Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might sound dumb but I've only just started using Konad and only on me so far, how do u keep the pattern right if the stamp isn't big enough to cover the whole nail?

Might sound dumb but I've only just started using Konad and only on me so far, how do u keep the pattern right if the stamp isn't big enough to cover the whole nail?

Now that my dear the age old question......

The idea it to do 2 separate stamps that line up, I have seen amazing examples but then I have also seen my attempts that don't work :grr:

I too love your nails! Amazing and only wish I could do something as inventive as you! I have just bought a nailsinc holographic glitter to paint over my french shellac Inbetween changing to stop me changing so much! Am terrible and was changing at least once a week!
Your nails look wonderful. Don't worry about changing them too much it's great self promotion :D After I found out about konad I would do my nails 4-5 times a week. Now I'm down to 2-3 times mostly because otherwise the hubby complains, lol.

The stampers are only rubber so i would say with heavy use :Scared: and lots of cleaning I think they can break down which may be your smudging issue xx

Thank you Bry for that, I needed a little reassurance. I gave in and ordered a new double ended stamper (the only way to go IMHO).

Hi, I need help!! Getting so frustrated. Every time I use my white konad polish, the pattern takes forever to stamp right on the nail and then when I FINALLY get it, I apply the top coat and it drags the white and smudges!! :grr: I have tried applying the topcoat in so many different way, floating it, light as a feather so I'm hardly touching, dripping a big blob on and moving that, lots on the brush, a little on the brush, you name it I've tried it. I also find the more intricate designs so hard to stamp and they just smudge. Do you think it could be the actual polish? Is there better polishes to use rather than the Konad ones because I am at the point of giving up :cry:

ETA- I tried my CND white polish to see if that would be different and that was even worse!

Last edited:
Just found this thread... I love it :)
Can anyone give me any tips of what to do when the design it too small to roll all the way from one side to another? Or on long nails? Is there anything that can be done?

I don't no about others but find the lace one I have to just match the end of the print to the start of the print on the stamper then just take a chance! Anyone else have any ideas?

THIS is the design I am having major problems with as per my other post. What polish have you used, as my white Konad one just smudges!! Is it because it's on myself? Do you all find it easier stamping clients rather than yourself?

Hi, I need help!! Getting so frustrated. Every time I use my white konad polish, the pattern takes forever to stamp right on the nail and then when I FINALLY get it, I apply the top coat and it drags the white and smudges!! :grr: I have tried applying the topcoat in so many different way, floating it, light as a feather so I'm hardly touching, dripping a big blob on and moving that, lots on the brush, a little on the brush, you name it I've tried it. I also find the more intricate designs so hard to stamp and they just smudge. Do you think it could be the actual polish? Is there better polishes to use rather than the Konad ones because I am at the point of giving up :cry:

ETA- I tried my CND white polish to see if that would be different and that was even worse!

Hello there Planky :hug:
I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
It's obvious that you have read up on this problem as you know what to do, to not smudge the design (ie. floating the TC, adding a big blob of TC and then lightly spreading it down and around). So I would venture that simply your topcoat is not playing nice with the konad SP in white.

Have you tried a different topcoat? I use Seche Vite and it works a dream for me, other TC that have worked for me are from Rimmel, Essence, and Revlon.

Now the story changes if you are stamping on anything that isn't "normal" polish. For that you will have to wait for the other geeks, as I am ignorant about gels and shellac :o

Hello there Planky :hug:
I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
It's obvious that you have read up on this problem as you know what to do, to not smudge the design (ie. floating the TC, adding a big blob of TC and then lightly spreading it down and around). So I would venture that simply your topcoat is not playing nice with the konad SP in white.

Have you tried a different topcoat? I use Seche Vite and it works a dream for me, other TC that have worked for me are from Rimmel, Essence, and Revlon.

Now the story changes if you are stamping on anything that isn't "normal" polish. For that you will have to wait for the other geeks, as I am ignorant about gels and shellac :o

I'm stamping onto Shellac TC and using Lumos TC after. With the black I seem to not have any problems, it's just the white. This happened with the white when I first got Konad and I put it down to lack of practice etc but it does seem to be this polish that's the problem?? I might buy a bottle of seche vite and see if it makes a difference and maybe I should purchase a new Konad White Polish, maybe that one is out of date or something, although not sure that would affect it really??

Can't really help as haven't used white. I've used bronze on top of gelish top coat the another gelish top coat and it's fine. Also ok with Barry m gold and silver. Just did silver Barry m with black Konad and Sally Hanson top coat on my little boy and that was fine. Maybe the white doesn't dry as quickly as the others. Might have to wait before top coating?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332533827.071480.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332533827.071480.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 305
Planky - I've been having issues with white stamping as well.
Half of it doesn't transfer off the stamper etc, and I know I'm not too slow or anything.
I have ordered a new white to see if that helps - am convinced it's gone off or something

I'm stamping onto Shellac TC and using Lumos TC after. With the black I seem to not have any problems, it's just the white. This happened with the white when I first got Konad and I put it down to lack of practice etc but it does seem to be this polish that's the problem?? I might buy a bottle of seche vite and see if it makes a difference and maybe I should purchase a new Konad White Polish, maybe that one is out of date or something, although not sure that would affect it really??

