Male Nail Techs!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to train my 16 year old grandson to do nails. I told him he could absolutely 'rake it in' at school if he did nails ... not to mention put himself through university while at the same time, meeting ALL the most attractive 'birds'!!

He is very artistic, very masculine and very up for the idea!!! Makes sense to me .. his dad did nails for the same reason and met Samantha!!

i am training!

:D

My 10 year old son is fascinated with nails and announced just this evening that he could probably do a manicure himself as he watched me so many times! He asked whether he could help me in the Christmas Holidays, I said he could make the coffee and hang up coats and (luckily) he's thrilled with the prospect of that. We've all got to start somewhere, eh...:)
(As indeed I will be if I actually DO get some new clients - new country, new start, GULP:eek:)

I'm about to train my 16 year old grandson to do nails. I told him he could absolutely 'rake it in' at school if he did nails ... not to mention put himself through university while at the same time, meeting ALL the most attractive 'birds'!!

He is very artistic, very masculine and very up for the idea!!! Makes sense to me .. his dad did nails for the same reason and met Samantha!!

Envy - male tech

Here and present,

Geeg, as always hit the nail on the head ;)

I must say I have never seen a male nail tech in any salon I've been to. I'm sure there's potential for the right male tech to become very popular. Like "You Don't Mess with the Zohan". heehee!

I know lots of male nail technicians:

Sam Sweet
Ant Buckley
Ketan Patel

A bit like hairdressing, some of the most famous nail technicians are guys!

yeah, i agree.but we dont have any aussie famouse hot male techs here. belive me i have asked around.we need some too.

yeah, i agree.but we dont have any aussie famouse hot male techs here. belive me i have asked around.we need some too.

But surely you have Nailzoo! How can you forget him! :hug:

They are all too busy to come on here,
the female client prefers a male nail tech :wink2:
i know if i was given the option of a female tech or a (good looking) male tech i would chose the male,
nails and a drool at the same time :lol::lol::lol:

well said hun.me too lol.xx:hug:

How can you say that - you have

NAILZOO

He is very well known in Australia - I know cos I've got relatives there...........I'm sure you have discussed Avolve with him too. Your profile says you have been in the industry for 9 years, you must know the big names surely:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
In this post http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/72417-primer-not.html#post777243 maxine says she has been doing nails for 20 years, she's from "the old school".

Must have been hiding under a rock for a while:)

I suppose it comes down to your interest in the industry.

Anyways, I'm sure she knows who I am now:rolleyes:
maxine, you can always google "nailzoo".

I googled you maxine and all I found was someone that used to sell stuff on ebay, you should get out there and get a name for yourself rather than remaining so anonymous.

Last edited:
Hi I am in training (love nails), and I'm male.

Phil :)

In this post http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/72417-primer-not.html#post777243 maxine says she has been doing nails for 20 years, she's from "the old school".

I suppose it comes down to your interest in the industry.

Anyways, I'm sure she knows who I am now:rolleyes:
maxine, you can always google "nailzoo".

I googled you maxine and all I found was someone that used to sell stuff on ebay, you should get out there and get a name for yourself rather than remaining so anonymous.

Thanks for taking the time to google me nailzoo, I did not know you could google a name!When I get time I will have a play with that, sounds like a great way to pass the day when not busy.Seems you are more famous on here and overseas than in OZ.Anyway hunky , young, buff male nail techs would be a gem to have.Let me know if there are any in oz and we can all get together for a coffee and sit outside the shop for a perve.Bit to scary to hang in nailzoos part of town specially after dark!!

in this post http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/72417-primer-not.html#post777243 maxine says she has been doing nails for 20 years, she's from "the old school".

i suppose it comes down to your interest in the industry.

Anyways, i'm sure she knows who i am now:rolleyes:
Maxine, you can always google "nailzoo".

I googled you maxine and all i found was someone that used to sell stuff on ebay, you should get out there and get a name for yourself rather than remaining so anonymous.

**ouch**

Thanks for taking the time to google me nailzoo, I did not know you could google a name!When I get time I will have a play with that, sounds like a great way to pass the day when not busy.Seems you are more famous on here and overseas than in OZ.Anyway hunky , young, buff male nail techs would be a gem to have.Let me know if there are any in oz and we can all get together for a coffee and sit outside the shop for a perve.Bit to scary to hang in nailzoos part of town specially after dark!!

I repeat **OUCH**

I will train my hubby to at least apply the tips and gel to my right hand, and who knows if he gets hooked :). He loves to "play around" with my airbrush and all the colours... He is trained to do Indian head massages and is also the most fabulous foot massager...

I would love to get training as a nail tech. I think nail art is way cool. :cool:

Yep. I would absolutely love to have a guy work for me in the salon, and he wouldn't even necessarily need to be fit (although it would help of course!).

Men can be so artistic, my dad has been a chef for 40 years, he has fingers like sausages and can do the most amazingly intricate buffet work!

I spent hours at Scottish Beauty this year watching Anthony Buckley, he's amazing. I only wish I was blessed with such a creative mind :cry:

Hi Guys and Gals!

Where are all the male nail techs? are there so few of us still?????

Here is one too! Here in Finland are so
few male nail techs :) I only now three...

my husband loves doing nails. i taught him

Latest posts

Back