

would i apply a tiny amount of pressure to the fe to split the crack? so it lifts and then i can put the resin in? i can handle doing that... its nothing compared to my other hand!
thanks everyone.. :cry::hug::cry:

yes.....

Hi littlegrohl I hope you get better soon , you're poor hands,
hope they soon heal ,
anyway heres sending you lots of hugs :hug: x

ohh poor you!
yep i have often fixed a few nails with the "open it slightly drop some scrubfresh in there, watch them hit the ceiling then seal it up with adhesive " trick ,
its soo wonderful to watch!!!
just wanted to say though , the nails looked fab!!( without the big crack though) and great smiles xxxx

Hope you are ok hun...and can sort the nail out too xxx

ouch, ouch and flippin OUCH !!!
big hug coming your way,
I know how sore my toe was when I broke it ooouuuchhhh :hug:

Don't you just want to smack yourself around the face with a wet fish sometimes for doing such daft things :lol:
But self inflicted or not, you still deserve HUGE amounts of sympathy babe xxxx

Poor you! :eek: Whatever you decide to do i would recommend sav-your-nails its a brill product. You pour it under the free edge and all over the nail and as well as protecting agsinst fungal and bacterial infections it 'knits' the natural nail back to the nail bed i use it loads as i'm very accident prone! L x

Sending you loads of :hug: and sympathy, you deserve it! That looks sooo painful, hope it heals quickly for you so you can get your business back on track!

Latest posts

Back