Male waxing strange request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do agree actually with those above comments!

I have found that alot of female therapists can be very closed minded towards alot of things...
Now i really am not trying to make a debate over male/female, please dont get me wrong..
BUT what would you do it it was a FEMALE client that phoned up and wanted waxing, and she explained that she was fitted with some sort of fetish accessory???? Would it be the same case?

I have found that alot of female therapists can be very closed minded towards alot of things...
Now i really am not trying to make a debate over male/female, please dont get me wrong..
BUT what would you do it it was a FEMALE client that phoned up and wanted waxing, and she explained that she was fitted with some sort of fetish accessory???? Would it be the same case?
They would probably think it was fabulous!??

Phew! Am I relieved!

I have been watching this thread since it started and was amazed at some of the comments being posted. Eventually had to put my tuppence worth in.

Thank goodness some people agree with me. It can be a bit scary disagreeing with the majority on here sometimes. :lol:

Yes, the same case. Simply for health & safety reasons.
It would be extremely difficult to wax it around.

Sorry, I haven't been able to read all of the replies, so I apologise if I'm missing something here.

This is a male chastity belt right? Well each to their own but that should be kept private and not brought to the salon. It's kinky and asking to get waxed with it on is even kinkeer. He's getting off on it, rest assured. FACT!

If you start indulging your clients with this kind of stuff, before you know it, you'll have clients queuing up round the block and turning up with all manner of kinky outfits and paraphernalia and believe me......it ain't easy waxing someone who's wrapped up in a black bin liner with an orange stuffed up their jacksie!

You are waxers, not Dominatrix Madame's! Tell 'em to sod off!

I don't get it, why would you have one fitted. Is there a medical reason for having one?

I doubt it - it's a lifestyle choice. And for what it's worth I'm with Kim on this one, and if that makes me "closed minded", "bigoted", strait laced, whatever, do I look bothered?
It's my salon, my rules, and if I'm not comfortable with something I do have the right to say so.

I have to say, Im with Kim and Lynne on this one, nobody actually knows if he was even a serious client!!!!!!!!! He could even have been a crank caller!!! and look whats happened, 5 pages of geeks debating!!!! I think we have all made alot of assumptions that may or maynot be true. :green:

Ok, off the top of my head I can think of at least six friends who have a CB chastity device (there are about four versions). Most of the guys I know who own one, or are / have been locked into one are gay. A few are straight.

Why do they do it? There are a host of reasons, but each is as unique as the individual. Each makes a lifestyle choice, and they generally don't get in the way of day to day life. Gym, exercise, flying (provided you use a plastic lock), working etc all go on without anyone knowing.

I always say to people when you offer male intimate waxing some guys will get an erection to one level or another. The erection isn't the problem - their behaviour is what matters, and how they handle the situation. To me this is no different - they must respect the therapist, the treatment and understand the environment and behave accordingly.

It's my salon, my rules, and if I'm not comfortable with something I do have the right to say so.

Lynne made the most important and best statement here. Everyone must at all times work within their own comfort zone. And for everyone that is different! That doesn't make you a bigot, just makes you feel safe and happy.

Mat

As with anything in this industry, only ever do what you feel comfortable doing!
Never put yourself in a situation you feel you may become vulnerable, embarassed or uneasy or if you have mis-judged a situation and any of these develop, stop, stand your ground and walk out. Ive done it...and im sure there are a number of geeks on here that have also!!:)

Ok, off the top of my head I can think of at least six friends who have a CB chastity device (there are about four versions). Most of the guys I know who own one, or are / have been locked into one are gay. A few are straight.

Why do they do it? There are a host of reasons, but each is as unique as the individual. Each makes a lifestyle choice, and they generally don't get in the way of day to day life. Gym, exercise, flying (provided you use a plastic lock), working etc all go on without anyone knowing.

I always say to people when you offer male intimate waxing some guys will get an erection to one level or another. The erection isn't the problem - their behaviour is what matters, and how they handle the situation. To me this is no different - they must respect the therapist, the treatment and understand the environment and behave accordingly.

