Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going Christmas Shopping today, and suggestions from the high street I could get to have a play with gelish? In particular a strong silver and strong pink. I have the special
Polishes, and I will get a few china glaze when I next go Salon shopping :)

I'm unbelievably addicted to Konad :D

Im going Christmas Shopping today, and suggestions from the high street I could get to have a play with gelish? In particular a strong silver and strong pink. I have the special
Polishes, and I will get a few china glaze when I next go Salon shopping :)

I'm unbelievably addicted to Konad :D
Barry M instant nail effects 'foil' in silver and gold stamp well, as does gosh metallic purple x

I just did this and I'm really loving it :green:

The base coat is Essence "Sure Azure" onto which I sponged Essence "Gleam in Blue" and Mavala "Sparkling Blue". Konad in konad SP white, m59.

I wish I had added some gems and seen the darn smudge on my index finger before adding topcoat though...

this question may have already been asked, but there are so many replies i couldnt see the answer i was looking for.
has anyone ever tried mixing to different colours on images, say for isntance on a flower? green stalk red rose? just curious? and looking at some peoples designs some of them look layered with more than one image on the nail is this right? or is it a plate that i havent seen???

by the way, those look fantastic!

Wise nail geeks,

I have just passed my manicure course and I have been quite taken with the effects Konad has even before I started my course so I hopefully will be purchasing a starter kit after Christmas...I can see it being one of those addictions where I am just running around stamping everyone.

My question (at the moment- im sure I will have more!) is how hard is it to line things up. In particular adding a second colour and the french manicure ones. With my aim it will probably overlap the white tip :Scared:

this question may have already been asked, but there are so many replies i couldnt see the answer i was looking for.
has anyone ever tried mixing to different colours on images, say for isntance on a flower? green stalk red rose? just curious? and looking at some peoples designs some of them look layered with more than one image on the nail is this right? or is it a plate that i havent seen???

You can add different colors to the plate to get a multi- colored design. Diana from this blog does them often and they are beautiful. I'm sure she did a tutorial but I can't find it at the moment.
Here is a tutorial I found off a google search: Nail Junkie: Multi-Colour Konad
Also I think there was a multi-colored design tutorial on the konad site.

You can very easily stamp a design multiple times on the nail to make a seemingly full nail design. Diana does that often too, when she has her long nail.

This may have been answered so apologies but does anyone know if I could use acrylic paint on the plates, about to get some with a one stroke course I'm doing so wondered if they'd work!! Tried gel but it smudged or is it just my technique not necessarily the gel??!
Many thanks
Lisa
Xx

Lisa I read earlier someone said that acrylic paint doesn't work as it dries too fast or something. I haven't done the Konad yet so I can't answer with confidence.

Thanks to this thread though I have a bunch of Konad coming. I ordered from Amazon.com.They're a lot cheaper than ordering from Konad. I ordered 6 plates, black and white, two scrapers and stampers for $33 including shipping. I saw where some were selling the colors for as much as $7 a bottle. I got them for $2.50 each. Do you guys have something like Amazon or is it beneficial for you to order from them?

Are there any good plates to get in for valentine's? Wasn't sure if there was a specific one.

Are there any good plates to get in for valentine's? Wasn't sure if there was a specific one.

My goodness almost all the konad plates could be used for valentines but here below I have pasted in the ones with hearts on ;)

83-142x142.jpg

So sorry about the size I could not make them smaller :o

Just did my first konad, wow, how easy was that! Loving the look x

Thankyou :) I've just ordered 4 more though it says there is a wait on a few of them. Hope I get them soon to play :D

Thankyou :) I've just ordered 4 more though it says there is a wait on a few of them. Hope I get them soon to play :D
You're welcome I hope you love them :hug:

Post a pic, and let us all see! Welcome to the addiction :lick:
Addiction, your not wrong there picchi! Can't post pics on my phone I've tried iPod but that was a non starter 2! :D

Here's my first attempt (on myself I might add!) - I absolutely love this and can't believe I've only just heard of it!! Thanks geeks! :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326490509.167799.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326490509.167799.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 419
Here's my first attempt (on myself I might add!) - I absolutely love this and can't believe I've only just heard of it!! Thanks geeks! :) x

Love it! X

Latest posts

Back