Konad wouldn't stamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazapoppy

Reaction score
Ok and breath!!!! I've just finished a nightmare set of gelish with Konad, the client wanted tiger blossom with glitter tip fade and Konad.
I've been using Konad for about 4 months and luv it- not so much now... It was a simple flower but it curved so I had to transfer it from one stamp to the other to get them going in the same direction.
Anyway the two ring fingers worked fine but the thumbs I must have tried at least 10 -15 times to stamp it but it just wouldn't go cleanly on the stamp ... Anyone any suggestions.xxxx

I always end up doing a few stamps. I only have one client who has it though so don't get much practice. U could try buffing the stamper slightly so it's not slippery, make sure u put quite a lot of colour on the plate, make sure your blade is clean, move fast and stamp on the nail flat in one go rather than rolling. I kept rolling the stamp over the nail and messing it up. X

Hi, if I don't buff my stamp it doesn't really work and I must admit I only use konad black and white and barry M gold and silver. I've ended up with some very strange pics on my nails cause I have only just started lol x

Don't talk to me about konad at the moment. I bought a kit from BeautyUK and I've not been able to do any stamping. So annoyed! Biggest problem is I can't pick up polish off the templates and if I do it's not the whole design! Rrrrrrrrr!

Hi, a few weeks ago someone posted a link on how to stamp using a polly pocket. Basically instead of stamping onto the nail you do this on the polly pocket (I think theyre called this) let it dry then peel off and apply to the nail. Maybe try to search for it. It may be on the Konad thread or try YouTube hth x

Don't talk to me about konad at the moment. I bought a kit from BeautyUK and I've not been able to do any stamping. So annoyed! Biggest problem is I can't pick up polish off the templates and if I do it's not the whole design! Rrrrrrrrr!

Buff the stamper! It made such a difference 4 me and mine picks up everytime now! I was a bit nervy doing this on a new item but I think they are 2 new and smooth at 1st. Hth xx

I also find buffing the stamper makes a big difference! I sometimes find myself pressing too hard on the plate or nail so it doesn't pick up/stamp very well. Very frustrating when it doesn't come out right!!x

Also check that the plates don't have a ( cling film like ) sticker layer attached on the top of them. One of the plates I bought recently had a really thin layer of this stuff on it that stopped the image transferring. Problem was solved for me when I peeled that off.

Good luck

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's just so embarrassing / frustrating when it doesn't go to plan( there's nowhere to hide with the client sitting there lol) .
I spoke to the Konad girls at the Irish beauty show and did pick up the tips ie
Lash on the polish
Work quickly
Stamp the image lightly
Don't roll it
And it's been working fab, the zebra print etc no prob, it seems to be the finer more intricate designs.

The joys .... Sorry meant frustrations of a nail tech..😄😄

Ps I'll definitely try buffing the stamper .x

IO find that often the stamp is not to my standard but the client says it's ok, then they laugh at how particular I am, it doesn't look bad on you if your client sees you as a perfectionist.
I always say something like 'well, I can't have you leaving looking less than perfect can I?'

Buff the stamper! It made such a difference 4 me and mine picks up everytime now! I was a bit nervy doing this on a new item but I think they are 2 new and smooth at 1st. Hth xx

I've done that but still having problems :-( maybe I need to buff it again and have another go.

I find the biggest problem is the thiner more delicate designs. I LOVE the bow template but I've never managed to pic up the whole bow :-(

IO find that often the stamp is not to my standard but the client says it's ok, then they laugh at how particular I am, it doesn't look bad on you if your client sees you as a perfectionist.
I always say something like 'well, I can't have you leaving looking less than perfect can I?'

That is so true with nails in general i want everything to be perfect every time, the client is delighted with the end product, to me I can see room for improvement, when I turn out a really great set it's such a high and a great feeling, when I feel it's hasn't turned out just the way i hoped or it took too long it's pants..😃

Zoe - I find that too, its the finer stampsxx

I had huge problems and then I buffed the stamp with 180 grit file! Works lovely now. Just make sure you're quick! Don't give up tho its sooooo worth it!

There is another konad thread and that's full of hints and tips on how to use it ....... It's work a look x

There is another konad thread and that's full of hints and tips on how to use it ....... It's work a look x

Thanks I will have a look..

Every time at the start I use a pad with d-sperce I clense stamper , plate , scraper
And I find it picks up perfectly.

Every time at the start I use a pad with d-sperce I clense stamper , plate , scraper
And I find it picks up perfectly.

That's the strange thing up until last night I've had no problems, always picked up, although the finer ones abit more fiddley, it seemed to be trying to transfer it to the Other stamp for the mirror image, and the harder I tried the worse it got.. I'm going to try again this morning on myself.. Bet it works fine lol.😄

That's the strange thing up until last night I've had no problems, always picked up, although the finer ones abit more fiddley, it seemed to be trying to transfer it to the Other stamp for the mirror image, and the harder I tried the worse it got.. I'm going to try again this morning on myself.. Bet it works fine lol.😄

It may be your polish is getting older and drying faster?

Konad HQ also say that the stampers do not deteriorate with use but I don't agree. I know Pichhi wouldn't either.

Good luck xxxx

Latest posts

Back