Just abit of advice regarding leaflets please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
hello everybody, just need some advice on wether i should get 5000 of my tri-fold pricelists designed and printed for £150 or get 5000 a5 double sided offer leaflets for £80? my prices are already cheaper than everybody in the area and i cant afford to do both. do you reccommend handing my pricelists out as it explains all the facials and body treatments and everything wont fit on an a5 leaflet without looking too clumped up.

Hope you don't mind me saying Beautybyselina, but why are your prices cheaper than everybody in your area?

Having been there and done that myself, I can tell you it means you are working twice as hard for the same amount of money, annoying your fellow therapists around you AND attracting the sort of clients who buy purely on price. In my experience these are NOT the sorts of clients you want, as they will cancel on you last minute or not show up at all, complain about the price anyway and expect the world for nothing.

You would be better off, putting your prices up to at least the same as the therapists in your area are charging and start "competing" with them in another way by finding something that you are doing that is different to everyone else.

I know it can be tough when you appear to be offering the same as everyone else, but cutting your prices to rock bottom in a hope that people will come to because of this, will just make it really hard for you to make a decent living out of this :lol:

By the way I use tri-fold leaflets myself but again only from experience I wouldn't invest in 5000 initially, because you will probably want to change them in a couple of months and then you end up dumping the old ones, which is a complete waste of your money - as I say, been there and done that!

Hope you don't mind me saying Beautybyselina, but why are your prices cheaper than everybody in your area?

Having been there and done that myself, I can tell you it means you are working twice as hard for the same amount of money, annoying your fellow therapists around you AND attracting the sort of clients who buy purely on price. In my experience these are NOT the sorts of clients you want, as they will cancel on you last minute or not show up at all, complain about the price anyway and expect the world for nothing.

You would be better off, putting your prices up to at least the same as the therapists in your area are charging and start "competing" with them in another way by finding something that you are doing that is different to everyone else.

I know it can be tough when you appear to be offering the same as everyone else, but cutting your prices to rock bottom in a hope that people will come to because of this, will just make it really hard for you to make a decent living out of this :lol:

By the way I use tri-fold leaflets myself but again only from experience I wouldn't invest in 5000 initially, because you will probably want to change them in a couple of months and then you end up dumping the old ones, which is a complete waste of your money - as I say, been there and done that!

I agree with this whole post but the part in bold is the part that answers your question and without a doubt you will want to put up your prices or add treatments before you have used up the 5000 leaflets!!

You would be wise to ponder on the excellent advice given by 'snlynn'

Good luck my lovely.

Jacqui xx

5000 leaflets or price lists is a bit extreme....how are you going to distribute them? 5000 is a LOT of things to deliver....
Kxx

Hi

5,000 is a lot I normally go for 5,000 and only ever get though half. The best thing to do is not put a date on them, (I put an offer on them and a use by date), that way you can keep using them over time when your quick. I personally would go for the a5 leaflets, I always think that people like at things walking from the letter box to the bin and an a5 leaflet is more than likely going to be looked at that a pricelist.

How many take away menu's do you get though your door and don't bother looking at it but smaller leaflets you do look at. If that all makes sense.

Good luck

Kerry

hi everyone and thank you for your replys,
just to mention i have put my prices up allready by £5 for nails so they are now £25 for nsi pink and white sculptures,there is only one more salon in my area doing sculptures for £30 but there are a few chinese ones doing tip and overlays for £18 and £20 and your in and out in 20mins where as I take 1hr 20mins! I have had 5000 leaflets before and they lasted me about 6months so I know I won't be changing them for a good few months anyway and its a good price for them anyway. I was just wondering wether to whack an offer on them to get them in of the full pricelist as I do need the full ones for my salon. I won't be leaflet dropping in houses but will be handing them out round the shopping centre x

Latest posts

Back