La Brasiliana gone wrong, advice urgently needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got my straighteners through brasiliana i wouldnt say get that hot i set temp to 230 but it has a digital thermometer and it never reaches the max temp was going to ask but.........:|

Hi
I use global keratin and have no problems at all, I always use slightly more formula and ghds which have lasted (touch wood ) no probs what so ever
Only one time a client called to say hair had gone frizzy and wild after first wash I asked her to wash It again and let me know outcome she called back and said it's perfect so guess she didn't wash build up out or something
I have heard quite a few complaints with this brand if u think of changing global keratin is fantastic
Xx

I've had this done twice now. First one BEOX and second one GLOBAL and neither of them worked.

However, I think it was down to the first stylist being too quick, so not sealing the hair and the second stylists straighteners being rubbish, so again, not sealing the hair.

I don't have curly hair, just wavy with a slight frizz. They are doing it again for me free of charge and I will take my own new GHD's this time. xx

good luck, im confident it will be ok when used with ghds, unless ur hair is quite chemically damaged sometimes the results can not be felt or noticed untill a further treatment, such a shame that they have not worked for you its a nightmare waiting for the 4 days to wash it isnt it hehe

let us know how u get on :o)

If the client uses a shampoo containing sodium chloride, the brazillian blowdry will be removed. Please check which shampoo they use, as it is a thickening agent used in 95% of shampoos. (even pro ones). The only one I found apart from la brasilliana (cruddy shampoo) is pureology.

232c is 449.5f, I did wonder if ghds were good enough so thought I'd finally go for FHi after practically wearing out 2 cheap pairs.

I've emailed la brasiliana head office in New York asking why this has happened. I did express to the client that I felt her ends couldn't take the heat and would need trimming, I'm going back Monday evening to look at it. I won't give up on this one and will get to the bottom of it, hopefully everyone will learn from this .

Thanks ladies

Hi there this has happened to me but i dont normally use la braziliana but QOD i ran out of my normal stuff and went to Sallys as its round the corner and got La braziliana. My client had quite fine hair and was frzzy and fluffy and around shoulder length. The way i put it on was to the book and i used straightener that heated to 235. while i was doing this it was all great i took before and after pictures and the after pictures looked great. I told here to leave this on her hair for 4 days which she did. When she washed her hair it was not great( she also used labrasiliana products that i told here to used which she got from me) the ends were frizzled badly but the rest took to the treatment. I have also done alot of these treatments and it was also my first time to give a full refund. Now i want to know why this has happened and i got a refund from sallys for the product and i will never use this Product again such alot of Money to knacker someones hair out! Let me know your outcome and i also have other hairdresser friends this has happened too.

If the client uses a shampoo containing sodium chloride, the brazillian blowdry will be removed. Please check which shampoo they use, as it is a thickening agent used in 95% of shampoos. (even pro ones). The only one I found apart from la brasilliana (cruddy shampoo) is pureology.
Ooh, the salon sold me La Brasiliana shampoo, conditioner and serum following my daughter's Beox Keratin treatment as they never had any Beox aftercare, is La Brasiliana stuff rubbish then ("cruddy")??? xxxx

Hi, I'm not a hairdresser and don't know if this information is right, but the lady in Capital told me today that La-Brasiliana has had alot of disgruntled customers lately, with the treatment not coming out as it should.

Also, when my daughter had her Beox Keratin treatment last week, the salon said that if she needed to straighten it the nextday (owing to some kinks whilst sleeping) she MUST use titanium straighteners and on no accounts use ceramic/tourmaline. Don't know if this is true or not???......

By the way Fusion, I think you've been lovely to your client and have gone above and beyond what some people would do to rectify this situation, and I bet the client stays with you now:hug: xxxxx

Hi, I'm not a hairdresser and don't know if this information is right, but the lady in Capital told me today that La-Brasiliana has had alot of disgruntled customers lately, with the treatment not coming out as it should.

Also, when my daughter had her Beox Keratin treatment last week, the salon said that if she needed to straighten it the nextday (owing to some kinks whilst sleeping) she MUST use titanium straighteners and on no accounts use ceramic/tourmaline. Don't know if this is true or not???......

By the way Fusion, I think you've been lovely to your client and have gone above and beyond what some people would do to rectify this situation, and I bet the client stays with you now:hug: xxxxx

Me again, he salon was correct about staightening out any kinks after sleeping on the hair with the 24 hrs time period. Complete rubbish about the clients straighteners have to be titanium, whatever next??

Ive lived and learnt about La Brasiliana, I think the aftercare products re fine, its the actual treatment thats rubbish. My clients hair is jsut about back to normal 10 months after being fried, and thats only because its grown out! Even Beoxing it couldnt recover it. I'm so lucky she was such a lovely client!

