Male Nail Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil_NewNails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Going to be starting a nail course in sept, got a few strange looks when i went in to register (don't think they have many men enrol) anyone got any advice, Just got the complete nail tech book and really looking forward to start the course.

Phil :)

Hi Phil

Welcome to the site!

There are many great male nail techs (trying saying that after a few drinks lol) - so get your files out and join the gang!

Hi Phil welcome !! good luck with everything and keep us informed ;-)
I think its great to have more men in the nail tech world and also know that some of the men out there are great at what they do xxxx

Welcome to the site and the industry, you'll love it!

I suppose that you are going to get a few funny stares from people to begin with, unfortunately there are still some people stuck in the dark ages who cant accept that equal opportunities works both ways, and that men can do "womens" jobs if they want! Just remember this though, some of the best techs out there are men - the head honcho of this site for one (Samuel Sweet) and Ketan Patel also of CND, who I'm sure Geeg once told me was actually banned from entering competitions at one point cos he just kept winning them all!!

The very best of luck to you, rise above the stares and narrow minded attitudes, I'm sure they will be in the minority though.

Hi Phil, welcome to the site, i've just finished college course no male techs but plenty of male clients, enjoy your course:hug:..xx

Hi phil,
welcome to the geek site, pay no mind about the looks form the other applicants, they will forget after a while that you are a male lol, because they will be concentrating on the course and things will soon settle down. When I was at college, my tutor asked whether someone would like to be a model for aromatherapy full body massage, I volunteered and happily went to the salon. When I arrived I noticed that there was a student with the same uniform as me, with broad shoulders and didn't have a bra on under the tunic because her chest was small. She also had very long hair. When my name was called out I looked up and saw this person looking at me as if to say come on I am going to do your treatment. To cut a long story short, the aromatherapist was a male student. He did a fantastic treatment. I was shocked at first but it goes to show that beauty treatments are done by males and females.

hi phil, good luck with your course. There are male techs out there, they are very good at what they do . they certainly are a source of inspiration to me. having not been in nails very long myself i like to look at the geek gallery, there are some great pics on there,it gives me something to aspire to. im sure you will love the course and soon be as nutty about nails as us geeks. keep us updated on how you are doin. :green:

Good luck with it all. I agree, pay no attention to the 'looks', in fact, use it to your advantage, it may be seen as novel for some people! In fact, I actually prefer having a male hair stylist, so it may work for you too :)

Hi Guys, Thanks so much for all the replys, what a welcome, I will let you all know how I get on only 11 weeks until I start (can't wait).

Phil :)

There's loads of male nail techs around mate....some are amazing!!
Good luck and ignore everyone who isn't on your side.
If they aren't then perhaps they may regret it one day eh?
Get all the books you can.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/76166-nail-book.html#post791617.
Subscribe to Scratch Magazine.
Read (and print) all the tutorials and articles you find useful on the site and if you have any probs post a thread x

Hi Phil,
Good luck with your course, you will be fine, just enjoy it. I am sure you will make a great nail tech.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of nails :hug:
don't worry about small minded people, they are 100s of us on here that wont bat an eyelid at you been male,
we wouldn't care if you were sky blue pink with yellow dots as long as you like doing nails :lol:

Hi Phil, welcome to the site and good luck with your course.If you need any info then this is the place to be, what the guys on this site dont know is not worth knowing as they are all a great bunch and will help where they can.As for the strange looks ignor them,talking of looks make an album and let us see you,you are welcome to look in my albums and theres loads of other albums, tutorials to you can look until your hearts content.

Take care zena x

Welcome!!! I am a male tech and I have not had a problem. Concentrate on your work as that is what people will really care about. Produce great nails! thats what is important and you will have no problems

Hi & welc:Dme to the site. If ur passionate about nails u'll do great.
G:D:Dd luck.

Hi Phil & welcome to the family,there are many good male nail techs in the world & im sure you will be on that list,just enjoy it & procuce lovely nail enhancements ..as for the looks & narrow minded attitude ..pay no attention ..your passionate about doing nails that's all that matters,good luck on your course and do keep us posted x
hiya.gif

hi and welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your course and good luck:hug:

as the others say, take no notice, as for the students on your course, then show em what your made of,take it all in, concentrate and do your homework plus a bit more lol, In this day and age it shouldnt matter if you do nails, a woman at my mans works is a welder afterall,,, besides many men have got the natural knowhow how to make woman look good, I find men to be the best hairdressers etc,, so good luck and all that :hug:

Welcome to the site and as everyone says ignore those that are narrow minded, just remember some of the best hairdressers, nail techs, make-up artists and fashion designers are men. Just work hard and enjoy what you do. Good Luck. xxxx

Oooooo I think its great!! Good on u!! =)

The bets of luck with everything x

Latest posts

Back