Lash Perming?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
I'm looking into doing a course in Lash Perming. I've had a few queries about it recently.

I just wondered if it was possible to tint and perm at the same time, and in what order you do it.

Is it a popular treatment?

Thanks for your help guys. :Love:

I use the Hive perm kit and you cannot tint and perm with it on the same day. You need to tint 24hrs after, if you do it before the perm solution fades the tint.

I have heard of one called "curl up and dye" (great name) that you can do both at the same time, but I haven't researched it myself as I don't want to have to re-patch test everyone!

I haven't had many people asking for it themselves, but once you recommend it and they see the results they will usually have it done again for special occasions. :biggrin: Some people have better results than others, you just have to explain to people with short lashes that it won't make them look longer just more curled. My mum has very short straight lashes and it still looks good on her, some clients with long lashes however end up looking like they have dolls lashes-perfectly curled and beautiful- a real "wow" result.

you perform the lash perm, and then tint them, as the lashes will be very receptive to the tint. the other way round and the perming lotions may strip the colour.
Personally, if you want to offer the treatment, make sure you have your own permed, as it gets people noticing and talking! i had mine done two weeks ago and many people arent even aware its possible!
I have found it to be a popular treatment.HTHs:biggrin:

I use the Hive perm kit and you cannot tint and perm with it on the same day. You need to tint 24hrs after, if you do it before the perm solution fades the tint.

I have heard of one called "curl up and dye" (great name) that you can do both at the same time, but I haven't researched it myself as I don't want to have to re-patch test everyone!

I haven't had many people asking for it themselves, but once you recommend it and they see the results they will usually have it done again for special occasions. :biggrin: Some people have better results than others, you just have to explain to people with short lashes that it won't make them look longer just more curled. My mum has very short straight lashes and it still looks good on her, some clients with long lashes however end up looking like they have dolls lashes-perfectly curled and beautiful- a real "wow" result.

weezies right- check with the manufacturers guidlines as to whether you can perform both on same day x

I did lash perming in my beauty course.. Everyone I have performed the treatment on has had it done more than once as they have been so impressed with the results.. The only downside, due to my own stupid fault is I have lost a lot of potential earnings due to charging WAY under the suggested price!!!! The kits are expensive and I ( very stupily) marked my price at £15! Considering hardly anywhere in my area offer it, and charge more than double what I have, this has been a silly mistake of mine.. But you live and learn.. I recommend it..You can earn a lot of money offering it.. ( if you charge your clients correctly!!)
Oh, and I leave at least 24hrs in between the lash tint and perm. The perm always being the first treatment. x

Hiya
Yes you can tint and perm together (as long as you use the same products)

Do not mix different company's

Jenx

It's a great add on service and goes great with tinting as mentioned.

Perm - tint & then apply eyelash extensions if desired.

XX J XX

I trained with Hive and we were shown on our course to perm first then tint straight away after. The effects were brilliant. When I just tint my lashes they don't really show up any difference but when I have them permed too they look megga pretty :)

I trained with Salon systems and we had to perm first and then tint 24 hours after. In order not to invalidate my insurance I refuse to do them at the same time.

I have had a few enquiries regarding this to see if I will perm and tint at the same time as most salons in my area are saying they will now not tint at the same time as perming, although according to clients they have done in the past, so I am unsure why they have changed their procedures.

hth's

I trained with Salon systems and we had to perm first and then tint 24 hours after. In order not to invalidate my insurance I refuse to do them at the same time.

I have had a few enquiries regarding this to see if I will perm and tint at the same time as most salons in my area are saying they will now not tint at the same time as perming, although according to clients they have done in the past, so I am unsure why they have changed their procedures.

hth's

Wise decision Martygirl

There's a few ranges out there tho' that have the system to do the both at the same time.
I chose this as it's the manufactures recommended correct procedure & the added benifit of MSDS sheets with them as well [ very important ].

HtH

Well this is one thing I don't think they have over here in the states..What is lash perming? This brings up all sorts of images in my head of having a little red perm rod hanging off each of the eyes:Scared: LOL . Lash tinting I know about.

How long does it last?
This curly haired geek wants to know....:wink2:

Well this is one thing I don't think they have over here in the states..What is lash perming? This brings up all sorts of images in my head of having a little red perm rod hanging off each of the eyes:Scared: LOL . Lash tinting I know about.

How long does it last?
This curly haired geek wants to know....:wink2:

It would last about 6-8 weeks - the same as lash tints.

http://www.eyelashperm.com/instructions.htm

There is a picture on the aboc web site of the eyelash rod on the eye. It is sticky so the lashes adhere to the rod.

HTH

I trained with Salon Systems less than 2 years ago, and we carried out perm and tint on the same day, and were advised that this was safe to do. It is important to do a patch test 24 hours before a treatment though.

xxx sugar xxx

I trained with Salon Systems less than 2 years ago, and we carried out perm and tint on the same day, and were advised that this was safe to do. It is important to do a patch test 24 hours before a treatment though.

xxx sugar xxx

That is interesting because the leaflet that comes with the Salon System tinting kit tells you not to do any other eye treatment within 24 hours.

That is interesting because the leaflet that comes with the Salon System tinting kit tells you not to do any other eye treatment within 24 hours.

I know what you're saying - I haven't checked a leaflet lately but will do next pack I buy. It may have always been so, or it may be that Salon Systems have become more cautious in their approach. Certainly, the training covers both perming and tinting in a day, and all the trainees practiced on each other, so 8 people had both treatments within a couple of hours with no ill effects.

The reality is that most clients do not want to come back the following day for a tint. To be honest, I find it hard enough getting them to come in for a patch test, especially if they have had the treatment before, or I have tested them before.

in the ellisons brochure it has instructions to perm and tint at the same time its for the thuya range

for those of you that use salon system perm kit, if poss could i get a copy of the instructions pretty please

a very lovely client of mines has bought me the perm lotion, fixing lotion, collagen lotion and the adhesive

thanks in advance

in the ellisons brochure it has instructions to perm and tint at the same time its for the thuya range

i've always permed and tinted ! i was taught that this was ok at college:Scared:

I am going to try out the thuya range next (remembering to patch test everyone AGAIN:wink2: !!)

I have the Thuya range, and have used it off and on for about a year. The great thing about it is that the products come in individual sachets which means that the product doesn't go off by opening the lid. A downside of this i have noticed is quite a lot of wastage, especially if you're not doing any more in a day and have to throw the sachet away.

The range does provide instructions for perm&tint during one treatment, and my college taught is to do this in one treatment too (i have their instruction book to my side at the moment as am just refreshing for my assessments at the end of the week.

I understood that it is included in insurance that such treatments do not follow one another, but i assumed that this was when the products were not produced by the manufacturers for this purpose.

We use Belmacil Tints with the Elleebana Eyelash Perming system, both perm & tint can be done in the same appointment.

We also use the Hovans Silk Eyelash Extension's & Heavenly Curls Eyelash Perming system.
To perm you use the Heavenly Curls Eyelash Perming system & to tint they recommend you use the Refectocil tinting system.
This also can be done in the same appointment.
You can extend the eyelashes after both these service's are completed.

Whichever range we use, we do the perm & the tint together if the client requests.
Both companies also recommend as a promotional package to offer a complimentary eyelash tint with the clients first eyelash perm.
Australian Waxing Company for the best range of hair removal beauty products including waxes

We charge Reg: $60.00 per perm - $15.00 for eyelash tint.
Package price@ $60.00 perm + complimentary eyelash tint.

HtH

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back