Lynne made the most important and best statement here. Everyone must at all times work within their own comfort zone. And for everyone that is different! That doesn't make you a bigot, just makes you feel safe and happy.

Mat

Very well said, Mat! My personal take on this is that there appears to be an untapped opportunity here for therapists who are also involved in the BDSM/fetish/alternative lifestyle scene and consequently happy to perform the service to the client's requirements (subject to health & safety and hygiene procedures being followed).

Naturally, many therapists would understandably prefer not to offer this type of service, and, as Lynne and Mat have already said - should have the right to refuse to treat the client if the client's wishes are outside their comfort zone.

When he phoned I was shocked as I had no idea such a thing existed. When he said what it was, I asked if it was possible to was around it and how much hair he would want removed. He said he would think about it and get back to me, but he wouldnt even give me his name.

There are many therapists who do not do male waxing as they are not comfortable with doing it. I am completely comfortable doing male waxing but I also agree with Kim and lynne and I found that I wasnt with that.

I had no idea why men would wear one, and I work in a salon on my own, so i have to be careful I have had problems with men before. (im not saying that there would have been with him, before everyone says something about that)

Like I said before each to their own but why does it need to brought into a salon? I would have been just the same if it were a female with the same request.

If he was genuine and wasn't trying to shock you (and he was), he had no need to mention it and would have simply arrived for his waxing having left it at home. He was getting off on trying to shock you.

Trust me, I wax men all day every day and I have no idea what their sexual preferences are as I'm just a waxer. I do live in the real world and by the very nature of what I do day in, day out, shows that I'm very broadminded. However, we need boundaries and people treat you how you allow them to treat you.

If anyone watches the programme Sexcetera (as I do), you may have seen an episode about chastity belts and according to the people on that were wearing them, it is a perversion and based on sexual pleasure.

This must be one of the most viewed postings for a long while and what does that say about this community? I can't comment on the guy's motives for asking to be waxed but he probably can't remove the device because he does not have access to the key! After my next intimate waxing my wife will be fitting me with a CB6000 (the alternative was divorce) not sure how long for but I may be looking for a sympathetic therapist in the north to continue with my regular waxing. We live in a diverse and varied society but I certainly will not be wanting to shock and upset anyone who cannot deal with this type of situation. I always behave impecably.

This must be one of the most viewed postings for a long while and what does that say about this community? I can't comment on the guy's motives for asking to be waxed but he probably can't remove the device because he does not have access to the key! After my next intimate waxing my wife will be fitting me with a CB6000 (the alternative was divorce) not sure how long for but I may be looking for a sympathetic therapist in the north to continue with my regular waxing. We live in a diverse and varied society but I certainly will not be wanting to shock and upset anyone who cannot deal with this type of situation. I always behave impecably.

Just curious but why does someone wear one? And can you be waxed with one on?

Just curious but why does someone wear one? And can you be waxed with one on?

I can think of two possible reasons:

(1) The person is involved with the BDSM/fetish/alternative lifestyle scene.

(2) Their partner/wife/husband is paranoid or has been cheated on by them before and makes them wear one.

I can think of two possible reasons:

(1) The person is involved with the BDSM/fetish/alternative lifestyle scene.

(2) Their partner/wife/husband is paranoid or has been cheated on by them before and makes them wear one.

Thanks I just wondered

This must be extremely unhygienic! If you can't remove while going to toilet yak, I say it's quite disgusting. How can you want waxing services if you can’t clean yourself after going to toilet? :eek:

This must be extremely unhygienic! If you can't remove while going to toilet yak, I say it's quite disgusting. How can you want waxing services if you can’t clean yourself after going to toilet? :eek:

I think a more logical way to handle this is for his wife to remove the CB2000 device, ensure that he cleans the area to be waxed, and then chaperones him to the waxing appointment, such that when his waxing is completed, and they return home, the CB2000 can be re-installed as per her requirements.

That would be a simpler situation all round... the therapist would be able to get on with the job of waxing him without having to work around the constraints of the CB2000 (so an easier job, without any unnecessary hygiene or health and safety complications, as well as less risk of embarrassment).

I agree with you Ruth, quite simple solution :green:

Latest posts

Back