Good luck Waffle with getting your daught's hair sorted, have you got hold of the salon yet? xx

Me again, he salon was correct about staightening out any kinks after sleeping on the hair with the 24 hrs time period. Complete rubbish about the clients straighteners have to be titanium, whatever next??

Ive lived and learnt about La Brasiliana, I think the aftercare products re fine, its the actual treatment thats rubbish. My clients hair is jsut about back to normal 10 months after being fried, and thats only because its grown out! Even Beoxing it couldnt recover it. I'm so lucky she was such a lovely client!

Good luck Waffle with getting your daught's hair sorted, have you got hold of the salon yet? xx
God, and I went out and specifically bought titanium straighteners!!. No, the salon is still closed "due to unforseen circumstances" on the window, so don't know when they'll re-open - hows that for luck eh! Anyway, my daughters' ok about it now and I said we'll get it re-done somewhere else in 4 weeks for her. I read on here that Brocato is a good one, and it sounds more reasonably priced too - have you used that one at all Sharon? xx

((God, and I went out and specifically bought titanium straighteners!!. ))

Global keratin advise you to use titanium straighteners, see link attached. so dont worry your purchase wasnt a waste :lol:

Global Keratin GK Mini Titanium Flat Iron UK GK [Global Keratin MIN IRON] - £29.99 : HairOrder, Hair and beauty prodcts, Hair Dyes | Bedhead | L Oreal | Clynol | Wella | Tigi | GHD

Hi Debcam, waffle is the client, not performing the treatment, but the end user. I've never heard of a client having to use titanium straighteners. I use titanium to seal in the treatment, but never my clients. X

God, and I went out and specifically bought titanium straighteners!!. No, the salon is still closed "due to unforseen circumstances" on the window, so don't know when they'll re-open - hows that for luck eh! Anyway, my daughters' ok about it now and I said we'll get it re-done somewhere else in 4 weeks for her. I read on here that Brocato is a good one, and it sounds more reasonably priced too - have you used that one at all Sharon? xx

Sorry Hun never used Brocato. X

Hi Debcam, waffle is the client, not performing the treatment, but the end user. I've never heard of a client having to use titanium straighteners. I use titanium to seal in the treatment, but never my clients. X

Ahh sorry fuzion i completely misread the post...apologies people..xx

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

We have also had a problem with the la brasiliana kits from capital. We bought 2 training places and the kits that came with them and sent a couple of models along for the training - me and my daughter - so no hearsay complaints. My daughter has had the treatment before with excellent results but from another manufacturer and quite possibly containing formaldehyde so our expectations were high.

Both of our became frizzy again after a couple of weeks. Unfortunately we had done a couple of customers by then with equally poor results.

Our hairdressers may have been responsible for the two customers but the training ones on myself and my daughter were done under the guidance of the trainer and there were only three people on the course so we had his full attention.

@waffle4 - what capital branch told you that? Our branch said they had had no complaints when I tried to back ours.

posted twice sorry

Last edited:
Everybody keeps mentioning ghds here, to clarify, and prevent mistakes, the old ghd mk3 1b is 210 degrees and will just about do the job when using Keratin systems but the newer mk 4 's only get to 190 so are nowhere near hot enough.
When buying FHI's they must be the Platform not Technique version as the Platform is the 232 version.
For straightening at home after treatment anything is ok!:wink2:

I posted a complete explanation of the ghd v FHI thing but it seems to have been removed??
PM me for impartial advice on straighteners as there is not much I dont know about them..

I've given up on my GHDs as I did have a client with really curly, frizzy hair, and I could feel they just couldn't get the cuticle smooth enough, I've now got some FHi after 2 pairs of cheapos buzzing, and ceramic flaking off the plates! So far so good, and at least I can turn the temperature down if needed.

I do feel this is a complete anomaly to client and hairdresser alike, and when I've seen on here people who are not qualified hairdressers asking where they can buy a starter kit from to earn a quick buck, I've told them there is no way this can be done buy anyone less than a professional, it might sound easy to do, by my own admission I thought this, its really, really hard work. I'm already getting RSI....madness. Have to say though I actually do enjoy doing the treatment, and even more so when I recieve a comment on my Facebook business page or a text saying so.
:hug:

Oh Dear, either I have computer problems or someone is messing with my mind!!
See previous post on ghd v FHI

I posted a complete explanation of the ghd v FHI thing but it seems to have been removed??
PM me for impartial advice on straighteners as there is not much I dont know about them..

Thanks, but I have the right FHi, I know GHDs don't get hot enough, this is quite an old thread now. Thanks for trying to reiterate my point though.

Latest posts

Back