Looking for a more "brown" tan solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I currently use tantrick and am very happy as are my clients.

Although I like the natural look for tantrick, I do feel that it sometimes does look a little too "red" toned on some people.

Could anyone recommend a solution that has a more tropical brown tone to it? I have tried suntana but feel there is a bit too much initial colour guide and this can be messy for clients clothes, etc.

Am I asking the impossible I wonder? :confused:

Have you tried xen tan? Ask them for a sample. I thought it was lovely x

i just have changed into Sienna. There are many shades. quite dark Brown but still natural will be 12%

I use Sienna too but I think it is more intense than Tantrick. Worth getting a sample though x

Have you tried Tantricks Autumn Gold ?
this gives a tropical brown colour, like you have just come back from a holiday in the med :hug:

I use Su do and have done for the last 5 years. I have tried others but prefer Su do. There solutions are 8, 10, 12% they also do an ultra dark although i havn't tried this.

The best way is to get loads of samples and see for yourself how they wear.

I did try the autum gold on both myself and fellow beautician friend.
We both thought it didn't wear off very well to be honest.

I might give it another go mind you. There are so many tanning solutions to choose from it really does get confusing!

I did try the autum gold on both myself and fellow beautician friend.
We both thought it didn't wear off very well to be honest.

I might give it another go mind you. There are so many tanning solutions to choose from it really does get confusing!

Did you try the Max(Tandare) 14%...how dark do you want to go :eek:

Naturasun do two lovely dark browns, after dark, (really dark) and d+e. The solutions are beautiful, but the service can be a bit hit and miss:eek:

Nope haven't tried the tandare 14%. I guess this is another new one?

It's not that I personally want to go darker, although some of my clients have been requesting a darker tan. It's more the colour tone that I was talking about, i.e. I am looking for something a bit more brown than red. Obviously everyone has a different tone and the outcome is different on different people. It just seems that all my tantrick clients come out more "reddish" than "brown" (you may have noticed I am trying hard not mention the "o" word, (orange!).

Don't get me wrong, as I said I am more than happy with tantrick as my clients keep returning. I just thought it would be a good idea to be able to offer something different to my clients, e.g those that request a rich brown colour, as opposed to "natural".

As my tanning experience grows I know that there are some folk that just want to go as dark as possible and don't want a "natural" look. :eek:

Fake Bake darker is very brown. Sprayed my nail tech last week and she looked like she'd spent a month in Barbados-she loved it. Fake Bake is popular with my younger clients as they like the 'brown' look. Am hopefully getting a sample from LA Tanning soon as i've been told their tans are nice and brown-they even do an 18% :eek:

Agree with Angelina -Fake Bake Darker may be what you're looking for. I always describe Fake Original as Goldy Brown, and Fake Bake Darker as Brown Brown.

If you call Fake Bake direct on 0870 054 445 they'll usually be happy to send you out a sample (dunno what happened to LoubyLou's though ...) x

Am hopefully getting a sample from LA Tanning soon as i've been told their tans are nice and brown-they even do an 18% :eek:

Dont hold your breath!! still waiting for my Disco :irked:

Ive been trying to find a browner tan too and after much searching and testing samples the Sienna 12% seems to be winning (not 12.5% though)

Now these are all really interesting replies....

When I do a training course, I get everyone who has received the same percentage DHA (we usually all try to have the same) to line up and then we each take turns of looking at the line-up (what a laugh that can be:lol:) and noticing how different everyone's colour is, even though they've all had the same tan!

Of course, at this point we are only looking at the guide colour, but the same thing applies when the tans have developed.

Dont hold your breath!! still waiting for my Disco :irked:

Ive been trying to find a browner tan too and after much searching and testing samples the Sienna 12% seems to be winning (not 12.5% though)

Well we shall see. They were extremely helpful on the fone and they emailed me also and were very helpful and friendly but will let you know if i get my sample or not!

Originally ordered mine on 20th April!! last Thursday I got samples but not the Disco that I wanted especially and had asked for :irked: I phoned them and they said they would get another one out to me that day.... it's a week tomorrow... now either Royal Mail are really bad or they havent sent it!

I dont care how nice they are on the phone, if they are unable to get solution out quicker than that then they are no use to me i'm afraid! :rolleyes:

XEN Tan is a really nice colour & Fake Bake Intense is a nice colour too xx

Have you tried vani-t I think it gives a lovely brown colour rather than the reddish tone your talking about
hth

Nope not tried vani-t, may contact them for a sample, thanks x

I recommend Urban Tan, my clients love it, looks like you have been abroad and its def brown.

Latest posts

Back