Try putting your hand back under the lamp for say 30 seconds max after you've stamped then top coat. I've done this once because was rushed for time.

Xx

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

THIS is the design I am having major problems with as per my other post. What polish have you used, as my white Konad one just smudges!! Is it because it's on myself? Do you all find it easier stamping clients rather than yourself?

The polishes can be affected with time. Sounds silly but are you working quickly enough?

TCs are always an issue the one that Picchi work or the Konad one work well.

Good luck xx

had to share this story im in tenerife at the minute in holiday due to fly back tonite. plannin on purchasing konad when i got back or the monster bundle set, thursday we went to costa adeje to the market usual stall of knock of bags, watches, belts. then low and behold in front of my eyes was a stall dedicated to everything konad! i wrestled to get my way through asking the woman so many questions and to my delight had all the sets and loads of individual plates. my partners face was a picture he was enjoying the week of no nails! i kept him at the stand for a good 45 mins and eventualy bought the purple konad set and the lovely lady let me
change some of the plates in the kit. i know its real as the all the holgrams etc are there got a dvd etc in the kit ad got an absolute bargain! i tried it out here was my first go!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332599543.899814.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332599543.899814.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 353
i would have bought the salon kit if i could have got it back had a good look at it and was very close to buying just with how much cheaper it was to back in the uk.

The polishes can be affected with time. Sounds silly but are you working quickly enough?

TCs are always an issue the one that Picchi work or the Konad one work well.

Good luck xx

Yes I work quick, it's only the white (so far) I have an issue with. The black transfers fine, the white only half comes off the stamp onto the nail and mostly sticks up and I have to pat it down gently. Once I get the pattern on right after numerous attempts and the air turning blue, I put the TC on and the whole lot smudges and drags. Very frustrating. I will order a new white and get a different TC and see if any better. Thank you xx

Yes I work quick, it's only the white (so far) I have an issue with. The black transfers fine, the white only half comes off the stamp onto the nail and mostly sticks up and I have to pat it down gently. Once I get the pattern on right after numerous attempts and the air turning blue, I put the TC on and the whole lot smudges and drags. Very frustrating. I will order a new white and get a different TC and see if any better. Thank you xx

Always here for questions xx

I'm so freaking happy right now *picchi does a little dance*!!!

I had completely lost my confidence with konad for a while now. At first I could not for the life of me stamp the free edge of my nails properly while doing a full nails design and then I couldn't stamp at all!!!

After asking you wonderful geeks opinion, in this great thread, I ordered myself a new stamper and I just tried it out.

I can finally stamp again!!! No smudges, no missing design on the free edge no nasty imperfections. I'm just so relieved and happy :green: Thank you all so very much.

So the moral to the story: if you use your stamper 3-4 times a week for a year, cleaning it with acetone after every stamp. It can stop working like it did in the beginning.

I'm so freaking happy right now *picchi does a little dance*!!!

I had completely lost my confidence with konad for a while now. At first I could not for the life of me stamp the free edge of my nails properly while doing a full nails design and then I couldn't stamp at all!!!

After asking you wonderful geeks opinion, in this great thread, I ordered myself a new stamper and I just tried it out.

I can finally stamp again!!! No smudges, no missing design on the free edge no nasty imperfections. I'm just so relieved and happy :green: Thank you all so very much.

So the moral to the story: if you use your stamper 3-4 times a week for a year, cleaning it with acetone after every stamp. It can stop working like it did in the beginning.

I'll def have to remember that! and glad you finally got it figured out :)

Here is the pic for my first decent konad in a while:

U8Qv9
U8Qv9.jpg

Catrice "Dirty Berry" stamped with ChG "Emotion" plate: SdP A

Here is the pic for my first decent konad in a while:

U8Qv9
U8Qv9.jpg

Catrice "Dirty Berry" stamped with ChG "Emotion" plate: SdP A

OMG thats amazing!

I posted this in the konad group but as very few people have been posting (*cry* :cry:) I though I would also post it here in the konad thread.

I was just reading some nail blogs when I saw this on Spellbinding Nails

545574_325648394157085_109817865740140_810823_2069611500_n.jpg

Apparently this is a sneak preview of the new Bundle Monster plate set that will be coming out soon. May I just say YAY for cheep and affordable plates :D

Personally I love these designs, they are new and completely different to anything I have right now, I can't wait to get my grab-y little hands on them :green:

I would love to know if any of you have heard anything else about the new set and/or what you think of the above plate!

Latest posts

Back