Little girls dry skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltongue

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if any of you could suggest something for my little girl. Shes only 3 but over the last few days her skin on her cheeks and on her nose and between her eyes is very red and up close it looks dry and tight. Any suggestions?

Also it may sound like a stupid question but what do you wash your kids faces with? All I have ever done and still do is wash with clean water and dry with a towel, should I be doing more?

Well you could try good old solar oil, one of my clients said she has (or rather had) and patch of dry skin on her face and nothing would sort it ... but solar oil did.

i find E45 is very good for this.

My little boy has sensitive/dry skin so I wash his entire body with Simple baby wash and emulsifying ointment which works well.
As for the dry skin I expect most people on here will say, "SOLAR OIL". I have never used it but I have been told that it works wonders.

I always put a dab of vasoline on dry areas.

My little girl is 3 also and has this and I use Aqueous cream bought from Boots for a massive tub around quid. I only wash her face with water and occasionally a liitle wash if its not too dry. I also use Boots own brand Bubble bath and top to toe wash especially formulated for eczema and its a lot less drying than J&J. I actually found E45 not great for her as it made the skin blanche and sting for about half hour so Im suspecting its not right for her!! But definately go with the aqueous cream its not too greasy either and rubs in nicely. HTH

I have to admit I've put her to bed tonight with a bit of solar oil on the dry bits as I thought it couldn't do any harm trying. Will see what happens.

Make sure she has sufficient Essential Fatty Acids (the good fats) in her diet. http://goodfats.pamrotella.com/ This means yes to: oily fish, nuts, seeds, NO to: processed ready meals, fast food etc.

If she doesn't have them in her diet then they cannot be in her skin.

I would suggest moisturising her skin with a pure, natural oil such as Apricot Kernel.

My daughter used to react badly to E45, it would look like someone had poured boiling water over her.

strange ive been using E45 for 17yrs, if i stop using it i look like a spotty teenager, and i get very dry skin.x

i had a similar problem and was asking advice at the chemist and a lady in the queue recomended something that she got on prescription for her daughter. it can also be purchased over the counter, its called aveeno cream, cost about 6.99 for a tube, and had the problem that had been going on for weeks sorted out in a few days.

Lellipop said:
I always put a dab of vasoline on dry areas.

Yes Vaseline is the only thing that I have put on the kids faces when they are little as their skin is so sensitive.

Aveeno is great used it on both my boys.

Dermol 500 also fantastic stuff gave some to my friend who has had bad excema for 30 years and her skin is fantastic now.

Korres guava body butter is absolutely beautiful and very effective

me and my kids all suffer very dry skin and i use e45 shower gel for kids and that helps them and with me i use aqueous cream instead of soap on my feet and face and i aslo use it before bed and that works fine

My sister works in Lush and she uses their products on her son who has sensitive skin prone to dry patches, especially dream cream. I swear by olive oil - mix with sea salt for a body scrub in the bath or shower, rinse, then pat excess water off with a towel and relax in an old bathrobe whilst it soaks in. I also use solar oil, and Elizabeth Arden's eight hour cream. Also honey is excellant moisturiser and has antiseptic qualities too. It does need washing off but the plus side is if you put it on your face for a few minutes you can lick your lips and it tastes yummy!

Pixi

Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream works on everything and I swear by it!

I use it on my hands, dry patches and my lips (stops me from biting them).

Dad got burnt really badly by fire on his face and hand a couple of weeks ago and its cleared up a treat, with no scaring.

You can get really good deals on it from Ebay, which is where I get it from, I don't get it over the counter as its more expensive.

Good Old Savlon Easy To Rub In Nice And Light Works Wonders.

Sydney Has Been Getting A Sore Face It Is This Cold Weather I Put This On And It Just Goes.

I Only Use Water On My Kids Face They Have A Bubble Bath In The Bath Water That Is All They Need.

Caz Xxx

I swear by Palmers!

You can buy it from Boots and it smells like cocoa!

ltongue said:
Hi, just wondered if any of you could suggest something for my little girl. Shes only 3 but over the last few days her skin on her cheeks and on her nose and between her eyes is very red and up close it looks dry and tight. Any suggestions?

Also it may sound like a stupid question but what do you wash your kids faces with? All I have ever done and still do is wash with clean water and dry with a towel, should I be doing more?

aqueos cream from boots, my mum used it on me for eczema and i still swear by it now!

not wanting to step on anyone's toes, but vaseline is more of a barrier cream as it contains mineral products which do not easily enter the skin - excellent and recommended if you are taking your little one outside as it will stop any bad weather from worsening the condition. I would use a good, natural oil based product, whichever your brand or preference, as that should help :)

Latest posts

Back