Lightning strikes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontastic

Reaction score
Yesterday we had a storm over our town, Mike set the cam going in the back garden and waited.

This is what happened next

Sorry its not nail related though!

Julie

WOW!!! did it hit more than once or was it the same bit played over.

wow hun, i bet it was scarey x

Gosh that was scary stuff.Fab watching it but not fun for the people who's house it it.:hug:

The lady that lives there was shaken up but not hurt. The ariel socket was blown out of the wall as were two electric sockets. Plaster was everywhere apparently.

There were two big bangs one knocked out the camera and the one you see in the video is played at different speeds to show the different elements of the strike.

Yeah it was scarey at the time but we didnt know what we had caught on the camera until after the storm.

Julie

wow:eek: scarey or what! it was interesting to watch but im glad no one was hurt though xx

hi

I have just returned from peterbourgh as we camped there last night at a japanese car show(sorry about spelling lol)

And whilst we where on the way there the sky blackend and the lightning started and boy it was bad ,some parts of motorway where flooded and cars had to pull over as the folk lighting looked like it could hit any one of us.

People that where already at car show had already had the storm and it had demolished a massive gazebo,,,,,,really scary.

lancslass said:
hi

I have just returned from peterbourgh as we camped there last night at a japanese car show(sorry about spelling lol)

And whilst we where on the way there the sky blackend and the lightning started and boy it was bad ,some parts of motorway where flooded and cars had to pull over as the folk lighting looked like it could hit any one of us.

People that where already at car show had already had the storm and it had demolished a massive gazebo,,,,,,really scary.
omg hun!!!!!!!!!

what i want to know is where the thing will strike next

lancslass said:
hi

Yikes .. scary stuff :(

Looks like the strike that we had here friday night, it was that bad none of us could sleep and around 3am there was one almighty thunderbolt, the noise seemed to go on forever before the final bang.
Everyone was out in the street wondering what the hell was happening and seeing if we could see smoke lol
We had the same again yesterday dinner for just over an hour then again at 5pm just as we was setting up for sons 18th birthday bbq party, ended up having over 30 ppl in the house untill the storm passed at 8pm which is just as well has more ppl turned up and we eventualy got outside and cranked the barbi up. ( i was shaking in my boots, im s**t scared of thunder & lightening)
Turned into a good night and ppl was even swimming in the outside swimming pool lol:rolleyes:

we had a pretty bad one here 2 days ago
thunderstorms in Miami are really bad especially in summer
here s a video i made a couple weeks ago
it was more impressing live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXA8CSPvJrc

In this country we dont have many storms like that one, so to manage to catch a strike on camera - especially in the centre of the camera, and so close was like soooooo jammy.

Julie

cirkey - id have been scared to death, i dont like lightening at the best of times

Blimey that is scarey! Lucky we only had a little bit of thunder and lightening down here...

Wow that was amazing, glad no one was hurt.

My mum's house got struck by lightning about 25 years ago. it was empty as my mum and step dad was living in Brunei, I was out there at the time. My brother phoned up and said there's been a small fire at the house (he lived away). When I flew back to England I phoned up my mum and said, it's more than a small fire. When you stand on the ground floor and look up you can see the sky!! The whole of the roof and second floor had been destroyed. sad thing was they had kept all the stuff locked away in the roof so that burglars couldn't get it, and it all went up in flames, but no one was hurt thank goodness.

omg Sassy that is a horrible thing to happen. I guess your right this strike could have been a whole lot worse luckily it wasnt.

Julie

Sassy Hassy said:
Wow that was amazing, glad no one was hurt.

My mum's house got struck by lightning about 25 years ago. it was empty as my mum and step dad was living in Brunei, I was out there at the time. My brother phoned up and said there's been a small fire at the house (he lived away). When I flew back to England I phoned up my mum and said, it's more than a small fire. When you stand on the ground floor and look up you can see the sky!! The whole of the roof and second floor had been destroyed. sad thing was they had kept all the stuff locked away in the roof so that burglars couldn't get it, and it all went up in flames, but no one was hurt thank goodness.

Sass, that is really bad!!!

That is a really scary, it's a really good video (not sure whether that's the right word for what actually happened, but I think your'll know what I mean!!)
I've bin showing everyone at work the vid!!
It's really scary how that can happen to any one of us!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

have you ever heard about these fireballs
when my mom was a kid she seen one getting in her house hit the kitchen sink that was in metal get out of the house then crash into the neighbors wall and made an impact in it :eek:
these things are so scary

wow that sounds scarey!

Julie

Latest posts

Back